Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2011, 02:29 AM

85 posts, read 171,281 times

Advertisements

I met this guy in a class we're taking together. The first week of class, when I walked out of the classroom to get some snacks during the break, I heard someone asking me really loud: "Is the coffee shop closed?" - that's when I first noticed him. I thought he was just asking me a question, but then few minutes later he approached me and started to chat with me. We talked briefly during the break about some basic info of ourselves (where we intern at /areas of study/hometown etc). At the end of class I asked for his notes, and he mentioned "we should get together some time."

This week, we talked briefly after class and exchanged emails (for class presentation purpose). he said hi to me through the gmail chat box and we chatted a little bit about our hobbies, what our parents do, our plans after graduation..etc.

I'm interested in getting to know more about him, but I'm not sure if-based on the way he acted- he was just being friendly or he's interested as well. (sorry if I sound funny, i've only been with one guy for the past several years and now I don't even know what to do)

I want to let him know that I'm interested, but 1) I'm concerned it will become awkward to be sitting in the same class if things don't go well; 2) I really have no idea how to show my interest since I've never done this before.

Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks in advance
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 07:01 AM

1,206 posts, read 2,919,407 times
Smile shyly at him and if he likes you he'll pick up the hint. Or maybe ask to study or work on something for class and if you guys get hungry you can get to know him over lunch or a coffee break. Try to get to know him a bit more if you want to be more cautious. That way you know if your compatible.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:30 AM

471 posts, read 1,039,074 times
Say hi to him. Talk to him, engage him in conversation. That usually does the trick.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:03 AM

2 posts, read 4,617 times
Well, I think at least he has a good feeling about you. Here are some suggestions you should do:
You can try to do something together with him, like your friends have a party and asking him to join. Or you have some trouble with your exercises and ask him for help. You don’t need to talk to him, a message is a idea. But you don’t show that you need him. Let your relationship is natural, you give him a chance to talk and doing something with you. If he likes you, he will know how to do. Don’t look at him silly or weak, he will afraid of you. Being an independent girl and opend mind, sharing with him his hobby and your hobby. Remember, don’t let your emotion control your mind.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:05 AM

142 posts, read 237,933 times
i envy him. You sound like a really genuine, sweet person and, trust me, so many guys love that about a girl

It sounds like he likes you with his "let's get together sometime" comment. He sounds like he will take the inititative if the chance presents itelf. Like the others say, just smile at him when appropriate, be friendly when he talks to you, begin conversations if you really have something to say.

Also, is there anything you can think to talk about or ask questions about based on what he has already told you? Think about it.

If he likes you and is single it will happen...

Old 01-27-2011, 11:28 AM

4,868 posts, read 8,388,177 times
take every chance you can to study with him! it'll go from there!

Old 01-27-2011, 11:43 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,190,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami*imA View Post
I met this guy in a class we're taking together. The first week of class, when I walked out of the classroom to get some snacks during the break, I heard someone asking me really loud: "Is the coffee shop closed?" - that's when I first noticed him. I thought he was just asking me a question, but then few minutes later he approached me and started to chat with me. We talked briefly during the break about some basic info of ourselves (where we intern at /areas of study/hometown etc). At the end of class I asked for his notes, and he mentioned "we should get together some time."

This week, we talked briefly after class and exchanged emails (for class presentation purpose). he said hi to me through the gmail chat box and we chatted a little bit about our hobbies, what our parents do, our plans after graduation..etc.

I'm interested in getting to know more about him, but I'm not sure if-based on the way he acted- he was just being friendly or he's interested as well. (sorry if I sound funny, i've only been with one guy for the past several years and now I don't even know what to do)

I want to let him know that I'm interested, but 1) I'm concerned it will become awkward to be sitting in the same class if things don't go well; 2) I really have no idea how to show my interest since I've never done this before.

Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks in advance
LOL. this ones easy from a guy's perspective. TALK to him and just be nice and he'll think you like him.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:36 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,261,656 times
Tell him you're doing an essay on the opposite sex about what makes them tick and you think he is a fine specimen.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:58 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,576,385 times
Quote:
How do I approach a guy in my class that I'm interested in?
You use your legs and feet to walk in his direction and then when you're in close proximity you use your voice box, mouth and tongue to form words that you've chosen for the purpose of communicating the fact that you'd like to get to know him better. When you're not speaking I would recommend having an expression on your face that looks like this:

Old 01-27-2011, 01:23 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,521,190 times
You don't need to 'approach' him. He already did when he talked to you and said you should get together. What do you want to tell him, that you officially like him?

You two are seemingly interested in each others and that, is the best way to start a relationship.

Don't play games. Don't worry about where this is going. If you want to see him, contact him. If he does, he will too. And hopefully, the more you'll be together, the more it'll build up into something meaningful on its own.

Just let things go naturally and I'm sure you'll eventually share a kiss. It'll be a much better story than pushing him into an 'official' date.

Ambiguity is romantic for men too. Leave this as is and see where it goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships