Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 12:28 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,927,553 times

Advertisements

Its pretty hard to know what he really feels when it comes to your relationship. I think you'd know if he was really committed to you but you need to have a clear head to see it.

Obviously theres something wrong with the skiing thing. You not being invited is a huge sign. The fact that your boyfriend did listen to you after all does show some promise.

I think that even if he does feel committed to you right now, i think its too early in your relationship for him to be prepared for marriage. Marriage can be a very pressuring thing for a guy. It naturally feels like some kind of entrapment for most men even when they really love the woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 12:34 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorhe33 View Post
Its pretty hard to know what he really feels when it comes to your relationship. I think you'd know if he was really committed to you but you need to have a clear head to see it.

Obviously theres something wrong with the skiing thing. You not being invited is a huge sign. The fact that your boyfriend did listen to you after all does show some promise.

I think that even if he does feel committed to you right now, i think its too early in your relationship for him to be prepared for marriage. Marriage can be a very pressuring thing for a guy. It naturally feels like some kind of entrapment for most men even when they really love the woman.
Two years is too early?? Really??

AND if a man is really in love with a woman, marriage feels like entrapment??

I can tell you for sure, I will never ever get married again if those facts are true then.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:41 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Knowing in your heart that marriage and committment was what you wanted, you were a fool to just move in with him.

The expression "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free" is as true today as it was the first time I heard it 30+ years ago.

This is not as complicated as you think - you just can't see the forest for the trees right now.

Bottom line is, you two do not have the same goals in this relationship. I know what I would do in your shoes, but you are the one who has to make that decision. Good luck.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorhe33 View Post

Give me a break

If a 40-something year old man needs more than 2 years to know if he wants to marry someone there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with him.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:46 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Give me a break

If a 40-something year old man needs more than 2 years to know if he wants to marry someone there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with him.
I hope your right because if men my age are supposed to be that out of touch, then I won't be wasting my time on them. I won't be putting two years of my life into something that is only going to make them feel trapped in the long run.

Why would a man get involved with a woman they know is looking for marriage, when marriage makes them feel trapped anyway??

Old 01-20-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I hope your right because if men my age are supposed to be that out of touch, then I won't be wasting my time on them. I won't be putting two years of my life into something that is only going to make them feel trapped in the long run.

Why would a man get involved with a woman they know is looking for marriage, when marriage makes them feel trapped anyway??
Don't worry, I'm right Marriage does not make all men feel trapped, only the immature ones who aren't ready for it anyway.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:56 PM

12 posts, read 18,825 times
He lived with a woman and owned a house with her for 10 years. Did not want to get married. He also contends that I was foolish for marrying my ex husband after knowing him only 9 months. I agree with that, but I don't think it's fair for someone to be punished for having been married previously. He said to me "look what happened in your marriage."

Old 01-20-2011, 12:57 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
I don't for three seconds buy that "marriage=entrapment" for most males in loving relationships. Sorry. Not buying it.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:58 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzard11 View Post
I don't think it's fair for someone to be punished for having been married previously. He said to me "look what happened in your marriage."
This guy sounds like a real catch.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:10 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Has your boyfriend asked his friend if you can go up to the Vermont house with him? How big is this house? Does your boyfriend get his own bedroom to sleep in or is he sleeping on a sofa? Where to the three girls stay?

What if you and you boyfriend could stay at a cheap motel near the friend's Vermont house?

There are times when I don't go with my boyfriend when he gets invites out of town. Some of it is because I'm not interested in doing what they are going to be doing. Sometimes is because we wouldn't have our own room and he would be camping out on a sofa or in his sleeping bag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships