Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 10:10 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,549,180 times

Advertisements

awwww she is soooo precious...LOL

I didnt think there was a such thing as a ugly baby
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 10:13 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
With all due respect, maybe you should just keep your mouth shut? I mean christ how would you feel if you had a baby and your friend said "hey, uh, your kid's kinda weird looking"? It's the woman's child, she's not gonna 'recognize' that it doesn't look 'right' anyway.

Why is it even an issue really?
We all know our OP despises children and loves to complain about them. So it's no surprise to me she's can't understand that to a mother her own child is a precious jewel, regardless of his or her looks.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:51 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
A Facebook friend (and casual real-life acquaintance) of mine recently had a baby. Of course, her FB page is now littered with endless photos of her new little flesh-loaf and I am sorry to say, the child is NOT attractive.

Mind you, the kid isn't UGLY per se, but it looks like it just "isn't right" if you get my meaning.

Whenever the photos are posted there are tons of "oogie boogie" comments about how precious and beautiful the kid is. I feel compelled to say SOMETHING, but what? I can't very well put what I am thinking into words. Yet, I am the ONLY FB friend who has not made any comment about the kid since she brought it home more than three weeks ago.

Any ideas?

20yrsinBranson
Friends gush over other friends/loved one's new babies because they're in the midst of great joy. Imo, it doesn't get much better than when someone I love is filled with joy. That's what makes babies so beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Say the same thing you do when an ugly adult posts their picture on FB! What's that....you don't say anything....yeah, go with that.
I was going to say similar. People actually fib a great deal more when it comes to adults. Babies are beautiful and it has little to do with their looks. If 20yrs were to post a pic of herself here on CD, even tho it's anonymous, more than likely she would get plenty of compliments because people, imo, tend to be nice.

So, giving a compliment is not about you, 20yrs, it's about adding to the joy of the situation. If you have no joy to share, then as others have said, it's best to keep quiet.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:57 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
breathtaking

Maybe the OP can find the episode of Seinfeld to see how they dealt with the topic.

I'd say, "Congrats on your little bundle of joy."

Old 01-18-2011, 10:58 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
I cannot believe this is actually a question. Say congratulations and move on. That's like Etiquette 101.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
What a shame that the innocent little baby does not meet your standards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
And what's annoying is how mothers fish for compliments for their baby.
Who says the mom is fishing for compliments??

Old 01-18-2011, 11:00 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,675,136 times
Congratulations is perfect.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
As long as you understand that others are NOT in awe of your baby and don't consider it something precious, miraculous or a gift from god... then it's all good. Not all of us (women) are into babies and children. But the vibes I get from all mothers is that they are fishing for compliments.
What gives you that feeling?

Old 01-18-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I think you are mistaking the pride of a new parent for something else. If a new mom posts pics of her newborn on FB, it has nothing to do with "fishing for compliments". Most family and friends (true friends - ones that actually care about them ) are expecting those pictures. They want to see the new baby. This is pretty much normal accepted behavior. If you don't care enough about someone as to be at least curious about their new child, then I can't imagine why you would call yourself a friend.
Exactly Chessie.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:05 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,136,991 times
Geez...how hard is to simply type "adorable". You won't go to hell for telling a white lie. Pinkie swear! I think your silence has pretty much spoke volumes anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships