Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 09:25 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,183,415 times

Advertisements

The reason why I am asking is, I was sitting in the main hallway of the building in which I work in. I heard two women coming down the stairs and 1 of the ladies was discussing her what appears to have been the "father" of her child. As she got closer to me she made a remark about catching him in a lie and as she got right next to me she loudly said, "he knows how to lie very well, like MOST men do"..........I did not look up nor give her the reaction she was expecting but she certainly seemed "sour".

I was thinking---I wonder if she'll take that into her next "relationship".

Who tends to be more sour, men or women?

What do you think?

PLEASE-Do not turn this into GENDER BASHING.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 09:30 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,996,132 times
Its not only after one relationship(depending how long it lasted). But these type of women go after certain type of men. So after one bad relationship they go into another that sours. And these just keep on adding baggage to her.

Then there are the women who spend years with bad men. They get emotionally, verbally, physically abused to the point. Where they feel they are not worth anything better.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:44 AM

420 posts, read 877,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
The reason why I am asking is, I was sitting in the main hallway of the building in which I work in. I heard two women coming down the stairs and 1 of the ladies was discussing her what appears to have been the "father" of her child. As she got closer to me she made a remark about catching him in a lie and as she got right next to me she loudly said, "he knows how to lie very well, like MOST men do"..........I did not look up nor give her the reaction she was expecting but she certainly seemed "sour". I was thinking---I wonder if she'll take that into her next "relationship"?. Who tends to be more sour, men or women? What do you think? PLEASE-Do not turn this into GENDER BASHING.
Personally, If im bitten once, Im twice shy-- about that kind of woman. Not ALL women. And to me, there lies a significant difference: Women that I have known and read, seem to want to believe that being female means higher integrity, morally, than males, in that, ALL men are over-sexed and can only think in those terms. So their motives cannot be trusted.

And while this may be true of some younger-minded men, and women,
It would be foolish and immature to generalize a whole gender of people as the same, on any one particular issue.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:48 AM

21,274 posts, read 6,348,218 times
I can't speak for all women but the ones I've met who were in bad relationships tend to expect the same from all guys.

I tend to be somewhat overly cautious of "getiing involved" for the same reason. I was burned once and bitten once so I take more time than I probably should.

Old 03-26-2011, 09:59 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,183,415 times
I tried not to generalize and I think most of you are smart enough to know that I don't mean ALL men/women.

Most of us have been around long enough to be able to offer a perspective on this subject.

So far, the first 2 comments are really good.

Thanks guys.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:07 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,325,557 times
I think men and women are equally guilty of bringing "soured" perceptions into new relationships. It's a shame they don't realize they are only doing themselves harm by holding such grudges.

I'm not saying it's easy to wipe the slate clean after a relationship ended badly but there is a huge difference between avoiding the same mistakes in a new partner vs. generalizing the whole gender.

I've had relationships that ended badly and used them as lessons, not as curses for my future. I'm too stubborn to give anyone that kind of power.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:14 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,224 times
Can it just be that she was blowing off steam about her relationship and telling a co-worker about her frustrations right now with him? Nothing sour about future relationship, she's just venting right now. Just getting her emotions out about him.

Doesn't say anything about her character as a person or a women. Just like some men do stupid or say stupid things at the moment of anger, doesn't mean they're a complete douchebag all the time.

Most of you men and it's always the same ones that gladly jump in here to voice how it's the women and her personality, etc. and how you wouldn't want to be with a women like that. blah,blah,blah. You never give them any slack. They can't do anything or say anything right. It gets very tiring after awhile in here.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:18 AM

3,573 posts, read 6,474,224 times
And you know this is going to go into women bashing. It seems some of you take an innocent episode of hearsay or just casual talking and turn it into something totally different.

Some of the above posters are correct but we'll have our usuals come in here and talk about her terribly.

Why can't someone just vent about their man or woman and not be judged for what they say?

Old 03-26-2011, 10:30 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times
Agreed, it's getting to the point that a simple vent can be annalized and scrutinized,so much that it grows like some kind of monster and takes on a meaning way beyond what was ever intended!

Old 03-26-2011, 10:31 AM

29 posts, read 66,367 times
In my humble opinion, women. However, the lady's behavior just seems plain rude to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships