Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2011, 01:08 AM

3,376 posts, read 6,100,513 times

Advertisements

I've come close to getting "hooked up" with someone a few times, but either I didn't see it coming or I wasn't ready for it yet.

I'm 27 now and still have yet to experience that "special time" in a mans life.
But, I live life everyday and do what I can to not let it get me down.
The way I see it, things like this will happen when they want to happen.

At the same time, I strive to involve myself in a situation where I will actually be useful to a woman I'm attracted to.
As greasy and dirty as mechanical work is, I'm finding it more easier to go out and strike up conversations with a "potential someone" by talking about their car.
I may ride a bicycle anywhere, but when you start rattling off details about the operation of their xBs fuel-injection, you're a shocking person right off the bat in a good way.

Yeah, so get toned up, grow a mustache/goatee, shave the head, and pick up Haynes manual to a popular car!!!

Old 03-27-2011, 01:15 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,051,825 times
I really don't care.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:54 AM

2,782 posts, read 4,163,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstrider View Post
Yeah, so get toned up, grow a mustache/goatee, shave the head, and pick up Haynes manual to a popular car!!!
Well I toned up and shaved my head....

Old 03-27-2011, 08:08 AM

817 posts, read 810,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
I'm very introverted. But I love to debate. So unless we are discussing a pretty interesting topic, usual science, religion or martial arts, you won't get much out of me. I've been this way since I can remember. I can get up in front of large crowds debate, give speeches, and have a "group discussion" about assignments/labs or other topics that require a group effort without a problem. I think I'm a morally good person, I tend to treat people the way they treat me, and I'm very blunt.

Now being introverted, I still have the desire to fall asleep with someone I love and loves me, to walk around holding hands, kissing, doing every day mundane things together and of course sex. Now drunken sex is easy to get (something which I haven't taken advantage of for many years) but a proper relationship.. something no girl seems to want to even try with me.
Now the only thing; something that seems so cruel to me, teenage girls seem to really like me.... sigh.... maybe one of those girls will want to try with me one day, but for now, I've accepted I'm going to be alone for a long long time.
I am exactly the same way, thing is that you are an intellectual person, most women aren't interested in men who are intellectual, people like you would get tagged very quickly as being "boring" although the plethora of topics you could give some insights into would be way more than what most of those women can even imagine, however, they wouldn't like to find this out for the most part, and are constantly chasing after men that are shallow, douchebags, and who tend to play on the "game" that women like, in this case, the chasing game, people like them are usually considered "interesting" by most women and are the one's most sought after.

I have also observed that this has been a predominant phenomenon among American women, most women I have known who aren't from here actually do value those traits you mentioned in a man, and most of them aren't looking to date jerks unlike the women here, so cheer up and focus your horizons beyond the borders.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:19 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,178,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
I am exactly the same way, thing is that you are an intellectual person, most women aren't interested in men who are intellectual, people like you would get tagged very quickly as being "boring" although the plethora of topics you could give some insights into would be way more than what most of those women can even imagine, however, they wouldn't like to find this out for the most part, and are constantly chasing after men that are shallow, douchebags, and who tend to play on the "game" that women like, in this case, the chasing game, people like them are usually considered "interesting" by most women and are the one's most sought after.

I have also observed that this has been a predominant phenomenon among American women, most women I have known who aren't from here actually do value those traits you mentioned in a man, and most of them aren't looking to date jerks unlike the women here, so cheer up and focus your horizons beyond the borders.
Hmm, according to his location he's on the other side of the planet from US borders.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:53 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,179,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
If you need to bust a nut, just to cope, find a fat depressed girl and be real nice to her. Pretty soon you'll be rocking each others worlds (wear a condom).
This is disgusting and manipulative. Would you also say to a young woman- "If you are wanting someone to spend money on you, find a fat older guy who just went through a divorce and be nice to him"?

Old 03-27-2011, 09:01 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,179,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
Pre-adults are 12-15. And pliable young flesh is 12-24. After 24 people just loose their looks fast. I have had many wonderful conversations with women who were 14 and 16 in Eastern Europe. And women near my age were just mean and materialistic. I guess with aging you realise that the most important thing in the world is money. And nothing else.
From this post it sounds like men your age are mean and judgmental and materialistic...hmmm, wonder if that's why women aren't banging down your doors.
(Also- anyone chasing 14 year olds in other countries would be considered a perv by most people...just sayin...)

Old 03-27-2011, 04:19 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,994,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
From this post it sounds like men your age are mean and judgmental and materialistic...hmmm, wonder if that's why women aren't banging down your doors.
(Also- anyone chasing 14 year olds in other countries would be considered a perv by most people...just sayin...)
Perv? Lol maybe ONLY IN THE U.S. But this is also coming from the stupid country that has the highest drinking age for any modern(or advanced) society. And it also one of the only with no universal health care. Also has prostitution illegal and strictly enforced. Go around the world. You can find a prostitute as easy as you can find a joint in the states. Not only do the people like to pretend they are hollier than thou. The people abuse the most of young children, and illegal and legal drugs. Plus we have some of the highest pre-marital birth rates in the world and most teens getting pregnant. So yeah, I don't care what a puritan wannabe says. Look at yourself and worry about yourself and no one else.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:57 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,979,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
Another thing is i went through a fase where i was a huge marijuana addict, I have since stopped but not before I managed to screw up a job i had which took me 2 YEARS to get. Now Im stuck no job again in this bad economy(honestly I only have myself to blame for that), but no friends so noone to hang out with. The only people I know seem to smoke weed or wanna have a drinking party all the time, smdh. I just don't get it, why can't people learn? I know I have.

If you don't have a job you are not supposed to be thinking about dating. All your energy should be toward getting a job

Old 03-27-2011, 06:05 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,979,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
You should either stick to women who don't drive or save money for lessons. Most decent women don't care about a mans finances as long as he has either a job or plan of some sort, and thats really the same criteria it seems most decent men have for women!

I had no one teach me how to drive or hand it to me on a silver platter, instead at the age of 18 I took my tips from waitressing, and paid for my own lessons. This is America, if you can't make it here, where on earth can you make it?

Also, you don't get why women don't approach you? Maybe because most women are raised to not chase men and let the man approach them. Unless you are at a bar, expect to have to make the first move or at least put a little effort into meeting women.

Also, if you call money "guap", your dating pool will only consist of hoodrats, please refrain from using idiotic mainstream hip hop slang like guap around any decent women.

Are you in high school or college?

Women who don't drive either want someone who drives or can provide cabfare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.