Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2011, 09:43 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
When I was in 5th grade, there was a classmate who complained that I talked about my girlfriend too much.
Forget about 5th grade and move on.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:32 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,471,003 times
Quote:
If you're not a ladies man, but you mention your ex, does that make you appear to be more of a ladies man? Because people will know you at least had 1 girlfriend?

One time when I was around a girl I had a thing for, I mentioned my ex.
This question still hasn't been answered.

If you mention your ex, does that make you appear to be more of a ladies man?

It has been suggested on this forum that being seen with girls makes you more attractive to other girls. I wonder if the same logic applies for mentioning your ex.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:40 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,552,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
And the problem is...?
I agree, what is the problem? I get the feeling the OP is simply saying she does not agree with age differences for some reason and for the boy to be younger, take care.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
I agree, what is the problem? I get the feeling the OP is simply saying she does not agree with age differences for some reason and for the boy to be younger, take care.
The OP is a he. And girls mature faster than boys, so if the boy is still growing up, he shouldn't be in a relationship with older girls.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:52 AM

1,353 posts, read 2,430,473 times
Quote:
This question still hasn't been answered.

If you mention your ex, does that make you appear to be more of a ladies man?

It has been suggested on this forum that being seen with girls makes you more attractive to other girls. I wonder if the same logic applies for mentioning your ex.
You wear girls pants, obsess about a girl you talked with on the phone when you were in 5th grade, and you don't want to have sex. I don't think you have to worry about appearing to be a ladies man.

Are you real? Or are you an internet character created by a college guy who has a sense of humor and a lot of time on his hands and who is sitting in front of his computer, laughing as he makes all this stuff up?

Old 03-30-2011, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdna View Post
You wear girls pants, obsess about a girl you talked with on the phone when you were in 5th grade, and you don't want to have sex. I don't think you have to worry about appearing to be a ladies man.

Are you real? Or are you an internet character created by a college guy who has a sense of humor and a lot of time on his hands and who is sitting in front of his computer, laughing as he makes all this stuff up?
I'm real. And whether or not you think I need to worry about appearing to be a ladies man is not the point. The question is: if you mention your ex, does that make you appear to be more of a ladies man?

Old 03-30-2011, 09:56 AM

1,353 posts, read 2,430,473 times
Quote:
I'm real. And whether or not you think I need to worry about appearing to be a ladies man is not the point. The question is: if you mention your ex, does that make you appear to be more of a ladies man?
Some guys, maybe. You, not so much.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdna View Post
Some guys, maybe. You, not so much.
I'm not asking if it would make me appear to be a ladies man. I'm just asking if it would make me appear to be more of a ladies man than I would be otherwise.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:20 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,877,057 times
Quote:
Like I said, when I mentioned my ex to a girl I had a thing for, I never said the relationship happened in 5th grade.
What if she asks more about it? Which in turn leads to an uncomfortable conversation, leaving you looking foolish and downright weird.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensmooth View Post
The sooner you realize that your little pre-teen dailiance with this girl was nothing significant the better. The only reason you do this is because you probably have no real experience with an adult female in terms of relationships, so its a nice 'hey see, im normal' crutch to lean on. Most of us have had little gf/bfs when very young, but NONE of us see them as significant because we can actually COMPARE them with the real thing as adults, you most likely cannot, which is why you won't let it go.
She's the only girlfriend I ever had. But I have friendships with adult females.

And the point is when I mentioned my ex to a girl, the girl probably assumed the ex was from high school
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships