Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 02:56 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times

Advertisements

She has had a lot of partners before this but she also moved to a new area recently. I think she likes the variety of men,men whom she doesn't come into contact with on a regular basis,like younger guys.

She basically is anti social,reserved and shy. She is beautiful.
What I don't understand is this:men say they don't like overweight women but she gets a ton of emails. I don't understand. (Well she does have an hourglass figure)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 03:17 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,060 times
If she is pro and successful she's got enough brains to know the risks. I think it is a bad idea but obviously she likes it enough to risk life and job so there is no real "appropriateness" criteria for her. And once men have it in their head they are gonna get sex tonight i doubt a couple of extra pounds would deter them.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:40 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I have a friend,a former schoolmate who goes online looking for that only. She is a professional woman who has a great career and her own,very independent,not looking for money. I think its dangerous for her and told her so. She is not looking for a relationship and clearly states what she wants in her posts. Is there any way I could change her mind as I'm concerned for her? Can she get fired from her job for posing in semi nude photos and the graphic language she has in her profile?

I do see on this site a lot of men looking for the same thing.Mainly married men though,but when I read her profile she has no boundaries on who she wants to bed her.
First of all, I don't understand why you asked whether it's appropriate. If a woman is looking for no strings sex, it's up to her to decide whether it's appropriate, not you or anyone else. Second, the issue here isn't that she's going online for sex. It's that she's looking for no-strings sex period. Before the internet, people would just go to the bar and pick up some stranger. But the risks were essentially the same. The person could be married, have an STD, or be a serial killer.

If there's one risk that going online adds, it's that you could be found out. When you go to a bar, it's not like you have a sign on your head that says "I'm looking for sex." If someone she knows sees her there, she can just say she was hanging out. But obviously if someone sees you on a sex site, there's no way to explain that away.

If sex is all she's after and if she's aware of the risks, then let her do whatever she wants. At least she's being upfront about it, which is better than the people who pretend to want a relationship only to ditch you after they've had sex with you. Plus, by going online she has more choices and knows more about what she might be getting. Compare that to if she met some guy in a bar, had too many drinks, and decided to go home with him because she was drunk. Then she wakes up the next day, looks at him, and says to herself, "I can't believe I just slept with that. He looked so much better when I was drunk."

One other thing to consider is that by going online, she may be more likely to actually change her mind about meeting someone. Suppose she talks to a bunch of guys online, narrows it down to one, and then sets up a meeting. She still has time to back out. Or maybe she meets the guy and says "I can't go through with this." That's different than the scenario I just described above where a few too many drinks led her to go home with someone. Sometimes people have to try something really dangerous before it finally registers that what they're doing is a mistake.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:43 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Quote:
She has had a lot of partners before this but she also moved to a new area recently. I think she likes the variety of men,men whom she doesn't come into contact with on a regular basis,like younger guys.

She basically is anti social,reserved and shy. She is beautiful.
What I don't understand is this:men say they don't like overweight women but she gets a ton of emails. I don't understand. (Well she does have an hourglass figure)
Because she is offering no-strings attached sex. Men will shag a pumpkin if nobody is looking. They have no problems at all with lowering their standards for sex, and most likely, that is what is happening with your friends. I can get a banging-hot 10 to have sex with me in 20 minutes... doesn't mean he'd ever date me or that I am his preference.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:47 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
I have a friend,a former schoolmate who goes online looking for that only. She is a professional woman who has a great career and her own,very independent,not looking for money. I think its dangerous for her and told her so. She is not looking for a relationship and clearly states what she wants in her posts. Is there any way I could change her mind as I'm concerned for her? Can she get fired from her job for posing in semi nude photos and the graphic language she has in her profile?

I do see on this site a lot of men looking for the same thing.Mainly married men though,but when I read her profile she has no boundaries on who she wants to bed her.
Yes it's dangerous.

If she's looking for indiscriminate sex (which it sounds like she does because you say she has no boundaries on who she wants to bed her), there may be a problem.

And depending on the kind of job she has she could get fired for it.

Last edited by LuckyGem; 01-16-2011 at 10:00 AM..

Old 01-16-2011, 09:47 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
First of all, I don't understand why you asked whether it's appropriate. If a woman is looking for no strings sex, it's up to her to decide whether it's appropriate, not you or anyone else. Second, the issue here isn't that she's going online for sex. It's that she's looking for no-strings sex period. Before the internet, people would just go to the bar and pick up some stranger. But the risks were essentially the same. The person could be married, have an STD, or be a serial killer.

If there's one risk that going online adds, it's that you could be found out. When you go to a bar, it's not like you have a sign on your head that says "I'm looking for sex." If someone she knows sees her there, she can just say she was hanging out. But obviously if someone sees you on a sex site, there's no way to explain that away.

If sex is all she's after and if she's aware of the risks, then let her do whatever she wants. At least she's being upfront about it, which is better than the people who pretend to want a relationship only to ditch you after they've had sex with you. Plus, by going online she has more choices and knows more about what she might be getting. Compare that to if she met some guy in a bar, had too many drinks, and decided to go home with him because she was drunk. Then she wakes up the next day, looks at him, and says to herself, "I can't believe I just slept with that. He looked so much better when I was drunk."

One other thing to consider is that by going online, she may be more likely to actually change her mind about meeting someone. Suppose she talks to a bunch of guys online, narrows it down to one, and then sets up a meeting. She still has time to back out. Or maybe she meets the guy and says "I can't go through with this." That's different than the scenario I just described above where a few too many drinks led her to go home with someone. Sometimes people have to try something really dangerous before it finally registers that what they're doing is a mistake.
Like I said, the only way that would happen is if the other person was also on a sex site.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:48 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Some time ago I'd come across a juicy story on the subject:

Sleeping Around Craigslist | Sex & Relationships | AlterNet

I personally have enough on my plate to worry about what other people do, as long as it doesn't concern or endanger me in any way.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:53 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
Nothing wrong with looking for a buddy, but it can be very dangerous online for women who present themselves "appropriately", never mind how she is doing it. Not very wise.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:03 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,106 times
The red flag is that it's dangerous. People here can wring their hands saying, "double standard, men do it!" but there is a fundamental and huge difference. A man seeking sex on the Internet is generally not putting himself in a dangerous situation when going out with a strange woman. Women are MUCH more easily prayed upon, killed and dsiappear from these hook ups.

We can judge the morality of it all we want, but it's really the woman's business and no one elses. If she wants to engage in monstrously risky behavior, that's on her.

Old 01-16-2011, 10:08 AM

12,962 posts, read 13,676,205 times
If she is intelligent enough observe the basic rules of having sex with strangers, let her do her own thing. That's what those sites are for. The woman who I knew who did that wanted all the control over the; who, what, when, and where of sex. I think its unrealistic to expect that kind of control in a normal sex life. Normally we get to chose the who and we negotiate the what ,when, and where. She is giving men two choices , take it or leave it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships