Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is being an Indian guy really that big of a limitation?
Yes, point blank period girls will see you are Indian and that will limit you off the bat. 16 42.11%
Yes, a lot of women are racist and if you are Indian guy you are really down there on their list. 4 10.53%
No, when people say stuff like that they are excluding Americanized Indians. 6 15.79%
No, it is a bunch of racists with nothing better to do just expressing their bitterness. 12 31.58%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 07:39 PM

2,534 posts, read 2,255,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgamibi View Post
I am only 19 right now and no family does not care that much. Ya know, I just may need some rest, thanks for your help and actually trying to help me but I think you should message me because, I am losing it right now for a reason.
My only concern is that your interest (preference) is actually an obsession. I hope this is not the case because you may need professional help if this is so.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:44 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Considering this is the first thread I've seen from jgamibi, I'll take a crack at it.

I would agree that Indians are the new black men of the dating world. But you can't let that limit you or stop you. Quality women won't care about your race. They will care about you.

Do everything you can to stay positive and not turn bitter. I think moving to a place like Miami would be a great idea, honestly.

Good luck!

Old 01-11-2011, 07:46 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
No sweetie, its pretty normal to ignore any man who goes "whaaaaaaaaa", over what they perceive to be an external issue, when their problem is actually internal.
Meh. It's not that far-fetched to believe there are a number of people who won't date outside their race.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:49 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,986,961 times
Quote:
Anyways I want your opinion because right now I am single and this is really bothering me.
You'll survive.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:51 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,986,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Considering this is the first thread I've seen from jgamibi, I'll take a crack at it.

I would agree that Indians are the new black men of the dating world. But you can't let that limit you or stop you. Quality women won't care about your race. They will care about you.

Do everything you can to stay positive and not turn bitter. I think moving to a place like Miami would be a great idea, honestly.

Good luck!
What dating world are you talking about ? That's untrue.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:53 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,993,685 times
Quote:
Meh. It's not that far-fetched to believe there are a number of people who won't date outside their race.
You just said this is the first thread you have read by the OP.
This is a single note magnum opus he performs.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:03 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:

Good luck!
What the hell does that mean?

Old 01-11-2011, 08:15 PM

3,511 posts, read 5,306,098 times
Quote:
If any of you have seen the "Yellow Fever" vid on youtube it was about how Asian girls always go for White guys and are seen with White guys but it is never the reverse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOyRWuklsiQ

^that is the vid

Well towards the end of the video the Asian guy is sitting down and talking to the Indian guy who tells him that he should be happy. He says that at least he is not Indian because Indians have it the toughest. I was so upset after hearing that, I stared at the screen for 5 straight seconds, walked off my computer and just started doing other stuff like playing videogames and took a jog outside (earlier than usual).

If that was the only source dissing us Indian guys I would be like "okay whatever". But it is source after source sometimes. Like I read this one OKCupid chart where it said Indian men do the worst with ladies, Black men do better than them, Asian men do better than Black men, and then it mentioned White men being at the top and everything.

I was still like "okay whatever". Then I start posting on this other board, no one knew I was Indian on there because I kept it secret. 4 months later (this was 1 year ago), the regs find out I am Indian and they start saying things about how Indian men are educated but struggle a lot with the ladies, because convos went on about how Asian men do way better with the ladies than Indian men.

Thing is I am moving from the town I live in. I have dated a White girl and a Puerto Rican girl. I loved the Latina I was dating, dream location for me would be Miami since, well, I love Latinas. Yet whenever the talk comes up on the internet about Indian men and dating, it is always Indian guys getting bashed for being beta males and doing bad with the ladies.

In my town me being Indian has not limited me because you tell someone you are Indian they ask you what tribe you are from.

I mean it seems that no one made a big deal out of it but people living in these bigger cities seem to stereotype us Indians as being undesirable creatures or something. Anyways I want your opinion because right now I am single and this is really bothering me.
Negative, in fact some are some of Axle's favorite actors. You worry too much. Be proud of it instead of hiding. Some are quite rich and successful off screen as well! Sonny Landham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPmCB9WA9iM

Old 01-11-2011, 08:15 PM

6,422 posts, read 7,665,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
You just said this is the first thread you have read by the OP.
This is a single note magnum opus he performs.
I agree, and we should stop feeding this post by responding.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:17 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,804,334 times
Half my background is on Indian Descent and I never really had trouble dating of any ethnicity. Yes, you will get some racists along the road.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships