U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-27-2011, 10:04 AM

1,756 posts, read 1,378,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
That's because you're a female so they don't say it around you
Ye this is true too...
What's said in the locker-room is not meant for
Spoiler
female
...ehr I mean womens ears.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 10:08 AM

8,701 posts, read 12,522,962 times
Its so tedious. Some females will complain about whatever you call them. We went through four decades of purging the words "gals", then "honeys" and then it was "chick" then it was "girls" now its "female."

This is the province of insecure females who think that they can get respect by specifying how others refer to them. It's just tedious and I've lost patience for it.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:36 AM

6,046 posts, read 6,287,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
Its so tedious. Some females will complain about whatever you call them. We went through four decades of purging the words "gals", then "honeys" and then it was "chick" then it was "girls" now its "female."

This is the province of insecure females who think that they can get respect by specifying how others refer to them. It's just tedious and I've lost patience for it.
I was told it's a turn off to call a female a chick. Some female said it's not offensive when females call each other chicks, but it's offensive when males say it.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:40 AM

16,522 posts, read 8,981,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
That's because you're a female so they don't say it around you
Oh - I'm not saying they don't talk about women's bodies - and they most certainly have done that in front of me!!! They just wouldn't phrase it quite like that. They usually say something like - "That girl is hot!" Not -"Look at them females." It's just a slightly different vernacular.
Believe me - I've been around guys lots of times when they were drooling over other women's bodies!

Old 03-27-2011, 06:00 PM

421 posts, read 474,983 times
Actually lots of tough type cats quasi-politely use it in place of the [female dog] reference, when speaking impersonally about women they either dont know well or care even less about.
But I doubt it is meant mysoginistically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships