Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 03:23 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,308,235 times

Advertisements

My best roommates have been Christian hetero males. They are clean and tidy, go to bed early, don't complain too much.

I don't think I can ever live with a gay guy. I consider myself an alpha gay male (in a female body) and I won't have anyone in the house who is more glamorous, and who can sht more glitter than me!

Women are just... either really dirty and sloppy, or really neat but naggy. No es bueno.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 08:14 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,323,347 times
note: The church teaches it's wrong for unmarried men to live with women..
In reference to above post...

I think I would get bored with a Hetro Christian male...

I can't think of a more dull roomate...

I use to have hetro male christian friends...but the relationships felt so 'fake'...
Built on a false premise of who 'could be more perfect and without sin'...

Kind of like seeing who can hold their breath the longest...

I never really felt they liked me, rather they 'liked or loved me through Christ'...

In other words the only reason why they liked me was because Jesus was forcing them too.

I prefer living around people who have accepted 'flawed' as the natural state of man...and thus build their relationship with God and others around that.

But I suppose if it were strictly a business arrangement with minimal interaction...
It could work...

But when I get a roomate...I also want someone I can some what relate too, sit down and watch tv with...and even confide in from time to time...

Without being told I'm a sinner and need to repent and 'come to my church'...

Someone I could sit down and watch a movie with, without being told how sinful the programing was...

Or who always had in the back of their mind that I was 'hellbound' since I might not believe or relate to the world as them...

Many Christians have that 'do not be unequally yoked' mentality..
And as such, would probablly see you as being 'contaminated'...

Not only that...

But I doubt a Hetro Christian male would ever live with a single female...
(refering to above poster)...

The church teaches it's a grave sin for unmarried man and woman to live together...

Old 01-08-2011, 08:31 AM

Ehh... who listens to the church nowadays! I've had hetero xian male roomies in college and they were dramaless and fine. No proselytizing. I think they knew I was too far gone to try and convert me as I looked and dressed like a regular Satan worshipper. On the other hand I prefer not to be too close with roomies so I wouldn't have to feel obligated to hang out with them, nor have to feel jilted when they hung out with other people. I guess it all depends on what your goals are with your roommate. I did have a female roommate who is my best female friend, and we got along just fine, but it also grew tiresome. At times I felt like the friendship would have been in trouble if we had to room together for much longer. I valued her friendship so I moved out.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:07 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,323,445 times
Feminane open gay males, make the best roomates for straight hetro men...and women...

Ah phooey!! They would "borrow" clothes, shoes, makeup, etc. no different than a straight female roommate AND would probably try to lean up on my man too!

Old 01-08-2011, 09:29 AM

399 posts, read 974,075 times
The OP is one of the most underhandedly homophobic things I've ever read on here (and that's saying something).

Newsflash: gay men aren't here to be "perfect roommates" for straight women, or to provide you with "non-threatening" male attention. Get a dog and hire a housekeeper.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:49 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Also they can spell and have better grammar than hetero men---just saying.
I'm an English teacher and it doesn't bother me as long as I can read and understand it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
I don't think I can ever live with a gay guy. I consider myself an alpha gay male (in a female body) and I won't have anyone in the house who is more glamorous, and who can sht more glitter than me!
Miyu, that was hilarious! Let's go watch Priscilla, Queen of the Desert one more time.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:02 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,851,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
In my opinion...the best roomate, either for a single male or female, are open honest fem gay males...

(I don't expect much response to this, but want to lay this out anyways..)

Let's start with why Hetro males can greatly benefit from fem gay roomates...

1. They're very clean and tidy...

I had one once...and they kept their side of the house totally spotless...clean, shiny...everything was bright and white, and or sparkling...I was impressed...
I considered myself tidy...but they made me look like a slob...
Exactly. They make you look like a slob, and god forbid you leave a clean glass out by the sink because you plan to use it again later....

Quote:
2. Open, out of the closet, gay males, are some of the most honest people you will ever encounter...

They don't hide much...and they understand persicution...as such, they have a certain fortitude about them...and they know how to listen without judging...(unless you attack their lifestyle)...
And in the case of my femmy gay male roommate, he revelled in being over-the-top harsh. You couldn't kick back for a second around the guy, and he felt like it was his job to "put you in your place" if you thought too highly of yourself. Every minute flaw in your life was cause for a crass, snarky comment at an inopportune moment.

Quote:
3. If they're fem...your kinda getting the best of both worlds...many fems still have a 'boyish' or 'tomboyish' side to them...and that can come in handy when you just feel like rough housing a bit..... or watching a game or other semi manly stuff...
...rough housing? Only with my GF, dude...

Quote:
4. Because they are 'fem'...they won't 'get in your way'...ego wise...

Hetro guys living together have egos to deal with...each others...like placeing to alpha Lions in a closed space...

With a fem guy...it's understood your the alpha, and their the beta...which brings balance to the household...
With my straight male roommates, it was always more like, "dude, let's have another beer!" We stayed clear of eachothers' girlfriends and that was that.

Quote:
5. Asteticly...they usually just look better...cleaner, sharper...cause they make their looks a priority...(at least the younger ones)...

I've heard horror stories about women and the sloppy hetro husbands, dirty underclothing, dirty socks, dirty jeans, with fem guys, you don't gotta worry about all that...their tidy and clean...
Actually, I was better dressed and more stylish than said roommate. This pissed him off to no end, that a straight man who was built like a "cornfed farmboy" (in his words - I'm 6'2, blond/blue eyes/built like a tank) had better fashion sense than him.

Quote:
It's almost like living with a woman, inside of a mans body...
All the drama of a woman, with all the aggression of a man. Sign me up!

Quote:
The only concern is, not allowing them to develop a crush on you...cause then they start getting jelious and acting like a female every time you go out...
Yeah, he had a monster crush on me, which is part of the reason he could come off as such a prick.

Quote:
There's different degrees of feminality in fems...

Some just look it naturally...but act and behave straight...(they can't help that their biology has them looking more fem than some females)...

And other fem gay guys act very or slightly fem, but appear as an average 'male'...you might only know their fem, when they talk, or through other mannerisms...

And then some fem gay guys...look masculine...but in their minds, they are 'feminane'...
This can be the oddest of the combinations, and throw people off the most...

Kinda like if Hulk Hogan was 'fem'...it would throw people off...and make many uncomfortable...

But to each their own...find the fem of your choice...

I'm simply saying...next time your looking for a roomate...specifically request a fem gay guy...and I think you'll be glad you did...
Only if they're absolutely nothing like my old roommate

Gay people are people too, they aren't any more or less virtuous by nature than anyone else, and so you can run into the same awful roommate pitfalls you can with anyone else.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mintjulep View Post
The OP is one of the most underhandedly homophobic things I've ever read on here (and that's saying something).

Newsflash: gay men aren't here to be "perfect roommates" for straight women, or to provide you with "non-threatening" male attention. Get a dog and hire a housekeeper.
Interpit it as you wish...I have no control over how you interpit stuff...

But back to what I was saying...

I would never want to live with a undercover gay guy...which most are...

You know...the Craiglist types, who post the most nastiest vile stuff, never revealing their identity...

But revealing their darkest homosexual fantacies by night, while living a 'straight' life by day...

Going out of their way to 'act' more straight than even straight guys do...

Honesty is key to me...
And I find or have found, feminane open out of the closet gay males to be some of the most honest people on the planet...

And I'm more at ease around people who are honest about who they are...

And people can be fem and gay, and live celibate lives...sometimes it's just a demenor, or a sway...

Straight acting hetro males keep a lot of dark secrets they never reveal...
Cause their to up tight, and always trying to follow some shallow macho template....

I find that type of behavior very stuffy and limiting...

I'll take an open honest gay fem roomate any day over some closet, secretive pretend to be hetro male, who sniffs your shoes while your gone and away...

Last edited by Time and Space; 01-08-2011 at 11:04 AM..

Old 01-08-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Let's go watch Priscilla, Queen of the Desert one more time.
Hahah! I am going to put it in my Netflix queue to relive it!!!

Old 01-08-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Exactly. They make you look like a slob, and god forbid you leave a clean glass out by the sink because you plan to use it again later....

And in the case of my femmy gay male roommate, he revelled in being over-the-top harsh. You couldn't kick back for a second around the guy, and he felt like it was his job to "put you in your place" if you thought too highly of yourself. Every minute flaw in your life was cause for a crass, snarky comment at an inopportune moment.

...rough housing? Only with my GF, dude...

With my straight male roommates, it was always more like, "dude, let's have another beer!" We stayed clear of eachothers' girlfriends and that was that.

Actually, I was better dressed and more stylish than said roommate. This pissed him off to no end, that a straight man who was built like a "cornfed farmboy" (in his words - I'm 6'2, blond/blue eyes/built like a tank) had better fashion sense than him.

All the drama of a woman, with all the aggression of a man. Sign me up!

Yeah, he had a monster crush on me, which is part of the reason he could come off as such a prick.

Only if they're absolutely nothing like my old roommate

Gay people are people too, they aren't any more or less virtuous by nature than anyone else, and so you can run into the same awful roommate pitfalls you can with anyone else.
Believe it or not, i enjoyed reading your post...it was easy to read and understand...

And I liked the way you contrasted your reality with my idealism...
I'm not a head strong guy, in that if what someone says makes sense...I listen and consider...

And your right in many points, in that I haven't lived with all varieties of Fem gay guys before...

I've never lived with the possesive drama queen type...(my roomate was more balanced)

Or a 300 lb girly man who suddenly see's you as their prized possesion and pins you to the floor like a wrestler...

Your post was helpful to me actually...

But I think my emphasis is more on honesty...

And the last fem roomate I had taught me a lot about honesty and not being ashamed of who you are...they also taught me a lot about being brave in the face of opposition...

(This guy was a feminane open young gay male in a gay hostile, camoflouge wearing country boy community..)

He, my roomate, didn't teach these things to me personally, rather I just watched him manuver through various enviornments and watched how they dealt with things...

And through such, showed me how wimpy I was, by trying to act so 'hetro' and 'macho' all the time...

I realized I was the scared one, not him...for he was being real, and himself, inspite of the social risks...

And I've come to admire that in some...

Verses the Craigslist type of personalities, that are tormented by their dual sexual identities...and don't know how to deal with, and as such

it manifests itself in the most vile ways possible....

Hiding stuff, will reveal that wierd odd creepy behavior...
And not coming to terms with what's in you...

With the fem roomate...none of that was present...he was open, even about his attraction to myself, and we would joke and laugh about it...

And we would even wrestle...and then when i would win, he would 'play gay'...and pretended he liked it, in which I would instantly let go...

It was like a inside comedy routine we had going on...

And to me, I'd much rather wrestle a open fem gay guy, than a tough hairy 'hetro' guy, who only pretended to be 'straight'...
But at night posts on Craigslist...

Why would I want to wrestle a regular hetro male??

Last edited by Time and Space; 01-08-2011 at 11:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships