Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 03:52 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,812,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
she has the laugh of a hyena with the occasional pigglet "oik" in between... true story...
LOL!

Oh dear god... Sometimes I snort laugh when I really get going. Just a little one. Singular. But still.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2015, 04:26 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Jeeze now this thread has me thinking.I was recently friendzoned.

Read through the thread; so I'm...

A-unattractive
B-not sexually compatible
C-annoying personalty quirks

Honestly I think he just found another chick....men.

Old 06-14-2015, 04:32 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,629,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
1.If she's dating a close friend of mine. Obvious No-brainer lol.
2.If I don't find her sexually attractive.
Exactly, that's it. I don't have girl friends so there is no "friend zone" but as a single guy that would be it.

Old 06-14-2015, 05:05 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
If I'm not interested.

In college I used to study with girls quite often. As engineering students we were there often til 3 or 4 in the morning.

Just kind of normal. I didn't think about making a move, wasn't too interested. It was nice having people to study with though.

Old 06-14-2015, 05:21 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,702,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post

A-unattractive

I've seen this happen (finding another chick part). I have friends who have friend zoned women (and female friends who have friendzoned men) who were attractive and pretty nice and decent people; but they were busy pining or chasing after someone else that they basically "didn't notice" and friendzoned someone else while they were busy thinking of another person.

I think those other things are definitely a factor and the most common reasons, but I think a few of guys here looking at this aren't considering the situation if they already have another romantic interest (whether that's a girlfriend or someone they want to be their girlfriend).

Old 06-14-2015, 05:34 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
I've seen this happen (finding another chick part). I have friends who have friend zoned women (and female friends who have friendzoned men) who were attractive and pretty nice and decent people; but they were busy pining or chasing after someone else that they basically "didn't notice" and friendzoned someone else while they were busy thinking of another person.

I think those other things are definitely a factor and the most common reasons, but I think a few of guys here looking at this aren't considering the situation if they already have another romantic interest (whether that's a girlfriend or someone they want to be their girlfriend).
Yeah I figure he found some hot chick to tickle his fancy.

Old 06-14-2015, 06:00 PM

520 posts, read 532,021 times
There is no friends zone for guys LOL I laughed when I saw this because that is only for when girls put a guy in there. A guy wants to and would sleep with you any time regardless if you are just "friends". Wouldnt even matter.

Old 06-14-2015, 06:36 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,702,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meyers View Post
There is no friends zone for guys LOL I laughed when I saw this because that is only for when girls put a guy in there. A guy wants to and would sleep with you any time regardless if you are just "friends". Wouldnt even matter.
You make men sounds like hormonal animals who can't control themselves. My group of friends includes men and women and no one is out to get into anyone else pants. For one thing (except me and one other person) they are all married or have live-in girlfriends/boyfriends.

It's seems to me a lot of the answers are coming from men who are very young, single, and can't imagine having a special woman in their lives. Some men are indeed loyal and trustworthy to their women and actually make friends with women with no intention of hooking up with her later. Maybe all men aren't like this of course (some cheat on their wives and girlfriends), but most men are able to think at a higher level and actually like a woman and just be friends with her without ulterior motives.

Old 06-14-2015, 06:37 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post

A-unattractive

Pffff, you stopped talking to me baby.

You're my one and only.

Old 06-14-2015, 06:48 PM

520 posts, read 532,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
You make men sounds like hormonal animals who can't control themselves. My group of friends includes men and women and no one is out to get into anyone else pants. For one thing (except me and one other person) they are all married or have live-in girlfriends/boyfriends.

It's seems to me a lot of the answers are coming from men who are very young, single, and can't imagine having a special woman in their lives. Some men are indeed loyal and trustworthy to their women and actually make friends with women with no intention of hooking up with her later. Maybe all men aren't like this of course (some cheat on their wives and girlfriends), but most men are able to think at a higher level and actually like a woman and just be friends with her without ulterior motives.
Thats not what Im saying at all. While yeah, I can see as you get older and your testosterone drops you might have platonic female friends that you discuss higher thoughts with. Having said that, there is absolutely nothing analagous to a friends zone for guys. I mean we would never put a girl in a box that says just friends and nothing more. I mean yeah if thats all your getting and your enjoying your time together thats one thing, but there is no box like that. A guy would always still get with the girl given the opportunity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships