Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 10:57 PM

570 posts, read 882,314 times

Advertisements

Is there anything that would attract a woman to a regular guy more than his social dominance? (I say regular guy, b.c we are taking the variables of money, status , out of this equation)

It seems that most women will try to bag a guy who converses a lot with others, male and female. Whether or not if anything of intelligent value comes out of his mouth much.

This is related to a previous thread today that talked about feminizing men. Back in the day it didn't matter as much if men were good at socializing. Today, it is a deal breaker for most women.

I've seen really attractive men (no homo) who can't get a girlfriend b.c they are not socially dominant. They do however get one night stands for their looks sometimes. I've known some really out of shape, I mean really out of shape guys, get some pretty dang good lookin gals , b.c they were Socially dominant. I'm not talking about people who get married when they are thinner and then the guy ends up getting fat. I'm talking about two single people where the woman will choose the guy who can't take care of himself physically but knows how to start and keep a conversation going , over the guy who takes care of his body but doesn't know how to start up conversations with strangers or keep up with small talk as easily.

Women will always tend to pick the guy who interrupts conversations and will demand that others listen while he speaks. While the men who are more humble and courteous , will just let the others talk and not want to be rude to interrupt, and probably couldn't give a crap what the lame discussion is about, will have a hard time getting a lady.

Maybe it's b.c when a woman's main role in society was to be good mothers, the woman would take care of the socializing of the neighbors and family and friends and send out the invites for a get together. And the husband was just there when got off work to start mingling with the guests as well.

Where as now a days, women do a lot of socializing all the time, while they are at work. Before they were sadly alone at the home for most of the day or with the kids.

Quite interested in hearing what you all have to say about this , especially from the women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 11:15 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,449,100 times
Having moderate social skills is essential in communication.

Women really want a man who can communicate with her. This is another reason why the text message is over-used and abused.

Do you think you can communicate with a female just by staring at her? That would be a major turn off to me, and if you stare and grin to yourself I just might pepper spray you.

The days of "one grunt for yes, two for no" are over.

Men stopped clubbing women over their heads and dragging them off into his man-cave long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future View Post
Maybe it's b.c when a woman's main role in society was to be good mothers, the woman would take care of the socializing of the neighbors and family and friends and send out the invites for a get together. And the husband was just there when got off work to start mingling with the guests as well. Where as now a days, women do a lot of socializing all the time, while they are at work. Before they were sadly alone at the home for most of the day or with the kids.
I'm assuming that a woman being at home with the kids has already found her man and graduated past "basic communication 101", and what does any of that have to do with what she expects in a man? Do you think women shouldn't be out socializing and have kids also, she shouldn't socialize at all because she has a man? Since when isn't it a woman's main role to be a good mother? Does socializing make her an unfit mother? Or were you raised on stereotypical television programming that brainwashed a lot of people into thinking that it's outside of a man's gender role to be sociable?

Old 01-16-2011, 12:10 AM

570 posts, read 882,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Having moderate social skills is essential in communication.
I'm sorry I didn't make it clearer in my OP. I'm saying that even the guys who can carry on a conversation with the woman, but don't care about a whole lot of small talk with groups of people, or try to be friends with everyone, will not be chosen over a guy who lacks many qualities but has social dominance when in groups and with her alone.

Quote:
Do you think you can communicate with a female just by staring at her?
Females are believed to use body language and notice body language way more than men. I believe it's a problem in today's society that women often judge a man by what he says and not what he does. The smooth talkers generally have the most to hide.

Quote:
Do you think women shouldn't be out socializing and have kids also, she shouldn't socialize at all because she has a man? Since when isn't it a woman's main role to be a good mother? Does socializing make her an unfit mother? Or were you raised on stereotypical television programming that brainwashed a lot of people into thinking that it's outside of a man's gender role to be sociable?
Wow, are you done? Just let it all out now. I think women should socialize , I just don't know why all the women fall for the guys who have social dominance everywhere they go and with everyone they meet now a days. Maybe it's b.c back in the day, the man was out in the world himself, while the woman was home. There were times he'd bring her out to eat, and all the people at the restaurant knew that they were together and had respect not to flirt with the woman.

But now a days, maybe they want the social dominance b,c they are both away from home a lot and together as well, and the social dominance of her partner is like a security for her in case of someone saying something mean to her or some other guy trying to flirt with her. Now a days, a wedding ring isn't worth a tenth of what it used to be.

I was not trying to start an argument with my topic, I was looking for support for my conclusions, or constructive reasons to why my reasoning was wrong and other things that would be more important than social dominance to a woman now a days, if any.

Old 01-16-2011, 01:41 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,382,082 times
Attractiveness is holistic, and spans a number of traits. It is not only limited to looks.

Old 01-16-2011, 04:23 PM

3,511 posts, read 5,305,420 times
Quote:
Is there anything that would attract a woman to a regular guy more than his social dominance? (I say regular guy, b.c we are taking the variables of money, status , out of this equation)

It seems that most women will try to bag a guy who converses a lot with others, male and female. Whether or not if anything of intelligent value comes out of his mouth much.

This is related to a previous thread today that talked about feminizing men. Back in the day it didn't matter as much if men were good at socializing. Today, it is a deal breaker for most women.

I've seen really attractive men (no homo) who can't get a girlfriend b.c they are not socially dominant. They do however get one night stands for their looks sometimes. I've known some really out of shape, I mean really out of shape guys, get some pretty dang good lookin gals , b.c they were Socially dominant. I'm not talking about people who get married when they are thinner and then the guy ends up getting fat. I'm talking about two single people where the woman will choose the guy who can't take care of himself physically but knows how to start and keep a conversation going , over the guy who takes care of his body but doesn't know how to start up conversations with strangers or keep up with small talk as easily.

Women will always tend to pick the guy who interrupts conversations and will demand that others listen while he speaks. While the men who are more humble and courteous , will just let the others talk and not want to be rude to interrupt, and probably couldn't give a crap what the lame discussion is about, will have a hard time getting a lady.

Maybe it's b.c when a woman's main role in society was to be good mothers, the woman would take care of the socializing of the neighbors and family and friends and send out the invites for a get together. And the husband was just there when got off work to start mingling with the guests as well.

Where as now a days, women do a lot of socializing all the time, while they are at work. Before they were sadly alone at the home for most of the day or with the kids.

Quite interested in hearing what you all have to say about this , especially from the women.
It has little to do with it. Especially if the guy is outspoken of his passions, hobbies and career if the woman isn't into it or could care less. Some guys just make people very jealous. You can't hardy say one goddamn word anymore without someone accusing you of bragging or showing off. Do they want a guy who keeps to himself and says nothing? Apparently in some cases YES!

Old 01-16-2011, 05:53 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,059,119 times
Quote:

You're seeing the alpha male/beta male struggle play out. Alpha males have the characteristics that women are subconsciously attracted to. Hence, an average looking alpha male will be much more successful with the women that a good looking beta male.

Why You Want to Have Sex with Tucker Max « Shrink Talk

Old 01-16-2011, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
You're seeing the alpha male/beta male struggle play out. Alpha males have the characteristics that women are subconsciously attracted to. Hence, an average looking alpha male will be much more successful with the women that a good looking beta male.

Why You Want to Have Sex with Tucker Max « Shrink Talk
I'd like to add MEN know who is alpha and who is beta. Women get confused at making this judgment. Money has NOTHING to do with it. Looks have nothing to do with it. Job has nothing to do with it. Size has nothing to do with it. Remember the Rocky movie series? It's all in the heart. The will to overcome all odds and win!

Old 01-16-2011, 06:11 PM

A nature display of dominance and determining who is alpha and who is beta.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jceEctyatLo

Old 01-16-2011, 06:14 PM

^ See the doe in the background patiently waiting? Whoever wins...... I'm gonna get me some of that!!! LMAO

Old 01-16-2011, 06:15 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,059,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axle grease View Post
I'd like to add MEN know who is alpha and who is beta. Women get confused at making this judgment. Money has NOTHING to do with it. Looks have nothing to do with it. Job has nothing to do with it. Size has nothing to do with it. Remember the Rocky movie series? It's all in the heart. The will to overcome all odds and win!
Exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships