Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 11:55 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times

Advertisements

I consider a lot of women to be noise machines: nothing more, nothing less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 03:50 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
i consider a lot of women to be noise machines: Nothing more, nothing less.
Lol

Old 02-08-2011, 06:43 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,315,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
Why men do not listen to women?
As you age the ability to hear the higher sound ranges begins to go. You may have damage caused from too much high noises like your music players or heavy equipment or gun discharges. Womens voice are mostly of a frequency (young kids voices are about the same) that is amongst the first to be lost. So after awhile most conversations with women resemble the whamp..wah sounds like in a Peanuts TV cartoon of adult speech. Especially this is the case when they are in drone on mode, or requesting assistance to do things like take out the trash or perhaps mow the lawn.

So I am not ignoring them, I just can not make out what the noise means.
Isn't this "gender bashing?"

Old 02-08-2011, 07:05 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
Isn't this "gender bashing?"
No, it was intended as humor. The bashing comes in when the woman hits me with a frying pan for being annoying.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:10 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Why men do not listen to women?
As you age the ability to hear the higher sound ranges begins to go. You may have damage caused from too much high noises like your music players or heavy equipment or gun discharges. Womens voice are mostly of a frequency (young kids voices are about the same) that is amongst the first to be lost. So after awhile most conversations with women resemble the whamp..wah sounds like in a Peanuts TV cartoon of adult speech. Especially this is the case when they are in drone on mode, or requesting assistance to do things like take out the trash or perhaps mow the lawn.

So I am not ignoring them, I just can not make out what the noise means.
Funny, but I do know my husband is going a bit deaf. I've learned to make sure I have his full attention if I need to tell him something important. Otherwise, he'll make appropriate noises ("Yeah ... mm-hmm ... okay ...") but disavow all knowledge later.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:23 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Funny, but I do know my husband is going a bit deaf.
I will say, that for me that does have a hearing loss from too much occupational exposure to high noises and my enjoyment of the shooting sports when I was younger, a lot of women voices are difficult to make out what they are saying. I can compensate quite a bit since I am very good at filling in gaps by having a near total word recognition. Though I will say that woman that deliberate talk in sotto-voice or fail to properly enuciate their words are getting more and more difficult for me to make out. It seems that a lot of younger woman are prone to this from the culture of today. It is almost like they do not want to be understood.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:24 AM

Quote:
No, it was intended as humor. The bashing comes in when the woman hits me with a frying pan for being annoying.
Watch out for "flying" frying pans...

Old 02-08-2011, 07:37 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
I will say, that for me that does have a hearing loss from too much occupational exposure to high noises and my enjoyment of the shooting sports when I was younger, a lot of women voices are difficult to make out what they are saying. I can compensate quite a bit since I am very good at filling in gaps by having a near total word recognition. Though I will say that woman that deliberate talk in sotto-voice or fail to properly enuciate their words are getting more and more difficult for me to make out. It seems that a lot of younger woman are prone to this from the culture of today. It is almost like they do not want to be understood.
For him, it was too much loud music, cranking his Walkman up to 10 and all. And I do have the tendency to speak more softly and with less enunciation than I used to, and apparently in the morning I outright mumble. At least I can work on my problem! I figure in another 10 or 15 years we'll be shouting back and forth.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:12 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,640,686 times
Quote:
I was surprised to find out that one friend was a "big complainer." She didn't show me this "side" right at first. It took awhile...Guess she waited until she felt more comfortable with me...
I've experienced this well. It takes time to get comfortable with someone where you can truly let them see who you really are. For some people, that just takes longer.

Quote:
It's never easy to end relationships especially when a friend or partner has a lot of "good qualities" too that we enjoy...But if a relationship starts to cause me a lot of "grief" and headaches it's just not mentally healthy to stick around.
I agree. A friend can have a lot of great qualities, but if they're causing you too much grief, then it isn't worth sticking around for.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:04 AM

Denny...Thanks for posting. It's weird how some people can seem "one way" for such a long time and be "so different" later on...It's spooky! It makes it hard to trust anyone at times...Don't you think?...I wonder if there might be more "early clues" that we can look for in the beginning. This is what I'm trying to do now. I'm playing detective and looking for "clues" when I first meet people these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships