Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 02:16 PM

19,705 posts, read 20,236,139 times

Advertisements

We fall in love only when we are consciously or unconsciously sexually motivated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
I emphatically and profoundly disagree, with the bolded above statement. Physical motivation distinguishes family love from spousal love; nothing more. But it is entirely possible to "fall in love", sans mere erotic reasons -- such as when they totally and completely capture your heart, or vice versa.

Well then, you are challenging the likes of M. Scott Peck, M.D., psychiatrist and author of the national best seller
"The Road Less Traveled", which brilliantly integrates traditional psychological and spiritual insights!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 02:45 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Does he like Burritos too?

Does he have a mom??

Old 01-25-2011, 03:37 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
IMO, that is the antithesis, of real romantic love...it would most certainly *not* work on me, as it would only leave me feeling empty and hollow, in my heart...
Last time I encountered somebody of your kind I was in grade school... OK, maybe in HS, but I didn't give him the time of day as I was interested in a half-foreigner, Math-wiz, playing air guitar heavy-metal head whom none of my friends liked and we were keeping things sort of "under cover". We also did that because his own image was going to be destroyed by having something as mushy as a girlfriend. The other one... the other one was also a Math wiz, but a mousy, blond Math wiz, who was hanging out by the ladies' room on the wrong floor in order to catch a glimpse of me... I'm pretty sure he would've been more than happy to write me poems and hold my hand in public. Mind you, I'd love both... but not from him... I'd imagine some woman is having a calm and decent life with him... Oh, well, c'est la vie...

Old 01-25-2011, 07:46 PM

Oooohh, now I see what story was behind this one...

Following your illegal to Mexico

Old 01-25-2011, 08:07 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Oooohh, now I see what story was behind this one...

Following your illegal to Mexico
Did you miss the part where she got beaten up after the boyfriend and the mother let villainous laughs out

Old 01-25-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Did you miss the part where she got beaten up after the boyfriend and the mother let villainous laughs out
No. I'm aware of this whole story. I just didn't connect the moniker to them at first.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:37 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,681,845 times
People who fall in love easily also fall out of love just as easily. Don't be too quick to believe it will last.

Just slow him down and move at your own pace. As long as you are honest with him that "you want to take things slow" I don't see a problem. Enjoy the attention while it lasts.

Old 01-26-2011, 10:58 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,759,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
We fall in love only when we are consciously or unconsciously sexually motivated.

Well then, you are challenging the likes of M. Scott Peck, M.D., psychiatrist and author of the national best seller
"The Road Less Traveled", which brilliantly integrates traditional psychological and spiritual insights!
All I know is, romantic love without physical motivation alone as the only factor in the equation, can and has happened for me, before (and was recently actually reciprocated).

*Can* physical motivation result in romantic love, of and by itself? Certainly. *Must it* always, *100% of the time*, and without any exception at all? *That* is the area where I differ, with the esteemed person above. Besides, practically no one that I know takes psychiatry 100% seriously, or as absolute, infallible gospel truth anyway

Old 01-26-2011, 11:01 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,759,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Last time I encountered somebody of your kind I was in grade school... OK, maybe in HS, but I didn't give him the time of day as I was interested in a half-foreigner, Math-wiz, playing air guitar heavy-metal head whom none of my friends liked and we were keeping things sort of "under cover". We also did that because his own image was going to be destroyed by having something as mushy as a girlfriend. The other one... the other one was also a Math wiz, but a mousy, blond Math wiz, who was hanging out by the ladies' room on the wrong floor in order to catch a glimpse of me... I'm pretty sure he would've been more than happy to write me poems and hold my hand in public. Mind you, I'd love both... but not from him... I'd imagine some woman is having a calm and decent life with him... Oh, well, c'est la vie...
LOL

C'mon Sierra, give a guy a chance will ya? (j/k, teasing u here)

Old 01-26-2011, 11:17 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,550,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
Agreed, but I'm not in a position or at least I don't know him well enough to know if there is a possibility to correspond his sentiments. I don't have any other guys on the side (I date one at a time), and I like this guy but I don't know what it'll develop into so should I gamble with this guys feelings which are apparent and growing, just on the possibility that I may someday feel the same? Or...
I bet you wish you never asked for advise!!!! But it's true you have to be up front with this guy. Like already stated by sierraA, karma, what goes around comes around!!

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships