Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 01:30 AM

23,206 posts, read 29,018,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by siteuser View Post
Due to a few bad relations with women, I find it hard to trust a woman I am dating when they tell me something. Like I'm out with friends or the girls, etc. And since she lives a town away, there is always a question in my mind is she weighing her options or being truthful?

I know, previous relationships have effected my judgment, so I am looking for guidance to calm my suspicions. Please do not turn this into an attack thread.
Remain ever-vigilant, intelligent, a proud member of the human race: never, ever let your suspicions be calmed, never trust anyone!

Old 01-27-2011, 06:12 AM

48 posts, read 82,752 times
Don't worry , be happy.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:14 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,117,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Women are extremely difficult to deal with. They are biased as hell and only see their points of view because they've been told since they were young that women are oppressed when they were told to "Get back in the kitchen to bake cakes" or "Be obedient to men within the church" : which is nothing compared to what the Blacks and Jews went through.
DITTO. I agree 110%

Old 01-27-2011, 07:14 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,181,218 times
Quote:
Women are extremely difficult to deal with. They are biased as hell and only see their points of view because they've been told since they were young that women are oppressed when they were told to "Get back in the kitchen to bake cakes" or "Be obedient to men within the church" : which is nothing compared to what the Blacks and Jews went through.
Nonsense as usual artsyguy. It's no wonder you have problems with people (men and women). You talk about women being hard to deal with while you are one of the most needy and mean people on this board. I can't imagine anyone getting along with you off line, let alone women.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:22 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
DITTO. I agree 110%
Both of you are completely, utterly clueless.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:46 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siteuser View Post
Due to a few bad relations with women, I find it hard to trust a woman I am dating when they tell me something. Like I'm out with friends or the girls, etc. And since she lives a town away, there is always a question in my mind is she weighing her options or being truthful?

I know, previous relationships have effected my judgment, so I am looking for guidance to calm my suspicions. Please do not turn this into an attack thread.

Thank you.
This one is pretty easy. How does she talk about others when they aren't around? Is she close with and loyal to her "immediate circle" like family and friends?

Picture someone you know that is a dishonest user. They've generally burned bridges and only have superficial friends and so on and so forth.
So, when you meet someone and they have similar types of relationships with the people around them it should provide an indication or at least warning sign.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:56 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Women are extremely difficult to deal with.
You could save time around here and consolidate your various posts if you just changed "women" to "homosapiens".

Old 01-27-2011, 10:28 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Default How to trust a woman at her word?

Most women play by the rules.

Basically, cause they make up the rules.

When you find someone that you can truly trust I would find it a real blessing. Most often people will give you half truths or omit a few key words or details that would make it misleading.

You burn me once and I will hold back much from being discussed. Things I could share with someone I know would laugh or would understand or would never use against me in some future disagreement.

Hope things will work for you. Best thing to do is baby steps. Simple things you ask them not to reveal to anyone else and see how well they do. If they do well then you can let them in more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships