Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 03:56 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,759,827 times

Advertisements

For about the past month and a half now, a very, very sweet girl and I have been developing what you might call an online LTR-style romantic relationship. I've known her already for about 5-6 months now total -- b/4 we started talking romantically, we talked at least several times a week, as just good friends. She was an absolute angelic sweetheart though, which I found extremely attractive, and the tipping point where we went from just close friends to something more was when she expressed about a month a half ago to me that she wanted more than friends, and that she had feelings for me. We have agreed to be exclusive with each other and devoted to each other only, and we talk almost every day, many times more than once a day, and frequently for hours, every day.

She is *extremely* verbally affectionate -- completely adorable, and full of tender affection and gentle caring sweetness. She says "ILY", literally like 5-10 or more times daily when we talk, but I never get tired of it...hearing it from her, makes my heart glow with happiness. She is truly the most innocent, gentle girl, I have ever known...everything she says to me, all the time, is full of sweet words of love, affection, and caring, which I gladly reciprocate to her, and always *love* hearing, from her. This is also technically her first relationship with anyone, since in addition to being very sweet, she is also very shy. In the 5-6 months I've known her, she's never gotten angry at me even once, and we've never had even one argument. Since she lives on the other side of the country, she and I are trying to make plans to meet eventually in the future, but until then, all communication between us is basically electronic. She has talked excitedly of a shared future.

Even though I'm pretty sure I'm not really in any danger of becoming so atm, I don't want to mess things up by accidentally becoming "boring" or "too predictable" to her though. Some things I've done in the past to vary things up a lil than just the usual everyday e-mails / IMs / phone calls is to occasionally send her youtube love song dedications, an e-card every once in a while, and finding some fun online games that she and I can play together.

Does anyone else, have any other suggestions on potential things I can do, to keep the sparks going, keep her interest up, liven things up a lil, etc.? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2011, 04:10 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
I dunno, she's the one sounding too boring with all of her ILY talk... lol. Just don't talk too much about yourself. Find out what her dreams and passions are. Take your time in getting to know each other. Don't just do this lovey-dovey chat stuff, but get out and do some fun things together. Build some great romantic memories to share. Be her best friend.

Boring is when the two of you repeat yourselves and your responses become predictable to the other one.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:18 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
Either she needs to come see you or you need to go see her...pronto.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I dunno, she's the one sounding too boring with all of her ILY talk... lol. Just don't talk too much about yourself. Find out what her dreams and passions are. Take your time in getting to know each other. Don't just do this lovey-dovey chat stuff, but get out and do some fun things together. Build some great romantic memories to share. Be her best friend.

Boring is when the two of you repeat yourselves and your responses become predictable to the other one.
Haha, she's most definitely *not* boring, to me! Actually I love to hear the kinds of things she says...I honestly think it's incredibly sweet and adorable of her, and it makes me so very happy. She's like a totally cuddly, lovable, gentle kitten...a real sweetheart. Not to worry, actually most of our discussion revolves around me asking her, the very kinds of things you had suggested

Doing actual fun things together might be a lil challenging tho atm, b/c currently she lives on almost the opposite end of the country as me She and I making plans for a future in-person visit though, hopefully soon...

Old 01-17-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Either she needs to come see you or you need to go see her...pronto.
Lol...plans are currently in the works, to make just that very thing, happen

Old 01-17-2011, 04:29 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
Lol...plans are currently in the works, to make just that very thing, happen

Old 01-17-2011, 04:53 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,309,853 times
You might invest in one of those phones and plans where you can see each other 24/7. One of my friends had this device that allowed him and his overseas gf to keep in constant visual contact 24/7 for many years until she is able to move here. Like you can see them walking to class, sitting in class, brushing their teeth, eating, sleeping, hanging out with their friends... kind of cute. It worked for them... LOL!

Old 01-17-2011, 05:03 PM

2,179 posts, read 3,403,895 times
I can see how it would be tough to keep the relationship fresh and always growing when you are so limited by your means of communicating. I will say though that from the "sound" of your voice you are already in love and I just hope that it survives your meeting in the flesh. If it does, and I'm betting it will; since I assume you've already exchanged honest, current photographs, my best advice and this may seem a little trite at first, but that is to just be your 'considerate' self. I say considerate because of course you must take her wants and interests into consideration; but other than that, just be who you are, do the things you like to do, discuss the things that are truly interesting to you, and that you sense are mutual. Because the most boring thing of all, in fact the thing that makes all of us boring is trying so hard you are nervous and never get to what's real. Authentic is never boring.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
You might invest in one of those phones and plans where you can see each other 24/7. One of my friends had this device that allowed him and his overseas gf to keep in constant visual contact 24/7 for many years until she is able to move here. Like you can see them walking to class, sitting in class, brushing their teeth, eating, sleeping, hanging out with their friends... kind of cute. It worked for them... LOL!
Thanks for the interesting suggestion! Is there any way you could pls provide a lil more info on what kind of phone this? (For example, is it a videophone, or a smart phone with videoconferencing capabilities?)

Old 01-17-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post
I can see how it would be tough to keep the relationship fresh and always growing when you are so limited by your means of communicating. I will say though that from the "sound" of your voice you are already in love and I just hope that it survives your meeting in the flesh. If it does, and I'm betting it will; since I assume you've already exchanged honest, current photographs, my best advice and this may seem a little trite at first, but that is to just be your 'considerate' self. I say considerate because of course you must take her wants and interests into consideration; but other than that, just be who you are, do the things you like to do, discuss the things that are truly interesting to you, and that you sense are mutual. Because the most boring thing of all, in fact the thing that makes all of us boring is trying so hard you are nervous and never get to what's real. Authentic is never boring.
Thanks so much for your helpful advice and valuable feedback Mr. Humble!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships