Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 06:28 AM

94 posts, read 169,651 times

Advertisements

So, it seems I am now in a relationship with my girl. Very happy about it. Think of her constantly, even more so now then before. Granted, the weekend's surprised multiple intimate sessions probably helped solidify our relationship even more. We both feel the same way about each other. Not worried about that. And, if I could be with her more, I would without batting an eyelash. During the week is hard, as she's busy with work and very hard to get in touch with during the day, but at night, we can speak with no issues. Working around each other schedules is what we are doing now, and trying to fit in a some face time during the week aside from just seeing each other on the weekend. This snowy weather isn't helping. We switch off from calling each other day after day, but I am not sure if too much daily contact is too much. If either of us expect the call from the other, it can be, over time, dull and mundane. So, how does one do the calling? Is it best to speak every other day just to shoot the breeze? Everyday seems a bit much. No?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 06:47 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siteuser View Post
So, it seems I am now in a relationship with my girl. Very happy about it. Think of her constantly, even more so now then before. Granted, the weekend's surprised multiple intimate sessions probably helped solidify our relationship even more. We both feel the same way about each other. Not worried about that. And, if I could be with her more, I would without batting an eyelash. During the week is hard, as she's busy with work and very hard to get in touch with during the day, but at night, we can speak with no issues. Working around each other schedules is what we are doing now, and trying to fit in a some face time during the week aside from just seeing each other on the weekend. This snowy weather isn't helping. We switch off from calling each other day after day, but I am not sure if too much daily contact is too much. If either of us expect the call from the other, it can be, over time, dull and mundane. So, how does one do the calling? Is it best to speak every other day just to shoot the breeze? Everyday seems a bit much. No?
congratulations! my wife and i talked constantly when we started dating. 8 years later we still do. i guess it depends on how things progress and what you have to talk about. you've got to keep it fresh. if you are only going to "see" eachother on the weekends i don't think there's anything wrong with talking nightly although it doesn't need to be long conversations. just don't get to the point where one of you think something is wrong if you don't talk one night. every relationship is different. my wife and i knew we were in love almost immediately. good luck.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:51 AM

6,560 posts, read 8,391,660 times
If you're in a relationship, then a daily call would be okay. Of course, it doesn't have to be an hour-long, mush-gushy conversation every time. It could be just a quick, how was your day? and then you could share something about your day and then "well, I'll talk to to you tomorrow".

My husband and I dated long distance for a year and a half (seeing each other only on the weekends), sometimes we'd talk for 15 minutes sometimes we'd talk for an hour, but we did speak once a day.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:02 AM

8,948 posts, read 20,370,228 times
Just watch mixing intimacy to much with real high feelings! I did that quite a bit for the 22 yrs I was single and ruined more than one relationship. Basically one night of intimacy equaled "love" to me........boy was I wrong!

Quote:

Old 01-25-2011, 07:06 AM

When we talk, and we can laugh and have a good time talking about just the breeze, the conversations can last well over an hour. Heck, Monday night, my phone battery died during our talk. I like talking to her, though, rather be with her in person, however, not sure if calling her every day at night is a good idea. Need to keep things interesting, you know? And some days, I am just too tired or fall asleep. When I wake up though, I feel a bit guilty for either missing her call or, if it was my turn to call her, not call cause I was sleeping. Since I go to work very early, I am usually tired by the night. I just do not want her to think too much on what it means if I do or I do not call her every night. I guess, I just want to keep some healthy space between us. Not pull back, just healthy space. If it was possible, I'd rather spend more physical time with her. Lunch, dinner, going to places, etc. Phone time is great, but actually being with her is soo much better. I know it is really early on, but I just feel something special about her. Only felt this way one time before, so I do not want to mess it up by being too chatty or too distant.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Just watch mixing intimacy to much with real high feelings! I did that quite a bit for the 22 yrs I was single and ruined more than one relationship. Basically one night of intimacy equaled "love" to me........boy was I wrong!
I was crazy about her since the first time I met her for Drinks in November. She pushed for the intimacy Friday AND Saturday, not me. Which was a surprise. Basically, when she came over, she jumped on top of me, if you know what I mean. We connect on so many levels it's just amazing.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:48 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,196,265 times
Quote:
When we talk, and we can laugh and have a good time talking about just the breeze, the conversations can last well over an hour. Heck, Monday night, my phone battery died during our talk. I like talking to her, though, rather be with her in person, however, not sure if calling her every day at night is a good idea. Need to keep things interesting, you know? And some days, I am just too tired or fall asleep. When I wake up though, I feel a bit guilty for either missing her call or, if it was my turn to call her, not call cause I was sleeping. Since I go to work very early, I am usually tired by the night. I just do not want her to think too much on what it means if I do or I do not call her every night. I guess, I just want to keep some healthy space between us. Not pull back, just healthy space. If it was possible, I'd rather spend more physical time with her. Lunch, dinner, going to places, etc. Phone time is great, but actually being with her is soo much better. I know it is really early on, but I just feel something special about her. Only felt this way one time before, so I do not want to mess it up by being too chatty or too distant.
curious how old you are? you said you've only felt this way once before, that's why i ask. don't you just love it when they "jump" on top of you? when my wife and i had our 1st intimate encounter she informed me that i was spending the weekend at her house so i'd better find someone to watch my daughter. it was one of the best and most fun weekends of my life. geez i love that woman! oh, tomorrow is the 8 year anniv of our 1st date.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:33 AM

8,948 posts, read 20,370,228 times
Well, if you first met her in Nov. and this is the end of January......that's NOT very long, you know! However, I will admit that I only knew my wife a month or so before I moved into her apartment she shared with her mom. A year later we were married, BUT we were both on the exact same page when it came to a relationship and marriage........we were both "marriage minded". This March will be our 10 yr Wedding Anniversary and boy have we done a lot since we met!
Good Luck to both of you and I sure hope your relationship continues to grow and grow. There is absolutely NOTHING like being in a great relationship (and marriage, if that's what happens)!

Quote:
I was crazy about her since the first time I met her for Drinks in November. She pushed for the intimacy Friday AND Saturday, not me. Which was a surprise. Basically, when she came over, she jumped on top of me, if you know what I mean. We connect on so many levels it's just amazing.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:34 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
Quote:
You are describing why people get married really. Some find thatwhen they fainly ahve that tiem and commitment that things change tho;it seems.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:52 AM

1,206 posts, read 2,927,553 times
i think it takes time to kind of work into a comfortable pace. Give it time and don't rush things and itll work itself out. There isn't a "correct" amount of contact, it varies per person. Let things go natural just remember the most important is for you both to be communicative and understanding of each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships