Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 11:18 AM

67 posts, read 116,463 times

Advertisements

This is not funny at all. When my son was born, he was the ugliest kid from the whole hospital. At that time, back in Europe, the father could not come in to see the child. When finally I was released home, my husband was waiting inpatiently to see our newborn. On the phone I told my husband "before I show you the child, I have to confess: he is utmost ugly; however, please promisse we will love him as he is, because he is ours". Needless to say that in about 3 month he started growing hair, and the red pealing skin drying. He became a great looking kid, and today he is very handsome and good lucking youn man.
I am telling this story because I do not want those seeing a non pretty faced baby getting dissapointed, as we were. As long he has all the functions, and otherwise it's normal, nothing wrong with him/her. Maybe will never become a beauty per se, but might develop an inner beauty which I believe it is much more valuable...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2011, 11:18 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,846,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
As long as you understand that others are NOT in awe of your baby and don't consider it something precious, miraculous or a gift from god... then it's all good. Not all of us (women) are into babies and children. But the vibes I get from all mothers is that they are fishing for compliments.
Great! As long as you understand that many, if not most people do like children and it's fairly common social form to make positive comments about them to new parents. Most people who aren't into babies or children understand that nonetheless.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:42 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,471,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
What's wrong with "Congrats on your little bundle of joy!" ?

^^^Just say this and be done with it.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:51 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,274,320 times
Hey man, I have to agree on this one. When babies are born they are generally UGLY. All wrinkled can’t really see their face and people go
“Oooooh what an adorable little angel” but really, they are ugly. Maybe it is the feeling of having such a small little child in your arm that makes anybody feel some affection, sure, I can see that but as a baby being beautiful? Not sure. Maybe they improve a little more once they start to grow up a few months later and they start to smile and play peek-a-boo.

I won’t tell someone “what an adorable child” instead I’ll congratulate them pretty much.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:12 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,673,439 times
"Adorable" is a good one, actually, because it means "able to be adored." A baby with adoring parents is adorable. It has no bearing on whether a kid is good-looking (cute, beautiful).

Old 01-18-2011, 01:23 PM

697 posts, read 1,280,749 times
i just say "man, i am sure glad your having them babies" and ask if dad got me a "good" cigar-- oh yea-- there is no such thing as a cute baby have to give em a month to reach....um.... babyhood or something like that

Old 01-18-2011, 01:28 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,384,554 times
Just lie. No matter what the baby looks like, I always just say, "how adorable!"

Old 01-18-2011, 01:32 PM

860 posts, read 2,203,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
What's wrong with "Congrats on your little bundle of joy!" ?
Well there you go. Try this, but if you really don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.

Now if they make said baby the profile picture, let er rip

Old 01-18-2011, 01:34 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,089,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
A Facebook friend (and casual real-life acquaintance) of mine recently had a baby. Of course, her FB page is now littered with endless photos of her new little flesh-loaf and I am sorry to say, the child is NOT attractive.

Mind you, the kid isn't UGLY per se, but it looks like it just "isn't right" if you get my meaning.

Whenever the photos are posted there are tons of "oogie boogie" comments about how precious and beautiful the kid is. I feel compelled to say SOMETHING, but what? I can't very well put what I am thinking into words. Yet, I am the ONLY FB friend who has not made any comment about the kid since she brought it home more than three weeks ago.

Any ideas?

20yrsinBranson

LOL...thats funny
One time when I was working at a loan company some young guy came in with his baby girl..and let me say she wasnt cute at all.
My manager kept saying oh how cute she is..and no she wasnt
sorry but not all babies are cute
So I said she has cute hair..which she did..I had to compliment the baby somehow
So when he left I told my manager..get real we both know that baby was not cute
She was shocked I said that and said Lita how can you say that/
I told her Im just saying what were both thinking..lol
and she finally admitted it was true.

So just to compliment something
like the outfit the baby is wearing..

Old 01-18-2011, 01:38 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,282,565 times
I am scratching my head here wondering what is so damned important about being honest IRT a baby's looks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships