U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 12:40 PM

3,062 posts, read 4,179,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Good for you. Consider yourself lucky that this happened now instead of 10-15 years from now and getting yourself bent over a barrel for alimony and child support.

Live and learn and move on and take care getting married. Women always look for the biggest and best nest they can find and don't think twice of bed hopping and jumping around to manipulate situations and men. Women are the masters at deception, they can't help themselves, so you always have to have your head up and have situational awareness and look beyond what they tell you.
Wow. Way to invade a thread with a lot of nasty misogynistic comments. Got much baggage?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 01:48 PM

15,149 posts, read 17,723,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXIronHorse View Post
In early August my ex-wife tried to come back. She sent flowers, called, sent numerous emails explaining how much she loves me and that it was by far the biggest mistake of her life, etc. I guess her new life with her new boyfriend wasn't the wonderful fantasy she expected. I told her no way, and that I had moved on, that she will never be able to hurt me again, and never to contact me again.
You made a great move here. Once you are done, stay done. Keep it moving.

I also agree taking it easy on romance for awhile. No use rushing into another marriage and putting yourself in this situation again.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:14 PM

10,970 posts, read 9,883,326 times
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That is so awesome that you told her to **** off when she came crawling back. Way to go dude!

Old 09-02-2011, 03:31 PM

19,081 posts, read 12,400,446 times
OP, as others have noted, good for you for moving on and not falling for the crap your ex is trying to pull. I wish you happiness in your future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
Wow. Way to invade a thread with a lot of nasty misogynistic comments. Got much baggage?
Baggage is putting it lightly. If anything, they provide a reminder to appreciate a life that is not so twisted and f*cked up.

Old 09-02-2011, 04:49 PM

1,301 posts, read 1,550,590 times
I'm very glad that the OP doesn't post like those LOSERS here in CD who complain how dating is easy for women and thinks that all of them are ungrateful skanks!

So glad he's MUCH MORE MATURE than those boys.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:16 PM

9,714 posts, read 12,345,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
Hit too close to home for you?

There is nothing nasty or misogynistic about what I said. This guy dodged a bullet from a deceptive woman and he should not only thank his lucky stars but also be cautious in the future.

In terms of my personal situation, I have no baggage because I chose not to have any. Every past situation is for learning and growing from and to make appropriate changes if need be. Can't live in the past and I move on.

This guy shouldn't cry over split milk and sounds like he is moving forward which is great for him. Don't rain on his parade.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:39 PM

19,081 posts, read 12,400,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Hit too close to home for you?

There is nothing nasty or misogynistic about what I said. This guy dodged a bullet from a deceptive woman and he should not only thank his lucky stars but also be cautious in the future.

In terms of my personal situation, I have no baggage because I chose not to have any. Every past situation is for learning and growing from and to make appropriate changes if need be. Can't live in the past and I move on.

This guy shouldn't cry over split milk and sounds like he is moving forward which is great for him. Don't rain on his parade.
It's not this guy's screwy ex that is warranting complaints. It's your leap from this guys ex to women. As in women plural, because, ya know, "women" is plural for woman. As in all women. And that's way beyond typical baggage.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:14 PM

2,648 posts, read 1,348,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXIronHorse View Post
Please share your thoughts...Even though it is over, I don't think I will ever truly get over it. I will always look back at seeing that note and feel sick to my stomach, or simply become deeply saddened by the epic tragedy of it all.
Time really does heal all wounds, the scar is another story. Some things like this may not be forgotten but you will usually do something akin to making friends with it. It exists, you think of it at the odd time when reminded or sometimes for no discernible reason but it has lost the power to hurt you for the most part. Other times the scar may fade away completely and be forgotten. Whether time takes your scar away or you make friends with it, either way, you will get better. Keep your chin up man.

Old 09-03-2011, 02:30 AM

19,445 posts, read 14,907,337 times
I am glad you didn't fall for the ex. I am glad you turned her down. I am proud of you for that. The hurt will get better. The past is the past. It gets you to where you are today, but living in the past isn't healthy. Look forward and keep looking forward and also enjoy where you are right now.

Old 09-05-2011, 08:16 PM

4,039 posts, read 5,093,795 times
Smile Congratulations on finding the positive!

First of all, you sound like a nice guy. It is hard to know why people behave like they do. What she did was terrible but you know now there is life after and that you can move on.

There are nice women out there just like there are nice men. Sometimes, it takes a while to find the right one. Relationships change over time and need loving care.

It makes you stronger. Just get up each day, look for the positive and enjoy.

Yes, you did dodge a bullet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships