Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 07:54 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,233,393 times

Advertisements

yeah....it's got to be a complete mismatch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2008, 08:20 AM

18,084 posts, read 11,703,099 times
Do male cyber friends on internet count? I stay in touch with many men over
the internet as well as females.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:25 AM

28,846 posts, read 30,106,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2goldens View Post
Do male cyber friends on internet count? I stay in touch with many men over
the internet as well as females.

gasping....gasping again....
gasped so much started swallowing my own spit and started to choke....

so YOUR the one's been writing my boyfriend???????

You man eater you....hehehhehe, just having fun....

Old 01-08-2008, 11:03 AM

320 posts, read 953,311 times
i believe its possible

Old 01-08-2008, 11:54 AM

17,917 posts, read 27,313,455 times
I hope this topic isn't too much off from this thread. The thread title reminded me of this;

My older brother is a sad pup these days. His girlfriend of over a year (an incredibly long time for this free-spirited guy, let me tell you!) left him for another woman! Not that there's a problem with that! But how would you like to be the jilted of this situation?

Now the gal apologizes and claim she just wants to be friends. This is - he is choosing to let this further rip what's left of his heart in half. I just feel sorry for him though. This pretty much happened right during the Silly Season (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years).

I don't know a tactful way to tell this chick to just disappear and leave my brother the hell alone.

There's two sides to every story involving a relationship. I know this. I know my bro is far from perfect and is a hard guy to be around for long. But he has always made life-long friends. Some of his friends past and present would do anything for him. For example, he's living in her friend's guest house until they sell their mutual "pad". They tell my brother that this is what she does; she uses people.

My bro says she drinks way too much. This, coming from him, is a lot. I know my bro, and he can't handle his drinking any better than I can. Tomorrow, I'll have been sober 4 years! For me, that's a good thing. For those of you who can handle and/or enjoy your drinking, my hat is off to you! Nothing against the stuff. [When I drink, I black out, I try to screw everything in my path of opposite gender and kill everything in my path of the same gender. Then I wake up remorseful and confused. That's why sobriety has been a priority of mine for the last 23 years.] I don't know if my bro is as bad as me, perhaps he's a more functioning drunk than I am. He lies a lot about his intake too. I notice that a lot in potential hard drinkers or alkys.

Oh, I'm sorry for the rant. The way I figure it is that he met her at a bar, they have a disfunctional relationship and it finally ended before they killed each other. The thing that upsets me is that she'd try to go back to "just being friends." How would you feel if you were in his shoes?

Thanks for your patience if you got this far,
McGowdog.

Last edited by McGowdog; 01-08-2008 at 11:59 AM.. Reason: clarification

Old 01-08-2008, 11:59 AM

320 posts, read 953,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I hope this topic isn't too much off from this thread. The thread title reminded me of this;

My older brother is a sad pup these days. His girlfriend of over a year (an incredibly long time for this free-spirited guy, let me tell you!) left him for another woman! Not that there's a problem with that! But how would you like to be the jilted of this situation?

Now the gal apologizes and claim she just wants to be friends. This is - he is choosing to let this further rip what's left of his heart in half. I just feel sorry for him though. This pretty much happened right during the Silly Season (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years).

I don't know a tactful way to tell this chick to just disappear and leave my brother the hell alone.

There's two sides to every story involving a relationship. I know this. I know my bro is far from perfect and is a hard guy to be around for long. But he has always made life-long friends. Some of his friends past and present would do anything for him. For example, he's living in her friend's guest house until they sell their mutual "pad". They tell my brother that this is what she does; she uses people.

My bro says she drinks way too much. This, coming from him, is a lot. I know my bro, and he can't hide his drinking any better than I can. Tomorrow, I'll have been sober 4 years! For me, that's a good thing. For those of you who can handle and/or enjoy your drinking, my hat is off to you! Nothing against the stuff. [When I drink, I black out, I try to screw everything in my path of opposite gender and kill everything in my path of the same gender. Then I wake up remorseful and confused. That's why sobriety has been a priority of mine for the last 23 years.] I don't know if my bro is as bad as me, perhaps he's a more functioning drunk than I am. He lies a lot about his intake too. I notice that a lot in potential hard drinkers or alkys.

Oh, I'm sorry for the rant. The way I figure it is that he met her at a bar, they have a disfunctional relationship and it finally ended before they killed each other. The thing that upsets me is that she'd try to go back to "just being friends." How would you feel if you were in his shoes?

Thanks for your patience if you got this far,
McGowdog.

i dont think he can just be friends that quicly after the break up.....he should tell her that he needs some time and then when he gets over her....be friends if he wants to be friends with her again...but as for now while he is hurting like this....i say not to .....he will never get over her and she is being very very selfish right now.
very sad story

Old 01-08-2008, 12:06 PM

672 posts, read 5,813,513 times
I'm a married gal and I don't think it's right to have friends of the opposite sex when you're married. First of all, what do you do with them? Dinner and a movie? Going out to a bar? I cannot imagine how that would work.

Plus, to me, friendships are based on shared meaningful conversations about thoughts, feelings and emotions. I can't imagine how I could ever have a friendship with a guy because I couldn't have a friendship without meaningful conversations. And I think once you're married/in a serious relationship, you should only have those kinds of conversations with your spouse and/or your same sex friends.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:11 PM

2,355 posts, read 2,177,859 times
I agree with you doglover. I too am a married female but I prefer to have male friends who are part of a couple. It's easier this way.

I do believe men and women can be friends but once attraction hits on either side, neutrality seems to run out the door.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:29 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,857,047 times
It is Possible to Be "Just Friends" with the Opposite Sex????

From a male's point of view - A) No, if the woman is attractive; B) YES, if the woman is unattractive.

From a woman's point of view - Yes. Absolutely.

If a man finds a woman attractive he will always hope for, want, and will never turn down an offer (if you know what I mean) of being more than "just friends". Oh, he will probably not want a relationship with the woman, but if he finds her attractive, he will want "other". I think this is part of the reason why men instantly think "possible psycho" or "Its Time To Run Away" when women say they have "...mostly guy friends". This is a huge turn off and warning sign to guys when women say this.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:16 PM

18,084 posts, read 11,703,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
gasping....gasping again....
gasped so much started swallowing my own spit and started to choke....

so YOUR the one's been writing my boyfriend???????

You man eater you....hehehhehe, just having fun....

Creme,
Does your boyfriend have a Myspace account? LOL!
(just teasing)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships