Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 09:56 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That sounds good enough to me. What are we arguing about then?
I'm not sure.

This is what happens when I can't access my usual nothing-to-do-on-a-sociable-night forum. I start making arguments on other forums :|

Old 01-07-2011, 09:57 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
415_s2k,
Just shows how women pick which traditions to keep and which to get rid of. They can talk about how much money they have, power, authority, how brave they are, how many risks they take, etc. But when it comes to dating, all that is thrown out the window.

What's up with the whole "I won't offer to pay for the tip until later on along the road"? Which can take months or years. A guy doesn't hold himself from being nice regardless of being date #1 or #100. Why would women hold themselves from being nice and showing nice gestures?

Try dating asian women (non westernized). Call it coincidence or luck but so far when I go out with them they don't just show up and that's it.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:59 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
The answer is probably pretty simple onihC, it's because they can.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:59 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
If it ever happens to me, I'll pay the portion, promptly find my way to my car, and will never be seen again, as I already mentioned.
Sierra, so I'm on a date and it's going well. We're flirting and talking about the next date. The kind of date, where he helps me with my coat and seat...I love it. Check please. Childfree, with tax and tip you owe... WTH.

I say again, WTF. Really, I mean really. Okay. I never go on a date penniless anyway. Okay, that's fine.

Maybe, I missed out. I'm sure someone will say, you could've missed out on a good man. How about he missed out on a good woman.

I would walk through the door dailing your number. Sierra, guess what this mofo did.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:02 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childfree35 View Post
I'm sure someone will say, you could've missed out on a good man.
You wouldn't. It's not about money; it's about character.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:03 PM

Childfree35,
How can a guy find out if he missed out on a nice woman if all she did was show up? See, women test men and put them through months or years of probation (initial stages) and then maybe they might offer to contribute to expenses or do more than just showing up and the many reasons women mention are: I want to see if he's serious, I want to see if he's generous, I want to see if he will be my good provider, etc. Ok, but, do you think a man will be convinced that the girl is good for him if all she does is just, well, show up? How can a guy see if she is generous and so on?

Old 01-07-2011, 10:15 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,410,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Childfree35,
How can a guy find out if he missed out on a nice woman if all she did was show up? See, women test men and put them through months or years of probation (initial stages) and then maybe they might offer to contribute to expenses or do more than just showing up and the many reasons women mention are: I want to see if he's serious, I want to see if he's generous, I want to see if he will be my good provider, etc. Ok, but, do you think a man will be convinced that the girl is good for him if all she does is just, well, show up? How can a guy see if she is generous and so on?
Its about the man feeling honored to have the woman in her presence and the woman feeling honored that he's paying..what more do you want for a first date? do you never get laid or something?

Old 01-07-2011, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Its about the man feeling honored to have the woman in her presence and the woman feeling honored that he's paying..what more do you want for a first date? do you never get laid or something?
I am not used to going out with mooches. The girls I go out with ask me out and vice versa. Doesn't matter who asked who, who came up with the plan, etc. It doesn't hold them or me to show nice gestures right off the bat. We split, they take care of my dinner, I take care of theirs, etc. Just goes back and forth. That is why I find it interesting how western girls demand all kinds from men, including taking care of your expenses, but not be willing to offer all those things they demand. A man's presence is not enough for you?

Old 01-07-2011, 10:31 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,410,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
I am not used to going out with mooches. The girls I go out with ask me out and vice versa. Doesn't matter who asked who, who came up with the plan, etc. It doesn't hold them or me to show nice gestures right off the bat. We split, they take care of my dinner, I take care of theirs, etc. Just goes back and forth. That is why I find it interesting how western girls demand all kinds from men, including taking care of your expenses, but not be willing to offer all those things they demand. A man's presence is not enough for you?
Tell me then, what does a man want?

The man's presence obviously is enough for me, I agreed to the date, didn't I?

Old 01-07-2011, 10:33 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Tell me then, what does a man want?
Afraid you'll have to ask a man, hon'...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships