Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2011, 10:21 AM

3,494 posts, read 4,536,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
The OP is a he. And girls mature faster than boys, so if the boy is still growing up, he shouldn't be in a relationship with older girls.
Thanks for the OP gender clarification. A boy at 16 and a girl at 19 is not a problem from my standpoint. That is why I commented it is a matter of personal opinion. There are lots of cases like this one with no major consequences so the shoulden't comment reflects how you think relationships to be, got it. Take care.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:26 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,442,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Thanks for the OP gender clarification. A boy at 16 and a girl at 19 is not a problem from my standpoint. That is why I commented it is a matter of personal opinion. There are lots of cases like this one with no major consequences so the shoulden't comment reflects how you think relationships to be, got it. Take care.
I'm 19 and I have a hard time getting girls my age. When I was 16, I could never get a 19 year old. I just think something is off about a 16 year old boy dating a 19 year old girl.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:28 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,102,113 times
Quote:
Well, she didn't ask more about it. And I could always make something up and say the ex was from high school.
True, but then you'd be a liar and that would make you a bad boy. So you probably shouldn't say your ex was from high school.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:
I'm 19 and I have a hard time getting girls my age. When I was 16, I could never get a 19 year old. I just think something is off about a 16 year old boy dating a 19 year old girl.
There are always exceptions to the norm but that does not mean it is off in a negative way. Most of my girlfriends were older than me when I was in my teens. Why? I was told that I acted more mature for my age. My mother used to tell me the same. She wondered about girls older than me attracted to me. My mom used to tell me I acted older for my age. She actually like that part about me and was proud to tell others about it. She used to tell me I was such a gentleman with the girls that I should have live in another era. I am not bragging, just telling you that there are exceptions to what people may consider normal, take care.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:41 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,102,113 times
Quote:
I just wanted her to know I had an ex. Only she knows what she assumed.
So it matters not to you if she knows your ex was from the 5th grade?

Old 03-30-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
So it matters not to you if she knows your ex was from the 5th grade?
You said if I lied, that would make me a bad boy. Girls like bad boys, so that should make her interested in me.

And if she assumed the ex was from 5th grade, I wouldn't care. Because that's the truth.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
There are always exceptions to the norm but that does not mean it is off in a negative way. Most of my girlfriends were older than me when I was in my teens. Why? I was told that I acted more mature for my age. My mother used to tell me the same. She wondered about girls older than me attracted to me. My mom used to tell me I acted older for my age. She actually like that part about me and was proud to tell others about it. She used to tell me I was such a gentleman with the girls that I should have live in another era. I am not bragging, just telling you that there are exceptions to what people may consider normal, take care.
When I was 14, my mom told me I could never handle a 16 year old. And when I was 10, my mom thought my 12 year old girlfriend was too old for me (in retrospect, she was).

I guess those lessons just stuck with me so that's why I think something is off when the girl is significantly older.

And you say your girlfriends as a teen were older than you. But that could mean she's just days or months older than you. It could mean she's a year older. There's nothing wrong with that.

But 2 years or 3 years is a big age gap.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:50 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,865,032 times
Quote:
You said if I lied, that would make me a bad boy. Girls like bad boys, so that should make her interested in me.

And if she assumed the ex was from 5th grade, I wouldn't care. Because that's the truth.
for the love of god, she is not an ex, just because she bares the only semblance to a gf you ever had.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
When I was 14, my mom told me I could never handle a 16 year old. And when I was 10, my mom thought my 12 year old girlfriend was too old for me (in retrospect, she was).

I guess those lessons just stuck with me so that's why I think something is off when the girl is significantly older.

And you say your girlfriends as a teen were older than you. But that could mean she's just days or months older than you. It could mean she's a year older. There's nothing wrong with that.

But 2 years or 3 years is a big age gap.
No, they were even up to 6 years older. You were indoctrinated by your mom to some degree and that is what you seem to base your views on. You are a product of your environment. In my case my mom respected my choices in dating. There were no consequences for my actions. Maturity level does vary with individuals, men and women. With this in mind I remember I was 17 and dated a 23 year old. I did ask her how come she dated me and not someone her age range. Answer? Because I acted more mature than those her age. I respected her and was not only trying to get her in bed as guys her age.
I respected women in every sense. Sure, I had the sexual attraction towards them as any teenager but I showed maturity when I dated them or simply as I talked to them. I did not salivate over them, I did not use some overtly comments of sexual nature, I respected them for what they are, the most lovely and beautiful creation and treated as such with respect and dignity. Actually, many teen girls are worse than boys. They are just very subtle about it. But older women like maturity in men and I happened to have it at an early age thus we had more affinity. I did date some teens my age but to me they were boring because I liked to talk about things older women like to talk about.
I never whitled at them or made crude remarks to any woman on the street, at school, at work, etc.
Women do appreciate that and I simply had the gnack and maturity to know that at a very early age, take care.

Old 03-30-2011, 11:58 AM

1,353 posts, read 2,424,652 times
Quote:
I'm not asking if it would make me appear to be a ladies man. I'm just asking if it would make me appear to be more of a ladies man than I would be otherwise.
No. When you are not a ladies man at all to begin with, mentioning that you have an one ex (or even two) is not going to make anyone think you might be a player. Even if you don't go in to any of the creepy details, the notion of you having an ex-girlfriend will most likely just evoke surprise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships