Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you rather date bad boys or geeks?
Bad Boys 7 35.00%
Geeks 13 65.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 07:43 PM

453 posts, read 457,261 times

Advertisements

If you had to choose between the two, which would it be? Would you rather date the bad boy who goes around flexing his muscles like a peacock showing off its feathers? Do you like the kind of guy who brags to other men how he can walk on water, eat bullets, and crap ice cream? Do you find it sexy when he grinds the engine of his car at the stoplight and always brags about how many women he screwed and claims he's misunderstood whenever someone questions why his criminal record is a mile-long?

Or do you like the geeky intellectual guy who loves Star Trek? He doesn't look like Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt. The man is in love with his cats, and he often wears cardigan sweaters and ties. He has a quirky personality, but he means well. He's not the kind of guy who feels he must go around and prove his worthiness like some silverback gorilla preening and posturing, yet he's often got sharp computer and technological skills. If you had to choose between the two, which would it be? Be honest!

Old 01-24-2011, 07:45 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,986,264 times
I like bad boys. I think bad boys are sexy. Pfft, geeks is creepy.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:10 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,681,177 times
Geeks are annoying. Bad boys are more fun.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:12 PM

343 posts, read 524,125 times
If these were my only two choices, I'd just use the bad boy to procreate and hang out with my girlfriends for fun.

People are not this one-sided, all geeks are not noble creatures nor are all bad boys mean guys. Sheesh! I need me some varieeetay.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:13 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
Geeks are annoying.
You don't wanna discuss Star Wars...?! C'mon...

Old 01-24-2011, 08:20 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,476,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daugenstine View Post
If you had to choose between the two, which would it be? Would you rather date the bad boy who goes around flexing his muscles like a peacock showing off its feathers? Do you like the kind of guy who brags to other men how he can walk on water, eat bullets, and crap ice cream? Do you find it sexy when he grinds the engine of his car at the stoplight and always brags about how many women he screwed and claims he's misunderstood whenever someone questions why his criminal record is a mile-long?

No. Too full of himself and annoying. No one likes a braggart.

Quote:
Or do you like the geeky intellectual guy who loves Star Trek? He doesn't look like Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt. The man is in love with his cats, and he often wears cardigan sweaters and ties. He has a quirky personality, but he means well. He's not the kind of guy who feels he must go around and prove his worthiness like some silverback gorilla preening and posturing, yet he's often got sharp computer and technological skills. If you had to choose between the two, which would it be? Be honest!
No. He can like to watch ST, but he better not be dressing up in costumes for conventions. He can like pets, but he better have a better variety in clothing. Everything else is fine.

I think your poll is too black and white. These examples are at the far end of the spectrum. Most women would like a balance.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:25 PM

Bad boys usually grow up but geeky is forever.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:26 PM

453 posts, read 457,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissy View Post
[/color][/font]

No. Too full of himself and annoying. No one likes a braggart.

[font=Century Gothic][color=navy][color=black]

No. He can like to watch ST, but he better not be dressing up in costumes for conventions. He can like pets, but he better have a better variety in clothing. Everything else is fine.

I think your poll is too black and white. These examples are at the far end of the spectrum. Most women would like a balance.
I'll buy that. I'm kind of a geeky guy, but I also study martial arts and know how to defend myself. I'm an Iraq War Veteran who loves Star Trek, but I don't dress up in costumes and I've never been to a convention in my entire life. Does that count?

Old 01-24-2011, 08:27 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,105,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You don't wanna discuss Star Wars...?! C'mon...
.... there's nothing wrong with Star Wars. ...

Old 01-24-2011, 08:30 PM

Either the OP edited his original post or I skimmed it too quickly. Upon second reading, I would find them both unacceptable to date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.