Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 10:42 PM

199 posts, read 490,766 times

Advertisements

I came up with a conclusion feel free to add your own version or to bash mine lol.

From what I can conclude the trick to getting the ladies is to be confident and keep them guessing. First of all you have to make her feel comfortable, loosen up the tension with jokes or something cool. Keep them guessing, never be straight forward to tell them something, just imply it in a confusing way. This way she would be in her head trying to figure it out and driven crazy by it, and somehow thats a turn on. Don't hesitate to tell her things and do it with confidence or else your dead.

Giving out compliments and giving them too much attention is a bad thing, you can do that afterward when you already know her for a long time but in the initial stages it backfires. You can give out compliments regarding a skill or a trait but never something physical or else they think your a horn dog or a loser lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 10:55 PM

94 posts, read 169,611 times
That can backfire, as you can then be seen as showing low interest. After the initial four or five dates, you should know if you want a relationship with her or not. In addition, most girls, after two or three, want you to take an interest in their lives. So, unless you open up to them and also listen to them, they are going to kick you to the curb. It really is best not to play games. It really is as simple as that. If you have a girl who's playing games, you might get a bit off the ground, or even sex, but not too far into the future, she will change the rules of the game. Not sure if you want to play that game. It's a zero sum game. Shoot for a woman who does NOT want to play games and is straight with you from the start.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:05 PM

964 posts, read 3,158,936 times
Seems to me like the less interest I show in some girls, the more interested they become. Never thought being oblivious or different can be a positive.

Best thing I can say is this - DON'T put her on a pedestal. Took me a bit to realize that but too many guys fail at that. Make her seem like she needs to be worthy of your time and not the other way around.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:31 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,597,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItWasWritten View Post
Soo... the trick to getting girls interested is??
To be interesting. You have to be more. Take some art classes, learn to play the guitar. Travel.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:09 AM

6,404 posts, read 8,976,548 times
There's no trick. It's all luck. If you're blessed with looks or a great personality you are golden.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:30 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,794,520 times
These are games that amateur girls play. If you live a busy life then you don't have time for this. Either she likes you or she does not.

Old 01-20-2011, 02:06 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,050,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croye22 View Post
Seems to me like the less interest I show in some girls, the more interested they become. Never thought being oblivious or different can be a positive.

Best thing I can say is this - DON'T put her on a pedestal. Took me a bit to realize that but too many guys fail at that. Make her seem like she needs to be worthy of your time and not the other way around.
Very good post.

Old 01-20-2011, 02:34 AM

142 posts, read 238,486 times
I'm sure your theory works great if you're a boy chasing girls. When you get to be a man however, and if you prefer women to girls, you will discover that few women like playing such childish games. e.g. "never being straight forward to tell them something, just implying it in a confusing way" may give the women the impression you are a bit of a fool.

Have fun friend, but it all changes when you grow up and women expect honesty, respect, maturity and to be treated like a human being.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:47 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,050,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Small_Feather View Post
I'm sure your theory works great if you're a boy chasing girls. When you get to be a man however, and if you prefer women to girls, you will discover that few women like playing such childish games. e.g. "never being straight forward to tell them something, just implying it in a confusing way" may give the women the impression you are a bit of a fool.

Have fun friend, but it all changes when you grow up and women expect honesty, respect, maturity and to be treated like a human being.
I can speak with authority when I say that the little subconscious tricks that work on younger girls work almost as equally well on the older ones. Furthermore, there is nothing dishonest, disrespectful or immature about it.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:52 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,637,345 times
Nice try but there really isn't a trick, magic potion or anything like that. Some men have an easier time picking up women, some women have an easier time getting dates. It's all luck, personality, etc... Some people have it, some don't. As soon as you think you've figured out the mystery something else will squash that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships