U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Would you ever date a loner or consider dating one?
Yes 75 89.29%
No 9 10.71%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 10:48 AM

12,890 posts, read 11,866,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Why is "loner" presumed to be a pejorative term? The loneliest place in the world for many people is a party. Loners are oftentimes far more intelligent, witty, erudite and compelling than the party-animal type.

Some here seem to confuse "loner" with "pathologically anti social." A loner is merely someone who enjoys their own company, spends a lot of time alone and is comfortable with that.
The wolf has always been misunderstood and feared by the sheep...

Quote:
Courtship and Bonding

When the two are about to mate, they bond, sleeping close and touching each other more and more. They will approach each other making quiet whining sounds, mouth each others muzzles, touch noses, and bump there bodies together. There may be mutual grooming and nibbling of each others coats and the two may walk pressed close together. The Male may bow to the female, toss and tilt his head, and lay his legs over her neck in what could only be described as a flirting manner. The two may even sleep side by side.

As the courtship progresses, the male will smell the genital region of the female to determine her readiness to mate, his tongue flicking in and out, testing the air for traces of her sex hormones, If she is not sexually receptive, she will repel the male with growls and snaps of her jaws.
Wolf Country, reproduction, bonding and mating
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 04:21 PM

27,238 posts, read 25,079,671 times
^Even wolves tend to run in packs.

My motivation is "me and you against the world". The world is not to be trusted.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:32 PM

1,911 posts, read 2,436,943 times
I think I would connect better with someone who was more of a loner, than someone who is a huge social butterfly. Not too long ago I made some post about basically just wanting a boyfriend who also is a best friend. I had that with an ex, and that was probably when I was the happiest in my life. I realize many guys around my age in theirs 20s-30s, are still into bars, clubs, and spending hours out on the weekends with friends and meeting girls, so the idea of finding a guy that isn't into that scene would raise my interest.

I have gone out with a few guys that were perfectly nice and I enjoyed spending time with them, but I could see that they were really into the "going out" and drinking scene and I knew I would hate being a part of that. I would get invited to places with their friends and everything, but would politely decline the invites which in turned, killed any relationship because we just didn't have that lifestyle part in common. None loner types would have killed to have been in my shoes because one of the guy's best friends is a famous baseball player and invited me to go to all these VIP clubs in LA with all drinks covered and a limo covered, but I declined LOL. A couple of my friends were annoyed because these were places that they wanted to go to, but would have to wait forever to have gotten in.

Nope. Still not interested despite it being desired!

Old 01-30-2011, 05:31 PM

12,890 posts, read 11,866,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
^Even wolves tend to run in packs.

My motivation is "me and you against the world". The world is not to be trusted.
I was referring to the "lone wolf".

I disagree that the world is not to be trusted - I have no problem with the world. It's just the people IN it that I don't trust...

Old 01-30-2011, 05:34 PM

14,648 posts, read 16,103,249 times
Yep. Married one too. Two peas in a pod, we are.

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-30-2011, 05:40 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,050,585 times
Loners are by far the better partner in a long-term relationship or marriage. Loners are instinctively more intelligent, interesting and monogamous than wild extroverts.

THINK: BILL CLINTON. (Wild extrovert... massively unfaithful).

Old 01-30-2011, 05:47 PM

6,927 posts, read 2,618,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Loners are by far the better partner in a long-term relationship or marriage. Loners are instinctively more intelligent, interesting and monogamous than wild extroverts.

THINK: BILL CLINTON. (Wild extrovert... massively unfaithful).
Ulysses, I agree!!! I'm a loner and a better partner for me is also a loner. We enjoy each others company, but don't need outside entertainment to keep us happy.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:55 PM

1,125 posts, read 846,025 times
Speaking as a loner-lite*, I would say yes. When I see couples in each other's company ALL THE TME, I wonder how they can stand each other.

I prefer someone who enjoys my company, but is not dependent on that. Yes, such a person will possess a character that allows them to leave relationships with relative ease. However, we'd ironically have a better relationship for that character.

*Although I can spend days without meaningful contact with people, even I require to visit a particular group of friends. Even when content in a group (visiting a friend & family), I still need some hours at night to unwind.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:33 PM

600 posts, read 828,234 times
I'm a loner, so I would PREFER to date another loner.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,511 times
I to am a loner have been for years. Iv tried to figure out why been in a couple long relationships which went well .
But lately it's been just date one after the other never happy with whome I'm with picking them apart in my head
Looking for a reason to push them away .When I'm with somebody after awhile I wishing they would leave or I start regretting having them over be use I would rather be alone .I haven't had any guy friends since high school just don't have anything in common .I don't watch sports go to bars don't understand.I want a woman in my life but being the way I am plus being OCD about cleaning and organization doesn't mix well I know who ever I meet will have friends and will feel like a third wheel and she will wonder why I don't have any friends .Iv tried every dating site known to man thinking this will be the one I find a woman just like me .

Kinda like that episode of Seinfelfd where he meets the girl who likes and dislikes everything like him .Iv told my mom I need a custom made woman to my specs Plus I worry what people r going to think of her don't know why I'm 46 and shouldn't matter .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships