U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-02-2011, 10:02 AM

8,453 posts, read 14,379,368 times

Advertisements

You're in better shape now than you were when you started the first thread. Life did go on. A year from now, you will be even better. Time will fix it.

I'm glad you are seeing someone and having some good times. Learn from your experiences with your Ex. Good and bad. Keep on moving forward.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 10:10 AM

10,464 posts, read 7,538,978 times
Finding someone who is good to you really helps you understand that the end of a relationship is not the end of the world. Enjoy it.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:18 AM

356 posts, read 372,110 times
When I got divorced in 08, standing in front of that judge was a very hard part to tackle. It was so awful to hear myself say the date of our marriage, the date of seperation, and why the marriage failed. It took me a few years before I could even date seriously again. Reading the update you posted brought back alot of memories. Some good, some not so good. But It's been a few years and I'm a much stronger person, as will you. My best advise is to not immediately jump into something new -- take some time for yourself. You will be better for it. Take the time to be sad and grieve, this will give you a better chance in future relationships.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:20 AM

7,532 posts, read 6,261,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXIronHorse View Post
Thank you all for your kind, kind support in dealing with a traumatic breakup:
Gone in a heartbeat

The divorce was final in summer. I had to stand like a moron alone in front of a judge and admit my marriage failed. But I am free and clear with no alimony, etc. (Literally one week after the divorce was final, however, I met a beautiful girl about my age who's company I really, really enjoy. We see each other 2-3 times a week and always have a great time.)

In early August my ex-wife tried to come back. She sent flowers, called, sent numerous emails explaining how much she loves me and that it was by far the biggest mistake of her life, etc. I guess her new life with her new boyfriend wasn't the wonderful fantasy she expected. I told her no way, and that I had moved on, that she will never be able to hurt me again, and never to contact me again.

She proved herself to have a capacity for cruelty and selfishness I never thought possible. I unfortunately believe she is fundamentally flawed and maybe even a bit sociopath: How could any thinking, feeling person do what she did to anyone, not just to someone she married and shared a home with? Really, how much could she had truly loved me in the first place?

Please share your thoughts...Even though it is over, I don't think I will ever truly get over it. I will always look back at seeing that note and feel sick to my stomach, or simply become deeply saddened by the epic tragedy of it all.
Good for you Bro!

I don't know what is up with women now a days...?

They get a nice guy...a really nice guy and they get bored. Need to be stimulated or something.

Then when reality kicks in they realize they should have stayed with the nice guy. Good for you for never looking back.

Most women will complain about their men to their girlfriends yet they will stay with the jerks.

I guess the ole saying of, "treat em like crap and they will stay around...treat them too nice and they will leave" holds water.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:37 AM

8,845 posts, read 5,066,484 times
So glad you updated. I agree with the others, take time out for yourself and keep things light with the ladies for at least a couple of years.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:21 AM

9,718 posts, read 12,493,929 times
Good for you. Consider yourself lucky that this happened now instead of 10-15 years from now and getting yourself bent over a barrel for alimony and child support.

Live and learn and move on and take care getting married. Women always look for the biggest and best nest they can find and don't think twice of bed hopping and jumping around to manipulate situations and men. Women are the masters at deception, they can't help themselves, so you always have to have your head up and have situational awareness and look beyond what they tell you.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:26 PM

9,911 posts, read 5,298,762 times
This happens a million times a year in this country. The reality is this has or will happen to most people reading this. Expecting marriage to end in "Happily ever after" is a fallacy and we all set ourselves up for failure.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:30 PM

830 posts, read 575,891 times
Good to know that you are doing well. The tone of your post shows much emotional growth from your original post. Keep it going. Life often brings challenging opportunities. Life is not about the opportunities that we encounter, but how we respond. You appear to be doing just fine.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:34 PM

8,845 posts, read 5,066,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Women always look for the biggest and best nest they can find and don't think twice of bed hopping and jumping around to manipulate situations and men. Women are the masters at deception, they can't help themselves, so you always have to have your head up and have situational awareness and look beyond what they tell you.
Wow. Care to rephrase?

Old 09-02-2011, 12:37 PM

2,503 posts, read 1,841,764 times
Awesome!! glad to know you're free.

Also, you did the right thing by not taking her back. The marriage failed for a reason.

Congrats on finding someone new!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships