Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 01:09 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzio1 View Post
What makes you say that? Still seems like it could go either way to me.
No normal woman is going to invite you out after you told her you liked her...unless she is feeling the same way. That, and the fact that's she been all over you at the club means you got this in the bag barring an epic fail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 06:48 PM

108 posts, read 181,884 times
Well, so much for that. She said no and that she didn't feel the same way. She said she still wanted to be friends and that she hoped it wouldn't be awkward between us. She said some other things too, and then we talked a little bit about our classes. That failed miserably. Still can't get anything to work. Everybody just sees me as a friend. Sigh. Even when it seems like a solid chance, it doesn't work.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:49 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,310,461 times
Quote:
Well, so much for that. She said no and that she didn't feel the same way. She said she still wanted to be friends and that she hoped it wouldn't be awkward between us. She said some other things too, and then we talked a little bit about our classes. That failed miserably. Still can't get anything to work. Everybody just sees me as a friend. Sigh. Even when it seems like a solid chance, it doesn't work.
That's because you lost your window of opportunity. Women (esp younger ones, hah) get jilted pretty easily and nobody likes to be the backup plan. In this case it probably seemed like you were using her this way, though you deny it. I would pretty much react the same way. If you didn't like me enough to try me first, instead of trying somebody else just because they looked more "promising", then I'm definitely... DEFINITELY not going to give you a second chance.

Sorry if this sounds harsh. That is the risk people run when they try to optimize their chances instead of focusing. You might be able to get her interest back though, if you are really sincere about it and show your dedication. However, it seems like for most people the easy thing is to move on to newer playgrounds. She probably likes you okay as a friend. But she still holds a grudge.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:55 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,246 times
ah life is so much better being the rejecter than the rejectee

but such is life. move on.

Old 01-13-2011, 10:23 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,724,132 times
Quote:
You know that dealing with women is a game of values. You have to create a perception of higher value, or at least equal value to her. Unfortunately jealousy is at the heart of female attraction. Never forget that there are millions of women in the world, thus there is no reason to ever put one on a pedestal, and if you do so, your setting yourself up for failure.

This is what you should do. Throughout your daily life talk to many different women in simple casual conversation without necessarily seeking anything from them. Even talk to ones that your not really attracted to. Eventually you will find one that really likes you and is on you like flies on $hit, and even then keep a dialogue with as many different females as you can. Next time you hang out with the one that turned you down, bring a female companion with you that is at least near the rejectors level in looks. Have a good time with yourself and the girl you brought out and everyone around, and at the same time show the girl who rejected you very little attention, but still be friendly with her. Once she sees you having a good time with the other girl, and that you don't need her to enjoy yourself, her insecurities will eat at her badly and your percieved value will go up in her mind. Chances are if you execute it properly she will make a move toward you and her becoming better acquainted. When she does that, tell her your booked, but you'll call her when you get some free time. You will shake her confidence and percieved reality. Even after you guys start dating keep a bunch of female acquaintances. You failed initially because you came from a place of neediness. Don't feel bad, because this is where most guys go wrong.

The key is to create the perception of value, by coming from a place of abundance(of females). Do not treat her like she's the only girl on your radar, that is a needy thus low value mindset, and naturaly if your needy she'll reject you as if your low value.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
That's because you lost your window of opportunity. Women (esp younger ones, hah) get jilted pretty easily and nobody likes to be the backup plan.
I agree that this is probably what happened.

Enzio, my best advice would be to move on like nothing happened, keep being a cool friend to this girl and flirt with as many woman as you possibly can, especially in any situation where this girl can watch it happen. If there is any chance to rekindle that flame, this is the way to do it.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:38 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,246 times
i can't believe how many people are saying 'make her jealous'. sorry, dont think it's going to work. just move the heck on.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:01 AM

108 posts, read 181,884 times
^ Sydney, that's what I was thinking. If she's not interested, then I might as well find someone new. Don't want to spend even more time trying to get her. Would be best if I just moved on.

Old 01-14-2011, 12:45 PM

97 posts, read 161,286 times
Women always want a guy to be direct. Most women are attracted to alpha males and this doesn't mean you need to make her jealous. It is always the same reason a lot of guys fall into the friend zone, because they are betas and women are not going to be attracted to that.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney1987 View Post
i can't believe how many people are saying 'make her jealous'. sorry, dont think it's going to work. just move the heck on.
You'd be surprised how often that works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships