U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2011, 05:07 AM

547 posts, read 1,367,199 times

Advertisements

If you're a men and frustrated at being single then please post in this thread. We can share tips and hints on getting out of this sad situation.

I'm 20 and I'm at college. I've never had a girlfriend and it's pretty depressing.

I'm not interested in going to clubs or bars so it's difficult to find girls. I've been to a bar once at 12:00AM and most of the girls there are either with a boyfriend or with a gigantic group of other girls.

I'm pretty average. I'm not looking to date hot girls but just average girls. It's just shocking to find how hard it is to find a girlfriend. I've tried, I've gotten rejected several times and I'm about to give up meeting girls the normal way.

I'm trying to improve my body by going to the gym more often and eating less meat.

I might try some PUA techniques soon. I think they are ridiculous but it's analogous to a terminal patient wanting to try out a new medical procedure from Russia. Being desperate makes a person take more risks.

I'm going to try this out and I'll probably report in two weeks.

Quote:
Gourmet Coffee Shops. Before work, at lunch and after work these places are packed with girls. Sometimes the more packed the place, the better because you may have to share a table with "someone". If it's not very busy you can still ask to sit next to a beautiful girl. Just tell her that you don't like to sit alone and if she'd mind you sitting with her till you're done with your drink.

If you're sitting together might as well talk about something. And remember this is a gourmet coffee shop. These girls don't come here for the coffee, they come here for the specialty coffee, and they come for the frills and sometimes even the prestige associated with a particular specialty coffee shop.

So what do you talk about?

Her favorite drink and why she likes it over regular coffee, how does it make her feel and so on. Try and talk in detail about the different sensations and aromas. Women love descriptive talk in detail especially if it involves something that can even be compared to a sexual sensation.

The whipped cream, the cherry on top, how the blend of the coffee with the different liqueurs reminds you of a hot and steamy Latin love dance stimulating your taste buds beyond comparison etc. I guess while you are at the library you can pick up some books on gourmet foods and specialty drinks to learn the language fine critics use to describe them. Believe me, talking like that can make a girl melt even though you're only talking about a specialty coffee, because you end up planting all these wonderful images in her mind by using metaphors.
http://www.fastseduction.com/guide/0...ere2meet.shtml
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2011, 06:35 AM

9,397 posts, read 13,234,904 times
Yeah it's really bloody frustrating. The thing I hate the most about it is there's no set way to fix the problem. Like, if you're getting bad grades then just study better. Go to office hours, talk to your teacher, go over your notes and do extra practice problems. If you're out of shape, then go to the gym (even just walking an hour a day will make you somewhat healthy, no you won't look like Arnold but you'll be more fit than if you're sedentary). If you're hungry, get some food.

Whereas there's no clear-cut route to finding a woman. Some people say do this, then others counter that it's a terrible idea, then a third party comes up with their own thoughts, and you suffocate from the information overload. Some will say to use PUA techniques while others say to just be yourself. Vague instructions abound as well ("improve yourself").

I've said it many times but if I could somehow remove that need to, well, feel loved then my life would be much simpler.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:05 AM
Ep-

2,069 posts, read 3,539,910 times
make some friends, go to the bars in a group. it will be much more fun. just walk up to people and talk. i've walked up to full groups of girls by myself not giving a ****. sometimes i just do it to chat and dont even try and get any numbers.

your in school so go involve yourself in things that put you in social situations. there should be so many clubs and events that the possibilities are endless.

sit next to a cute girl in class and strike up a conversation. get to know her a bit and ask if she wants to study sometime.

bottom line is you gotta try more bud. youll get shot down in the process but it happens to everyone just gotta keep trying. i wish i was still in school cuz the possibilties were endless as long as one is willing to take the initiative to start a conversation.

Old 01-29-2011, 12:54 PM

1,010 posts, read 1,118,353 times
I may have been at some point, but I wouldn't say that now. I've been single for two years. I am who I am and will not change who am for anybody. Do I have my flaws? Yeah, we all do. Happiness comes from within, you have to accept and like who you are. I would say that PUA's are nothing but savy people out to get your money. That whole concept of "creating attraction" and "making women fall for you" is all bullsh*t. Either a girl likes you or she doesn't. Bars are NOT always the best places to meet girls either. This is especially true if you are quiet and introverted like me. You're in school, you might be better off meeting a girl that way, or by social networking. You are 20 years old, that's young. I had a serious relationship my junior year of high school, then when that ended I didn't have another serious relationship until I was 27! The more you go looking for it the more frustrating it will be. I don't know about Canada, but here in the US women by and large are very picky and superficial. There's many reasons for this, which I won't get into here because it's off topic, but that's just the way it is. Also, if you're looking to bulk up you want to eat more meat. Meat has protein. Protein builds muscle

Old 01-29-2011, 01:00 PM

4,379 posts, read 4,274,327 times
Maybe not presume that dating is/should be the be all and end all of life.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:30 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,507,239 times
You're in college so there is plenty of opportunity but you have to get to it, opportunity seldom comes to you. I would get involved in clubs and organizations that are about the things you are interested in and care about. Unless you choose something which will not appeal to most women there will be women there and right off the bat you know you have something in common that can be the starter of conversation. Better yet something that involves an activity that you will share with others who are there. Be yourself, having boobs does not make you stupid and most girls will see through the fake better you 5 minutes into a conversation. An added bonus is you are doing something you care about and enjoy outside of any romantic possibilities.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:32 PM

1,098 posts, read 1,506,377 times
I got over the whole frustration nonsense after I turned 26, sometimes being by yourself gives you time to reflect on your life and learn lessons from your past.

Eventually, I came to the conclusion that I've dodged several bullets with a few women in my time. I see them every once in a while: They've become out of shape, bitter, emotionally unstable, tons of debt, kids without a dad, hooked on anti-depressants, etc. "That could of been me" I would think to myself.

I think our culture is responsible for trying to make us feel guilty that we don't have someone in our lives. Sure, I still hear all the typical shaming language, guilt trips, and ridicule to this day, but once you learn the sheer idiocy of it all you can't help but laugh at it all.

Don't misunderstand, if a guy finds a woman and share and treat each other with equal respect and love more power to him, but in this day and age it's looking very bleak. I'd say, don't feel depressed about not having a g/f, but embrace the freedom of living instead.

You'll still have your chance to settle down later on, if you choose to that is. Don't rush it.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:52 PM

199 posts, read 412,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post
If you're a men and frustrated at being single then please post in this thread. We can share tips and hints on getting out of this sad situation.

I'm 20 and I'm at college. I've never had a girlfriend and it's pretty depressing.

I'm not interested in going to clubs or bars so it's difficult to find girls. I've been to a bar once at 12:00AM and most of the girls there are either with a boyfriend or with a gigantic group of other girls.

I'm pretty average. I'm not looking to date hot girls but just average girls. It's just shocking to find how hard it is to find a girlfriend. I've tried, I've gotten rejected several times and I'm about to give up meeting girls the normal way.

I'm trying to improve my body by going to the gym more often and eating less meat.

I might try some PUA techniques soon. I think they are ridiculous but it's analogous to a terminal patient wanting to try out a new medical procedure from Russia. Being desperate makes a person take more risks.

Where to meet girls - Fast Seduction 101 Player Guide
Dude meat is your best friend when it comes to putting on muscle lol. Meat is loaded with protein. I used to be a twig like a year ago but now I put on a good 10 pounds or so by going to the gym and eating like a monster.

But anyways we have to know what you are doing wrong or what you are failing to do to know how to help you out.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:01 PM

3,487 posts, read 6,125,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post

Where to meet girls - Fast Seduction 101 Player Guide
Yea report back... I am interested to see if that stuff works at all. To me it all sounds bogus... I would think a guy is a super creepy ah0le if I ever encountered those techniques. But you never know.

I think what works are to increase time of interaction, proximity, and degree of spontaneous fun. There isn't a shortcut to finding a girlfriend. But if you want to find women to date casually that is a bit different.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:02 PM

35,817 posts, read 39,361,269 times
None...or so I'm told on the "Why men don't listen to women" thread. Single men are happy men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships