Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 01:58 AM

98 posts, read 189,104 times

Advertisements

I have been talking to this guy for almost a month. The more I talked to him, the less interested in him I became. He was sort of coming on strong and even a little full of himself. About 2 weeks ago, I told him that I didn't want to talk to him anymore. He then asked if we could still be friends. I'm too nice so I said sure.

I ended up being off work this past Friday unexpectedly and had no plans. This guy texts me and we end up hanging out. He lives over an hour away and we got a big snow storm that night so, again, too nice, I invited him to stay the night. I still wasn't very much into him but I did that dreaded "on the first date" sorta thing. Why???? I don't effin know!!! Ugh, I hate me sometimes!!!

The next day, he left and about 2 hours later, being nice, I texted him to make sure he made it home ok. We had a 2 second conversation ending in me saying "lol". At that point, I was done with him. I wasn't going to see him or talk to him again. He is looking to settle down, as am I, so I didn't think it fair to continue on something that I didn't feel was there. It was all a big mistake.

So I left him alone. Surprisingly, he left me alone too.... Which leads me to this..

I can't stop thinking about him now. As into me as he was, I figured I'd have a hard time getting rid of him. But nothing! No texting or calling. Nothing!!

With each hour that went by with no contact, I thought about him more and more. When I really stop and think about it, I am really not that interested in the guy. But just randomly, he'll pop into my head in a good way.

He finally did text me today and asked me if I missed him. I ended up telling him I did but only after he told me he missed me. I feel like I'm playing a game and I hate games. I don't want to lead the guy on, like I said, I don't really like him, so why can't I stop thinking about him?

Last edited by mandyccp; 01-12-2011 at 02:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 02:50 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Because either:

1) You have nothing else in your life to divert your attention from him; or

2) There's something attractive about him that you like and you are in denial.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:29 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Was he hung like a horse? That might be hard to forget!

Old 01-12-2011, 05:42 AM

83 posts, read 325,005 times
It's the same old story as always:

If he's not that into you (calling, texting) you want him...
If he's into you (calling, texting, trying to get together) you want nothing to do with him...lol

Old 01-12-2011, 06:37 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,297,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthShoreMA View Post
It's the same old story as always:

If he's not that into you (calling, texting) you want him...
If he's into you (calling, texting, trying to get together) you want nothing to do with him...lol

And that, whether you like it or not, is a game!

Old 01-12-2011, 06:55 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,195,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyccp View Post
I have been talking to this guy for almost a month. The more I talked to him, the less interested in him I became. He was sort of coming on strong and even a little full of himself. About 2 weeks ago, I told him that I didn't want to talk to him anymore. He then asked if we could still be friends. I'm too nice so I said sure.

I ended up being off work this past Friday unexpectedly and had no plans. This guy texts me and we end up hanging out. He lives over an hour away and we got a big snow storm that night so, again, too nice, I invited him to stay the night. I still wasn't very much into him but I did that dreaded "on the first date" sorta thing. Why???? I don't effin know!!! Ugh, I hate me sometimes!!!

The next day, he left and about 2 hours later, being nice, I texted him to make sure he made it home ok. We had a 2 second conversation ending in me saying "lol". At that point, I was done with him. I wasn't going to see him or talk to him again. He is looking to settle down, as am I, so I didn't think it fair to continue on something that I didn't feel was there. It was all a big mistake.

So I left him alone. Surprisingly, he left me alone too.... Which leads me to this..

I can't stop thinking about him now. As into me as he was, I figured I'd have a hard time getting rid of him. But nothing! No texting or calling. Nothing!!

With each hour that went by with no contact, I thought about him more and more. When I really stop and think about it, I am really not that interested in the guy. But just randomly, he'll pop into my head in a good way.

He finally did text me today and asked me if I missed him. I ended up telling him I did but only after he told me he missed me. I feel like I'm playing a game and I hate games. I don't want to lead the guy on, like I said, I don't really like him, so why can't I stop thinking about him?
"dreaded on the 1st date sorta thing" is that plain old sex, a BJ, or something else? just curious

Old 01-12-2011, 08:12 AM

138 posts, read 219,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrplr1 View Post
"dreaded on the 1st date sorta thing" is that plain old sex, a BJ, or something else? just curious
Sounds to me like she made him into her boy toy for a night. And she liked it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-12-2011, 08:24 AM

896 posts, read 1,476,007 times
Cuz he boinked you. It is a female thing. You cannot boink and forget.

You can try to be like a guy, you can pretend you are a guy, and you can climb to the mountaintops and scream "I WANT TO FORGET HIM". But you cannot. Boink works that way for girls.

Opposite for dudes. He cannot remember your name.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:29 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
O ye adulterers LMAO

Old 01-12-2011, 08:49 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
Cuz he boinked you. It is a female thing. You cannot boink and forget.

You can try to be like a guy, you can pretend you are a guy, and you can climb to the mountaintops and scream "I WANT TO FORGET HIM". But you cannot. Boink works that way for girls.

Opposite for dudes. He cannot remember your name.
It's very frustrating at times, but it's also very true. There will always be women who claim to be the exception to the rule, but those women are typically emotionally damaged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships