Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 12:03 AM

11,048 posts, read 16,788,591 times

Advertisements

I made this handy, easy-to-comprehend diagram in Windows Paint to help all manner of guys on this page who have started threads questioning why it is that they can't date despite being

-Nice
-Successful
or
-Attractive

Please, study it carefully:

I promise you, if you follow its precepts and take them to heart, you will win at dating.

Your Friend,

-415_s2k
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2011, 12:13 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,297,236 times
I bet it won't be. And Julia's should have been the last.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:25 AM

2,419 posts, read 4,705,601 times
No more of this. There is no such thing as nice guys and bad guys, there is only winners and losers.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:46 AM

288 posts, read 716,071 times
There is no "Nice Guy" versus "Bad Boy" or even applying these terms to anyone. It's annoying to see these terms constantly used. They are misnomers.

What women really want is "Interesting" instead of "Boring".

You can be a NICE person and still be interesting. I know many guys who are VERY nice but are also interesting, and married to cute women. You can have tattoos and no job and have other "Bad" aspects and still be nice.

Women want to laugh and have fun. If you can make them laugh and have fun with them then they will be interested in you.

It takes some skill to do this. I don't have it and so I am still dateless, nice, and otherwise very successful. However, I am too serious for women. I don't have that knack to make women laugh, and I don't know how to have "fun".

I am working on it though. The irony though is that smart geeky guys are probably mostly smarter than the guys getting the girls and so should be able to use their intelligence to figure out the "How to have fun" equation but it just doesn't happen. I think feelings of self-consciousness interfere perhaps. There have been occasions where I've made women laugh and I try to remember what I did. However, I notice it always happens when I am not actually TRYING to make them laugh. The circumstance just leads into it and BOOM, they are laughing. Unfortunately it happens with me so rarely that it's never happened where I was trying to get a date.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:01 AM

288 posts, read 716,071 times
One more thing... when I was in college my roomate had his hot girlfriend over. We all chatted about something in the kitchen then I went upstairs to study. I heard her yell out "...but he's so borrrrring!!!!!!" with my roomate saying "shut up... shut up...".

I suppose I am still boring as I am still dateless. Women can be brutal.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:25 AM

1,206 posts, read 2,921,925 times
see being smart has nothing to do with dating skills because they are people-dumb. Low eq, self-awareness, and social skills. I agree with girls like interesting. Charming guys are interesting, humorous, and have great social skills.

Old 01-24-2011, 01:30 AM

11,048 posts, read 16,788,591 times
No one here has a sense of humor

Old 01-24-2011, 01:59 AM

404 posts, read 700,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnTraveler View Post
One more thing... when I was in college my roomate had his hot girlfriend over. We all chatted about something in the kitchen then I went upstairs to study. I heard her yell out "...but he's so borrrrring!!!!!!" with my roomate saying "shut up... shut up...".

I suppose I am still boring as I am still dateless. Women can be brutal.
The issue here is that women's concept of "fun" for a guy they are attracted to, is often very different from what would make you funny in a group of friends.

For most women it involves being challenging, unpredictible, daring... As you can imagine this is quite more complex than your typical "just be confident": It has to do with your kind of personality. Personally, I am happy with how I am thanks. I am aware that my kind of personality is usually seen as fun among friends but often perceived by women as boring. And this may stuck me alone, but that's how it works.

It's neither fair not unfair, just the way it is.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:34 AM

142 posts, read 238,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
No one here has a sense of humor
Just what I was thinking. They are treating your jokey diagram as if is an exam question

Old 01-24-2011, 02:58 AM

9,930 posts, read 13,899,778 times
Sage advice from Heartless ******* International.

Heartless ******* International - Why "Nice Guys" are often such LOSERS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships