Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 07:08 PM

36 posts, read 42,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose3408 View Post
He can tell you whatever he wants, and that is the only leverage he has, telling you he will quit his job and you'll get nothing. WRONG. You are BOTH entitled to 50% of your assets.

And if he thinks he will "quit his job," think again. The court will order him to pay child support and/or alimony. If he doesn't he goes directly to jail.

Trust me, they talk a big talk.

Get to a shelter. If one is full, find another and they will assist you with everything. It's VERY IMPORTANT though that you call the police whenever he gets abusive, so there is official documentation of his abuse. Not to mention, if you call the police, they will make certain to put you and your children in a shelter.
Thanks Rose
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolVa1977 View Post
Statically speaking, it takes a battered woman 7 times before she leaves for good.

I take you are not familiar with abuse. I volunteer for a domestic violence program and all I can say is battered women live in prisons in their mind. Therapists are needed to help them. No offense , but this OP needs help. If one can not help....
Thanks Carol

Old 02-01-2011, 07:52 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,373,453 times
Please stay safe. I am here if you ever need to talk. Just DM.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:21 PM

769 posts, read 1,013,397 times
call the cops next time he tries to attack

Old 02-02-2011, 12:57 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS738 View Post
Thanks Jill

Old 02-02-2011, 03:36 PM

111 posts, read 208,676 times
Default Isolated?

C'mon people, how "isolated" could she be. She managed to get on this forum and post a note. Which means she access to a computer, could also go to other web sites for abuse, etc., send out a message, giving her name, address and situation and they will come out and help her.

A person can even go to the "city's web site," and send an email asking them to send the police. Furthermore, she said she ordered a phone? Which means she is getting the mail. She could put a note in her mail box asking the postman to please send help.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:06 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Be careful, I got royally flamed for suggesting the same thing. Apparently I was not being "helpful."

Some feel very strongly that it is not necessary to move one's kids out of an abusive, dysfunctional household UNTIL mom is totally comfy with her decision and feels "ready." Mustn't rush these things.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:40 PM

Once again , I thank everyone that reached out and offered resources and advice during this very trying season in my life. You guys were very influentual from the support and kindness that you have shown. Although there are obviously some that were negative and here for the wrong reasons, the good ones really out weighed the bad seeds and I am so very grateful for your support that you've given.
God bless

Last edited by MS738; 02-02-2011 at 05:01 PM..

Old 02-02-2011, 07:32 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,296 times
Quote:
Once again , I thank everyone that reached out and offered resources and advice during this very trying season in my life. You guys were very influentual from the support and kindness that you have shown. Although there are obviously some that were negative and here for the wrong reasons, the good ones really out weighed the bad seeds and I am so very grateful for your support that you've given.
God bless
I hope everything works out for you and your children. You seem very familiar. I know what your profile says, but are you from Canada?

Old 02-02-2011, 07:58 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,461,160 times
Quote:
God bless
I find prayer, in addition to taking steps, helps too. For example I have had to go back to her house twice in the past week and I prayed that I am safe and that she feels no desire to be violent. The first time she was there but completely calm and the second time she wasn't even home. That's completely out of character for her because the idea of me leaving made her violent before and she goes months at a time without leaving the house--in other words, it's very rare for her to not be home. At worst prayer does nothing and at best it helps, so you can't lose either way. Pray for protection and peace. Pray in positives and it will naturally repel his negative energy. My best of luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships