Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2011, 09:21 PM

817 posts, read 811,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
What planet do you live on?

Lots of women only ever date intellectuals.

Your problem isn't your intelligence, it's your personality
Really? How do you know my personality, are you able to see that sitting behind your computer screen?

Old 03-27-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
^^^^agreed, its becoming quite apparent why some of these men have issues in their dating lives
Did I ever say I had an issue with dating anyone? Did I even mention that I was interested in dating anyone? Lol, looks like you live in your world of assumptions.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:32 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,655,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
^^^^agreed, its becoming quite apparent why some of these men have issues in their dating lives
Like who?

Old 03-27-2011, 09:38 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,655,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
If you don't have a job you are not supposed to be thinking about dating. All your energy should be toward getting a job
Im looking for a job, but If I don't find one by July Im just gonna go to a community college to learn something. Im one who doesn't want to work and try and learn at the same time. Im thinking about some charity work, Im thinking that probably looks good on an application, and gives me something to do and the oppurtunity to meet new people.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:48 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
Really? How do you know my personality, are you able to see that sitting behind your computer screen?
I can see it too.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
I can see it too.
No sheeyt SHERLOCK

Old 03-27-2011, 11:34 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,054 times
Ah, the ol "you don't know me" and-then-send-an-inflammatory-PM ploy...
typical defense mechanism for passive-aggressiveness whenever they've been read out for who they truely are.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:58 PM

2,167 posts, read 3,386,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post
If you're a men and frustrated at being single then please post in this thread. We can share tips and hints on getting out of this sad situation.

I'm 20 and I'm at college. I've never had a girlfriend and it's pretty depressing.

I'm not interested in going to clubs or bars so it's difficult to find girls. I've been to a bar once at 12:00AM and most of the girls there are either with a boyfriend or with a gigantic group of other girls.

I'm pretty average. I'm not looking to date hot girls but just average girls. It's just shocking to find how hard it is to find a girlfriend. I've tried, I've gotten rejected several times and I'm about to give up meeting girls the normal way.

I'm trying to improve my body by going to the gym more often and eating less meat.

I might try some PUA techniques soon. I think they are ridiculous but it's analogous to a terminal patient wanting to try out a new medical procedure from Russia. Being desperate makes a person take more risks.

I'm going to try this out and I'll probably report in two weeks.

Where to meet girls - Fast Seduction 101 Player Guide
That website had me laughing. The suggestion about going into a shopping mall and scouting out random women and asking them to hold clothes up to themselves is ridiculous. Who does that?

Finding a significant other is a trial and error process. Probably the most important thing you can do is stay busy. If you spend all day thinking about the girlfriend you don't have, you will be miserable and it will reflect in your body language. Be yourself, do something you enjoy, and hopefully you'll find someone who shares your same interests. Your comment about attending a gym is a good start...it is something that will keep you busy and give you something to break the ice with when on a date. There are two main things girls want in a guy: someone who is passionate about whatever he does or enjoys, and someone who will make them feel safe and secure. Creepy seduction tips from a website don't make them feel secure and they will see right through it.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:50 AM

2,782 posts, read 4,165,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
I am exactly the same way, thing is that you are an intellectual person, most women aren't interested in men who are intellectual, people like you would get tagged very quickly as being "boring" although the plethora of topics you could give some insights into would be way more than what most of those women can even imagine, however, they wouldn't like to find this out for the most part, and are constantly chasing after men that are shallow, douchebags, and who tend to play on the "game" that women like, in this case, the chasing game, people like them are usually considered "interesting" by most women and are the one's most sought after.

I have also observed that this has been a predominant phenomenon among American women, most women I have known who aren't from here actually do value those traits you mentioned in a man, and most of them aren't looking to date jerks unlike the women here, so cheer up and focus your horizons beyond the borders.
That's very kind of you to say, though my experience with females tends to be at conflict with your statement.
I do have a few observations I'd like to share; on the the points you just made. In the general location where I live, there is a small bunch of guys who has sex with the majority of girls. These guys are a bit shallow, we all are; but the one's I know are not douche bags. These girls sleep with them willingly hoping that this "hot" extrovert will fall for her.

I've also notice, that many girls think it's alright to act like the classic douchebags. An example I have; this example, is the reason I started searching through the "relationships" forum, looking for answers. One of my long time friends, married his high school sweet heart in February. A few weeks ago, one of my female friends who went to his fiancee hens night showed me a few pictures of what happen that night. They had a male stripper. In these pictures, they had some of these girls, including my friends fiancee with their hands all over him, kneeling in front of him, grinding on him while he was completely naked. I couldn't hardly believe my eyes. Some of these girls have partners, and somehow thought it would be alright to give a hand job and suck a male stripper!
I have never been to a strip club, but the though of rubbing and licking a strippers clitoris or breast, who has many other men doing the same, night after night absolutely disgusts me.

I did once, wanted to try and have a relationship with some of these girls; they are all beautiful, and have fantastic personalities, but after seeing those pictures, I'll never look at them the same way.
It makes me wonder if I do find someone, how many of these "hot" extrovert guys has she had sex with, and is she the type to do these disgusting acts on strangers? I don't want to touch someone like this. The more i find out about girls like this, the more I'm glad they ignore me.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:53 AM

2,782 posts, read 4,165,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
What planet do you live on?

Lots of women only ever date intellectuals.

Your problem isn't your intelligence, it's your personality
I agree, I'm boring and blunt bad combination if you want to impress girls..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships