U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 08:17 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,110,103 times

Advertisements

I used to be a Sagittarius (was born on December 4th), now I'm considered an Ophiuchus. I've tried to research the Ophiuchus characteristics, but haven't found very much. The only thing I've found about my new sign was that Ophiuchus tend to leave home early and have large families. Which does sound like me, since I would like to maybe leave home soon and I would like to have a large family (I want 4 kids). But of all the signs I've read about, I would say I relate most with the Scorpios.

How about you?

Last edited by 90sman; 01-13-2011 at 08:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 08:20 PM

4,445 posts, read 4,283,290 times
I didn't know the sag sign changed.

I'm a gemini...and I know I'm gonna get called psycho/crazy simply for that fact...so all you women haters, shut it! :-p

Old 01-13-2011, 08:27 PM

98 posts, read 96,787 times
The signs have only change for people born after November 2009. That's when the first notice was made of the Earth and stars not being aligned correctly.

How can you go from being a Gemini all of your life to a Taurus. They have completely different characteristics. Your sign is based on the signs when you're born. Not X amount of years later.

I was born June 20th, making me a Gemini but now, from November 2009 on, anyone born up to June 21st is Taurus. Just crazy IMO.

Hope this helps! =)

Old 01-13-2011, 08:50 PM

3,164 posts, read 3,512,616 times
The sign I was born under was:
Maternity ward

Jonathan

Old 01-13-2011, 09:14 PM

9,107 posts, read 6,782,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyccp View Post
The signs have only change for people born after November 2009. That's when the first notice was made of the Earth and stars not being aligned correctly.

How can you go from being a Gemini all of your life to a Taurus. They have completely different characteristics. Your sign is based on the signs when you're born. Not X amount of years later.

I was born June 20th, making me a Gemini but now, from November 2009 on, anyone born up to June 21st is Taurus. Just crazy IMO.

Hope this helps! =)
Sweet! Thanks for the clarification, there's alotta hype about this on FB right now! lol

Old 01-13-2011, 09:19 PM

3,458 posts, read 3,730,029 times
Whoaaa!!! THis is totally interesting! I am now the new sign.... that I can never pronounce. So when people say, "hey baby what's your sign" I will have to say, me no speek engrsh!
So far the description has been fairly accurate... I used to be a Sag.

What is funny is that some of the Scorpios who prided themselves on their cunning, manipulative ways will have to rebrand themselves, lol!

http://gossiponthis.com/2011/01/13/n...us-discovered/

According to the Minnesota Planetarium Society, here is where the real signs of the Zodiac should fall. Get ready for your world to change forever.
Capricorn: Jan. 20-Feb. 16.
Aquarius: Feb. 16-March 11.
Pisces: March 11-April 18.
Aries: April 18-May 13.
Taurus: May 13-June 21.
Gemini: June 21-July 20.
Cancer: July 20-Aug. 10.
Leo: Aug. 10-Sept. 16.
Virgo: Sept. 16-Oct. 30.
Libra: Oct. 30-Nov. 23.
Scorpio: Nov. 23-29.
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29-Dec. 17.
Sagittarius: Dec. 17-Jan. 20.

The constellation Ophiuchus represents a man wrestling a serpent, dividing the snake's body in two parts. It is the only sign of the zodiac linked to real men, sharing traits with Imhotep, a 27th century BCE Egyptian doctor, and biblical Joseph.
Like Imhotep, Ophiuchus is considered a healer of men and a doctor of medicine or science. He seeks higher education and enlightenment. He is expected to achieve a high position in li

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/13/...#ixzz1AyaToBCa

Old 01-13-2011, 09:19 PM

4,445 posts, read 4,283,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Sweet! Thanks for the clarification, there's alotta hype about this on FB right now! lol
I noticed that on FB after I made my post about my sign...weird..

Old 01-13-2011, 09:24 PM

9,107 posts, read 6,782,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
I noticed that on FB after I made my post about my sign...weird..

yeah I was too lazy to actually read the articles lol.

Buuuut what I did find out is this:

"As for Ophiuchus. This is an old hoax....The origin of the hoax is a sci-fi author named John Sladek — a satire writer who died in 2000. Sladek liked to prank astrology, and he has a whole novel about a fictitious 13th sign based on Ophiuchus he called Arachne that was “suppressed by the scientific community.” The Ophiuchus hoax first made its rounds in the late 1990s and pops up again like those emails from the guy in Nigeria who wants you to send him your bank account number so he can transfer $15 million your way"
http://planetwaves.net/pagetwo/2011/...-is-not-wrong/

Old 01-13-2011, 09:30 PM

2,146 posts, read 1,931,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
I used to be a Sagittarius (was born on December 4th), now I'm considered an Ophiuchus. I've tried to research the Ophiuchus characteristics, but haven't found very much. The only thing I've found about my new sign was that Ophiuchus tend to leave home early and have large families. Which does sound like me, since I would like to maybe leave home soon and I would like to have a large family (I want 4 kids). But of all the signs I've read about, I would say I relate most with the Scorpios.

How about you?
Hey 90s man, here's a link with a little bit more info on Ophiuchus:

Ophiuchus: What All Sagittarians and Capricorns Need to Know About Their New Zodiac - TIME NewsFeed

Astronomers have been saying this for a long time. I remember in my college astronomy class at Purdue the professor talked about how the Zodiac as we knew it was all messed up, largely to discredit the field of astrology. This was back in 2005. I brushed it aside, largely because I didn't want to accept the fact that it meant I was a Taurus and not a Gemini. Lol.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:32 PM

3,458 posts, read 3,730,029 times
I'm liking this a lot!! The symbol for the Ophiuchus is similar to one of my favorite bands of all time.

File:Asclepius staff.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I mocked and spit on astrology before, but now I'm getting into the groove. Ohhhh yeaaa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships