Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 11:20 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future View Post
It seems that most women will try to bag a guy who converses a lot with others, male and female. Whether or not if anything of intelligent value comes out of his mouth much.
Most women or the women you have encountered? I don't want a ditz who talks just to hear himself talk. I do like a man who can hold an intelligent and respectful conversation and participate in discussion.

Quote:
This is related to a previous thread today that talked about feminizing men. Back in the day it didn't matter as much if men were good at socializing. Today, it is a deal breaker for most women.
I don't know what "back in the day" means for you. I'm in my early 40's and I have never really known socializing to be a feminine thing. And it did matter if they were good at socializing.

Quote:
I've seen really attractive men (no homo) who can't get a girlfriend b.c they are not socially dominant. They do however get one night stands for their looks sometimes. I've known some really out of shape, I mean really out of shape guys, get some pretty dang good lookin gals , b.c they were Socially dominant. I'm not talking about people who get married when they are thinner and then the guy ends up getting fat. I'm talking about two single people where the woman will choose the guy who can't take care of himself physically but knows how to start and keep a conversation going , over the guy who takes care of his body but doesn't know how to start up conversations with strangers or keep up with small talk as easily.
The really out of shape guys can also be attractive. And the really in-shape guys can become a zero just by opening their mouths. There are plenty of women who are not focused on the physical.

Quote:
Women will always tend to pick the guy who interrupts conversations and will demand that others listen while he speaks.
Always, really? I don't know many women who would choose that type of man.

I have known many overweight men who were incredibly sexy, not because they were socially "dominant", but because they were socially skilled. The "dominant" you describe is not even socially acceptable, IMO. But yes, some women will go for it.

Quote:
While the men who are more humble and courteous , will just let the others talk and not want to be rude to interrupt, and probably couldn't give a crap what the lame discussion is about, will have a hard time getting a lady.
If he couldn't give a crap what the "lame discussion" is about and is there just to take up space, he should probably take a hike. Don't do us any favors.

Quote:
Maybe it's b.c when a woman's main role in society was to be good mothers, the woman would take care of the socializing of the neighbors and family and friends and send out the invites for a get together. And the husband was just there when got off work to start mingling with the guests as well.
I just don't see the relevance here. Women are designed to be good mothers. Wife schedules a party on a work day? Hubby comes home from work and mingles when he gets there. Confusion of the point aside, he is socializing, isn't he?

Quote:
Where as now a days, women do a lot of socializing all the time, while they are at work. Before they were sadly alone at the home for most of the day or with the kids.
Sadly at home alone? Stay at home moms had other SAHMs to mingle with during the day. They had friends. They were not locked up away from the world with no access to sunlight and other humans, not all of them anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 11:47 PM

610 posts, read 1,295,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle grease View Post
^ See the doe in the background patiently waiting? Whoever wins...... I'm gonna get me some of that!!! LMAO
Women eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle grease View Post
Here is another PERFECT example. I guarantee you EVERY single one of these guys is an ALPHA. Why, you say? The whole time you are pushed to your absolute limit. More like above your limit. They are begging for you to step off and ring the bell. In fact, they encourage it. They only want the guys who want it more than anything and will do anything to get it. This weeds out all beta males. Men already knew that though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DeSyl1CGIQ
It doesn't take an alpha to be strong and hard working towards a goal.
For example in my old football team the best and strongest players were usually the "strong silent type", who focused tons of energy at getting great at football while some more mediocre players were always bringing attractive girls to watch games and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Social dominance is a turnoff for me, I'd be more attracted to the silent, more thoughtful one.
Most women who say this friday afternoon is either flirting, kissing or following an alpha home the same night lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
If alpha personality is what attacts girls romantically, then how exactly do you explain girls who are attracted to the more "beta" personality, specifically over alpha?

I know and freely acknowledge that female attraction to all things beta is much rarer than the usual and more typical female attraction to the alpha, but beta-based attraction is itself also not without any precedent whatsoever, if you take my meaning And what do you think about the ladies, who "love beta", vs. alpha?
If there were, I'd be on the next plane to wherever that is.

Thing is you're either an alpha, a beta trying to be an alpha or just a beta.
the further to the left you are classed in that sentance the more women you get.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:51 PM

295 posts, read 246,126 times
I thought social dominance meant that the guy had the most respect/prestige/admiration from the other guys in his social group. So, basically, a woman would only be attracted to the socially dominant guy if she was also a part of that social group.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:26 AM

570 posts, read 882,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalens View Post
I thought social dominance meant that the guy had the most respect/prestige/admiration from the other guys in his social group. So, basically, a woman would only be attracted to the socially dominant guy if she was also a part of that social group.
no. Social dominance is with other guys in his social group, but also with the grocery checker, with the coworkers, with the waitress, with ANYONE that they come in contact with. Someone who does more talking than listening. Someone who is not shy, someone who will start the conversations , change the tone, length, topic of the conversation.. etc.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:48 AM

570 posts, read 882,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future
Women will always tend to pick the guy who interrupts conversations and will demand that others listen while he speaks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post

Always, really? I don't know many women who would choose that type of man.

I'm not saying it's always that drastic. However, being the introvert that I am, I notice when people and myself are interrupted. It happens a lot more than an 'extrovert' would notice. Normally it might go unnoticed by extroverts b.c the person that was interrupted (by the Socially Dominant person) was polite about it , and didn't keep trying to talk even though they were interrupted.

It's very easy to notice if you are a listener, and not always thinking about "what am I going to say next!!".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships