Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2011, 02:42 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedonym View Post
im 33 but thanks for asking. i like MEN not BOYS. I didnt date 16 year olds when i WAS 16.

my photo is in the photo thread somewhere. for what it matters.

i dont want ANYONE, regardless of age, to think of me as a piece of meat. it is disgusting, disrespectful, immature and chauvinistic.

I have more class than that.
Neither do I, and I do consider myself as having "class". I guess I just don't take the acronym word-for-word, anymore. It's kind of become a word on its own - a compliment that the younger set uses for convenience. I was called that by a guy who didn't even know what "milf" literally means, because they weren't aware of how and when the term first became popularized. It's just another word to them.

People have different interpretations, though. Some take it at the literal sense. I think it largely depends on the circumstance. If someone knows you see it as a negative comment, they should respect that. Of course, not many people are willing to ask "would it offend you?", beforehand.

Just my opinion, of course.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:44 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,553,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
If you have, how did you take it? Compliment? Offensive statement? Also, by whom were you referred to as a MILF?
I wonder. I have seen many women on many forums that claim it is demeaning to be looked as a piece of meat and I now see so many taking a comment of this nature as a compliment. I must say it sounds confusing to me.

How different is if a lady on the street is whistled and called names as she passes by? Isn't the same intent on both situations? Is it not that on both situations a man or men gauged a woman,s breasts, butt, the whole body and someone just wants to F her? I must be old fashion because I would never ever approach a woman and call her that. I never did treat women as such even in my teenage years. I suppose times have changed. Now I know why young teen girls even send nude pictures to the boys when probably they have the same attitude of many moms.
Now, a man passed and call her MILF, that is nice? I just do not know.

The other day I was waiting in the lobby of a Army post hotel for a old Armhy buddy. I saw this man with his two daughters at the front desk. The daughter were about 13 and 14. They simply were dressed like prostitutes you may see in any movie. I could not believe it. Then I saw the mom come in. All I said, "OK, I know why", take care.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:49 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
Neither do I, and I do consider myself as having "class". I guess I just don't take the acronym word-for-word, anymore. It's kind of become a word on its own - a compliment that the younger set uses for convenience. I was called that by a guy who didn't even know what "milf" literally means, because they weren't aware of how and when the term first became popularized. It's just another word to them.

People have different interpretations, though. Some take it at the literal sense. I think it largely depends on the circumstance. If someone knows you see it as a negative comment, they should respect that. Of course, not many people are willing to ask "would it offend you?", beforehand.

Just my opinion, of course.
When I think someone is a MILF, I don't mean the acronym literally. To me, it's just another way of calling someone attractive.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:51 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
If you don't want anyone under 30 checking you out, I take it you're well over 30.

You might think it's disturbing for a teen to be attracted to you, but it's actually a compliment. It's a fact that people become less attractive as they age. If a teen is attracted to you, it means you managed to stay attractive. Take it as a compliment.

When you use the word disturbing, I take that personally. I admit I'm attracted to MILFs, so I take offense when you say that's disturbing.

You know what's more disturbing? If someone is a pedophile. That's way worse than a teen being attracted to MILFs.

When I'm 30+ years old, I would take it as a compliment if a 19 year old girl was attracted to me.

Just because someone is secure in themself doesn't mean they're attractive. Of course, I'm not talking about you personally since I don't know what you look like. This is just a general statement.

There was a fat couple at my high school that were attracted to each other but no one else was attracted to them. They were secure in themselves, but that didn't make them attractive.

At least some MILFs realize it's a compliment to be called a MILF. One word: cougar

There was a cougar that had a thing for me...
cant believe im agreeing with you on something...this woman needs to relax

Old 03-04-2011, 02:56 PM

946 posts, read 2,918,515 times
Quote:
No, it's more like saying "you're getting old, but you don't look old"
That doesn't make sense. If you're calling someone a MILF you're assuming that she's in the older range, otherwise you wouldn't be calling her a MILF. Therefore, she looks older, but beautiful still.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
That doesn't make sense. If you're calling someone a MILF you're assuming that she's in the older range, otherwise you wouldn't be calling her a MILF. Therefore, she looks older, but beautiful still.
Not necessarily. A MILF can be an older person that looks younger (example: a 35 year old that looks 28).

In fact, a lot of times, looking younger is what makes her a MILF.

Old 03-04-2011, 03:01 PM

946 posts, read 2,918,515 times
Quote:
Not necessarily. A MILF can be an older person that looks younger (example: a 35 year old that looks 28).

But what I'm trying to say is that you wouldn't call a younger female a MILF, only someone you would think is way older. Implied in the term MILF is someone that is past their prime.

Old 03-04-2011, 03:02 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,326,170 times
Quote:

Now I'm confused I thought the qualifiers for a MILF were 1) attractive and 2) being a mother. When did age come into play....I thought that was for cougars? Why does it sound like I'm at the zoo all of a sudden? Why can't a woman just be called a woman anymore?

Old 03-04-2011, 03:14 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Now I'm confused I thought the qualifiers for a MILF were 1) attractive and 2) being a mother. When did age come into play....I thought that was for cougars? Why does it sound like I'm at the zoo all of a sudden? Why can't a woman just be called a woman anymore?
I also don't understand why MILF is only referred to older moms (although technically at my age of 32, I'm qualified ) The dork that I am, had to look it up in Wikipedia and I guess it is referred to women between 30 and 50. As we all know, if it's Wikipedia, it must be true!!!

Old 03-04-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
A 21 year old that has a baby is not a MILF. Technically she's a mom, but the traditional definition of MILF is someone that got older and stayed attractive. It's expected for a 21 year old to be attractive, so a 21 year old mother is not a MILF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
But what I'm trying to say is that you wouldn't call a younger female a MILF, only someone you would think is way older. Implied in the term MILF is someone that is past their prime.
I admit that sometimes I can "tell" someone is older. But regardless, a MILF is someone that is holding up better than her peers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships