Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 06:16 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
i dont get how it could be bad with someone you're truly in love with...
Quote:
bwuahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 11:43 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,866,968 times
I would not wait but would not date someone that waiting was important to. I'm not against premarital sex and never dated someone that was. I don't see the point in waiting. If someone is that conservative, my worry would be that there would be other life events that we would not see eye to eye on. Opposites may attract but when spending your life with someone, it's a lot easier to be agreement on the major issues.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:02 AM

1,863 posts, read 4,299,418 times
HELL NO!

If I'm signing up for the lifetime commitment, I have to know how we are in bed together. Intimacy is very important to me. I'll be wondering what he is hiding that makes him want to wait.

Imagine marrying someone to find out they are a minute man or impotent. Or that his nickname in high school was 'Oscar Mayer Weiner'. If that is your issue, put it out on the table lets see if we can work with that, don't hide it!

I won't cross you off the list-

As long as you are generous with your American Express black or titanium card! That'll take the sting (or lack thereof) out of the bedroom 'shortcomings'.

;-)

Old 01-09-2009, 08:25 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,873,116 times
Maybe I'm just a romantic, but I like to believe that if you really loved someone, you'd be willing to do just about anything for them (within reason). I don't see why waiting for sex would be a deal breaker, and if it is, you didn't love that person to begin with.

And yes, I've decided to wait. I've always been anti establishment like that. I'm different. I'll wait because I believe it's the right thing to do. We are better than the beasts. We can control our urges.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:16 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,688,020 times
We told our kids it was like buying a couch in a showroom...how many people have sat on that thing...do you really want the floor model?
Having sex before the time is right creates a false sense of 'intimacy' in either or both sexes...that's why a lot of time the man or woman freaks out.
So for whatever reasons it's ok or not ok...it creates chaos in your brain...

Now I'd like to say that all 3 of our kids have adhered to this...but 2 out of 3 isn't bad.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:47 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy_nose View Post
Hmm I would wait for the right guy and right chemisty not necessarily to wait for marriage. Virginity is still very important here in our country but I cannot judge someone who did it with their bf/gf or who even did their first time with a stranger haha , its their business after all.

As for me, I would rather wait for the right guy, the one I have a relationship with, someone that I have a connection and not just have sex with some random dude.

i spent some time in Subic Bay............................................. ....

Old 01-10-2009, 12:44 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,924 times
If you decide to wait, then you need to have a frank discussion on expectations and desires BEFORE you marry. Just because you wait until you are married doesn't mean that the subject is taboo & everything remains a mystery. If you find sex uncomfortable to talk about, then that's an indication that after you are married you won't be able to communicate your needs then either. I think finding out the person can talk openly about your sexual relationship is more important than taking a "test drive". Issues can arise later in marriage that the "test drive" won't reveal, but that good communication, unselfishness, mutual respect, etc can certainly solve them.

You should know someone well enough before marrying that it should only be little quirks that come as surprises after the marriage, not huge & shocking revelations (no double entendre there...).
If you have formed a solid foundation for the marriage, should any issues arise in the bedroom, then your marriage can handle them. Good sex won't save a bad marriage, but a marriage good in other ways can overcome sex issues.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:46 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCNative View Post
I will wait....

4 dates.
4 dates and she's required to put out? Wow.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:57 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,122,758 times
LOL Just how many cliched phrases are there when it comes to this???

I personally would not wait or even date someone that did. I respect other's moral compass, but it's just not for me. I want to know that I am sexually compatible with him before we legally tie ourselves together.

Old 01-10-2009, 03:45 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
LOL Just how many cliched phrases are there when it comes to this???

I personally would not wait or even date someone that did. I respect other's moral compass, but it's just not for me. I want to know that I am sexually compatible with him before we legally tie ourselves together.
I read about a study, a while back, where they found that people who waited until they were married were happier with their sex lives. IMO, having experience isn't a good thing when you decide to tie yourself to one person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships