Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 05:31 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times

Advertisements

I'd really be interested to know how many of the female respondents on this thread have personally either had an abortion, given up a child for adoption or both. Seems there's a lot of gum-flapping going on about women who had abortions and were traumatized and scarred for life - all based solely on second hand stories and hearsay. No mention at all of the "what-ifs" a woman who's given up a child for adoption feels or the trauma attached to that.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:27 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
I'd really be interested to know how many of the female respondents on this thread have personally either had an abortion, given up a child for adoption or both. Seems there's a lot of gum-flapping going on about women who had abortions and were traumatized and scarred for life - all based solely on second hand stories and hearsay. No mention at all of the "what-ifs" a woman who's given up a child for adoption feels or the trauma attached to that.
No doubt, giving up a baby for adoption has the same traumatic impact as an abortion does for many women, but at least you'd know your baby was alive and well, living a better life than you could give it

Old 02-01-2011, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
No doubt, giving up a baby for adoption has the same traumatic impact as an abortion does for many women, but at least you'd know your baby was alive and well, living a better life than you could give it
And you have been there, done that?

Old 02-01-2011, 08:36 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
And you have been there, done that?
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China??

I don't have to have been burned with 3rd degree burns in a house fire to know that would hurt like hell.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:12 AM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
With all that against them, neither one are in a position to DATE.

What a mess. What. A. Mess.

Why in hell does this happen in this day and age? No EXCUSE. NO EXCUSE.
I think birth control and the abortion option are part of the problem. People act like birth control is 100% effective and the abortion option always lurks in the background as an option. Sooooo, people are much less careful about who they go to bed with than they were before these were common options.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China??

I don't have to have been burned with 3rd degree burns in a house fire to know that would hurt like hell.
A poor analogy, in my opinion. It would be a rare person who has never been physically burned to some degree at some point and knows that it's painful.

I'm simply making the point that the OP asked, "What would you do?", not, "What are your opinions on abortion", and thus begged the question of those with some experience about the subject in question. I don't think he was asking for a long back and forth debate about the morality issues nor deserves the input of the moral right castigating him left, right and center and so readily accusing him for what he and his girlfriend have assumedly done or have not done or may or may not do.

If the shoe fits then wear it but the moral debate which he didn't ask about is better addressed in the appropriate forums, and notwithstanding.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:18 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post

I don't even know where to begin.

20yrsinBranson
That is what I am saying too~!!!

These parents are real troopers. Letting their daughter bang a bunch of guys getting knocked up and all in their basement.

Wow!!! What is with this generation?!?!?! ANOTHER GRANDKID??? YAY!!

Old 02-01-2011, 09:21 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post

These parents are real troopers. Letting their daughter bang a bunch of guys getting knocked up and all in their basement.

As has been pointed out, this woman has two children from a previous marriage. Hardly the same thing as banging a bunch of guys.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post

Where did THAT comment come from?

Old 02-01-2011, 09:26 AM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedpuppet View Post
He didn't come on here to be judged by u people...he came here for an advice. Yea its free country and u can voice ur opinion, but he didn't ask for u people to tell him how to protect from pregnancies, so why bother?
That's true. But I think a lot of us are frustrated because the best option for all parties would be adoption....and that's not even being considered. Not suprising, though.Unwise people make bad decisions and then don't even consider the best option.

Instead, we're supposed to choose which is the lesser evil between abortion (which might be killing another human being) or raising another kid that neither are prepared to raise. That really s*cks when there's a better option.

Last edited by mysticaltyger; 02-01-2011 at 10:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships