Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2011, 07:06 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times

Advertisements

What annoys me about 'MILF' is it's like a fetish and it kind of implies it's unnatural or taboo to like an older woman while it's perfectly 'orthodox' for a 20 year old woman to be with a 40 year old man?

Old 01-10-2011, 07:22 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,467,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
What annoys me about 'MILF' is it's like a fetish and it kind of implies it's unnatural or taboo to like an older woman while it's perfectly 'orthodox' for a 20 year old woman to be with a 40 year old man?
I think it's unnatural. It's customary for the man to be older. Think of how rare it is to find a couple where the man is significantly younger. I'm 19 and if I saw someone my age dating a 16 year old girl, I wouldn't think twice about it. But if I knew a guy my age that was dating a 22 year old, I would think something's off.

A 2 or 3 year age gap is nothing when the male is older. But when the female is older, a 2 or 3 year age gap can make a big difference.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I think it's unnatural. It's customary for the man to be older. Think of how rare it is to find a couple where the man is significantly younger. I'm 19 and if I saw someone my age dating a 16 year old girl, I wouldn't think twice about it. But if I knew a guy my age that was dating a 22 year old, I would think something's off.

A 2 or 3 year age gap is nothing when the male is older. But when the female is older, a 2 or 3 year age gap can make a big difference.
A 19 yo male with a 22 yo female is much more appropriate than a 19 yo male with a 16 yo female imo. Age gaps matter more the younger you are, especially during the formative years.

I don't see it is unnatural at all. It makes more sense, as women live longer than men on average, so if a woman married a man say 5 years younger at least they'd die around the same age, lol.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:25 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,656 times
Quote:

I'm curious to know why you feel it's a big difference if the woman is older? I have dated men significantally younger than myself, I have recently met a man who is 14 years my junior (I'm 40) and surprisingly, we have a GREAT time talking, hanging out, etc...
I don't feel the gap at all, he's very well traveled, experienced a lot in life and can talk intelligentally on many topics.
Even though I have pointed out the age difference, he says age is just a number and that it means absolutely nothing to him.
When we have gone out with friends (all closer to his age), no one ever suspects I'm THAT much older.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
I'm curious to know why you feel it's a big difference if the woman is older? I have dated men significantally younger than myself, I have recently met a man who is 14 years my junior (I'm 40) and surprisingly, we have a GREAT time talking, hanging out, etc...
I don't feel the gap at all, he's very well traveled, experienced a lot in life and can talk intelligentally on many topics.
Even though I have pointed out the age difference, he says age is just a number and that it means absolutely nothing to him.
When we have gone out with friends (all closer to his age), no one ever suspects I'm THAT much older.
While I'm no 'MILF-hunter' , there are women your age and over even who I find attractive both inside and outside. I mean in general I am more attracted to women my own age, but I wouldn't rule out someone a little older.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:37 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Okay, what is DILF ? and.............

GILF ? Is that Grandma or Girlfriend , lol !

Old 01-10-2011, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
A 19 yo male with a 22 yo female is much more appropriate than a 19 yo male with a 16 yo female imo. Age gaps matter more the younger you are, especially during the formative years.

I don't see it is unnatural at all. It makes more sense, as women live longer than men on average, so if a woman married a man say 5 years younger at least they'd die around the same age, lol.
I've heard a 21 year old say she would never be interested in a 19 year old because she likes a man and not a boy. That's the thing...they say they like a man, so that's why it's customary for the male to be older. A 19 year old would seem like a man to a 16 year old.

A lot of 21-22 year olds I know view me as a boy or that I could pass for a high school student. It's clear that they would never be interested in me. I'm pretty sure I was the youngest person in at least 1 of my classes during the fall semester. It's no wonder I have a bad dating life. The girls in my classes are out of reach. There was once a middle aged cougar in one of my classes that had a thing for me, but that's another story...

I can be friends with a 16 year old or a 22 year old. But when it comes to dating, that's another story. I could never handle a 22 year old. I might be able to handle a 16 year old. But I can't date high school students because I don't know any where I live. My high school is 2,000 miles away from my college, so a relationship with someone at my high school wouldn't work out.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:44 AM

Quote:
I've heard a 21 year old say she would never be interested in a 19 year old because she likes a man and not a boy. That's the thing...they say they like a man, so that's why it's customary for the male to be older. A 19 year old would seem like a man to a 16 year old.

A lot of 21-22 year olds I know view me as a boy or that I could pass for a high school student. It's clear that they would never be interested in me. I'm pretty sure I was the youngest person in at least 1 of my classes during the fall semester. It's no wonder I have a bad dating life. The girls in my classes are out of reach. There was once a middle aged cougar in one of my classes that had a thing for me, but that's another story...

I can be friends with a 16 year old or a 22 year old. But when it comes to dating, that's another story. I could never handle a 22 year old. I might be able to handle a 16 year old. But I can't date high school students because I don't know any where I live. My high school is 2,000 miles away from my college, so a relationship with someone at my high school wouldn't work out.
I know 30 year olds who act like boys...

Geez, a few years really make that much of a difference? Age is only important if you make it so.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
Some people change a lot from 19 to 26. I'm 19, so a 14 year age gap would be 19 and 33. Are you saying I should date a 33 year old?

Besides, it sounds like this 26 year old is older on the inside (meaning he's more mature than the average 26 year old).

I think because of how young I am, the age gap makes a big difference when the female is older. Girls mature before boys.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:49 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Well thank you! I'm rarely referred to as "hot". I appreciate that compliment!
I just saw your photo young lady and if you are RARELY referred to as HOT then you have alot of blind people around you! YOU ARE HOT INDEED!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships