Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 07:19 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,673,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I don't like when a woman feels the need to act like an employer and says-"good luck in your search"

So I called back and yes I left some curse words on her voicemail this morning saying she made herself sound like a fool acting like an employer. She said she felt we wasn't looking for the same things and good luck on the search. I knew it was red flag when my phone call and the text afterwards was ignored.

But I don't have a problem with what I did because we live in different states and work in different fields so I don't see how paths crossing in the future. But the message I left was nothing like the message she would have received 11 years ago. So I will look at the bright side and realize we are only 9 days into the new year and I can just move on from here.

BTW: I asked could we be platonic friends since we both liked football and her answer was NO. Wow
I am trying to not let what women say get to me as much; especially if we are still platonic. I need to work even more when we are not platonic; but, practice makes perfect.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
His main problem is that he's not open to suggestions. Reasonable people tell him not to call the girl 4 times a day, but he makes an excuse why it's ok. In the end he loses. If you're going to keep on doing the same thing, you're going to get the same result.
Is it better to ignore chicks if we are not getting any "traction"? I usually only do that when I develop a bad attitude.

I have been trying to practice some of the habits described in a book by Dale Carnegie regarding how to win friends and influence people; it claims we should try to approach people positively instead of avoiding them. I am working on that and discovered it helps to have a positive attitude.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:36 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,337,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
There's no way to win with Djuna. When I talk about myself, she calls me self-centered. When I try to give other people advice, she calls me clueless.
Maybe it's because you ARE self-centered and clueless.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:39 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,452,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
My post remains the same. Being unreceptive to advice and being so sure you are right is *not* less fortunate.
But if someone was more fortunate when it comes to dating, they wouldn't need advice. They would do the right thing anyway.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmike View Post
Maybe it's because you ARE self-centered and clueless.
You're just confirming that there's no way to win with Djuna. First, she complained that my posts are all about me. Then I make a post NOT about me, and she finds a way to make that negative.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
There's no way to win with Djuna. When I talk about myself, she calls me self-centered. When I try to give other people advice, she calls me clueless.
Maybe she likes you and you seem hard to get.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
Maybe she likes you and you seem hard to get.
She's WAY too old for me. And I would NEVER want her. Even if she was my age, she's definitely not my type.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:47 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,726,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
Is it better to ignore chicks if we are not getting any "traction"? I usually only do that when I develop a bad attitude.

I have been trying to practice some of the habits described in a book by Dale Carnegie regarding how to win friends and influence people; it claims we should try to approach people positively instead of avoiding them. I am working on that and discovered it helps to have a positive attitude.

Yeah, if you aren't getting traction, the that means the girl is presenting an uphill battle because she isn't that into you and is using your attention to fill a void.

I still think some basic rules or etiquette helps. That's just common sense stuff that is used to grease the wheels socially.

Old 01-14-2011, 09:26 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,337,159 times
Quote:
She's WAY too old for me. And I would NEVER want her. Even if she was my age, she's definitely not my type.
Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:37 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,821,949 times
Quote:
Are you VAW? Some of your posts kind of sound the same....poor old TV started a thread about a text, and somehow you have managed to turn it around to experiences all about you...Bad manners, indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.