Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 08:08 PM

114 posts, read 399,902 times

Advertisements

only 3 blind dates?That definitely didn't work. A lot of people I know tried countless blind dates.It's not easy to find the right one,hence,to try more will help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
I've been on 3 blind dates before (2 set up by coworkers and 1 set up by a neighbor). I will never go on a blind date AGAIN!!! None of the guys were guys I would have been attracted to. It was nice of them to think of me, to put the effort into setting me up but never again. I'm married anyways but even if I wasn't I would not do that again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2007, 05:04 AM

3,401 posts, read 13,368,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
I think people build up certain expectations when chatting on line and in their mind they have this image of what they think the person is like,
If when meeting the person is not as they expected something inside of them feels a certain disappointment
I know people this has happened to, the person they finally met was nice looking and had a good job and was really nice but they in their mind were expecting something different so they were "turned off"
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 07-19-2007, 06:45 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
I think that most people have a preset image of what the person is going to look like when they meet.
My biggest shock was the man who had no arms.. He had prosthetic 'hooks' and when he asked 'aren't you going to ask me?' I didn't know what to say..

Old 07-19-2007, 07:11 AM

549 posts, read 2,384,087 times
Well that sort of surprise could be easily avoided if both parties have a webcam. At least you know what they look like.

Old 07-19-2007, 07:40 AM

1,712 posts, read 4,232,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anigirli View Post
I feel some people nowadays(maybe because of shorter-attention spans) do not give the other's person another shot. Sometimes the chemistry is not always going to develop instantanously, but needs time and nurturing to develop it. At the same time there are people who "clicked" initially but the relationship eventually withered.
true........ rep

Old 07-20-2007, 06:50 AM

27,337 posts, read 27,387,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I had a "blind date" once but I broke up with her because her German Shephard guide-dog didn't like me...
Lol Mike! Go figure, only YOU would come up with something like that....

Old 07-20-2007, 07:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,570 times
I married a blind date. It lasted 12 years. Lots of fun until the last two years.

Old 07-20-2007, 07:39 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,373,269 times
I only went on 4 blind dates in my life, one turned out to be married which i only learned as we were driving past him and she screamed absinities at him from the window of the car. One was a psycho that I won't go into detail about but it really irratated me that my friends thought we'd be a good match. One was an easy 300lbs had 3 inches on me and I beleive just wanted a buddy to go with her to the all you can eat places. The last one was the daughter of someone I worked with, boy was that a long night.
None of these were through the internet just friends fixing me up. My opinion on the internet is if your not dating material where you live well.......

Old 07-20-2007, 06:17 PM

982 posts, read 3,485,867 times
I'll do better and give you TWO specific reasons I didn't like my blind date:
1) He talked way too much about his ex, and went into EXPLICIT detail about sex with her.
2) After speaking about his ex for so long, he wanted to talk about the two of us marrying and settling down.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:22 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
None of my friends who are dating can give me a reason why they did not like any of their dates.

Give us something SPECIFIC about why you did not like the people you meet in a blind date.
Were they really interested oe was this just something they did to get people off their back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships