Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 04:07 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,681,324 times

Advertisements

Most desirable women are too busy fending off ardent suitors to worry about all those timid men waiting in the sidelines for a "signal".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 04:07 PM

61 posts, read 92,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What do you want women to do exactly? Undress you and help you find the hole?
Here is your internet. You owe me a keyboard.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:09 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
See, this is why I'm starting to hate asking for advice on women.
Your best bet is not to ask women for advice! Many/most are either self-unaware or dishonest when answering such questions. The sites targeting men are a lot more honest about how things work in reality.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeChick View Post
Here is your internet. You owe me a keyboard.
Eh, it'll dry up.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:15 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,796,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaqout0 View Post
Query to you ladies... You've met a man. Not sure yet if he's "the man" so you drop a couple of your little signs/flirts/hints or whatever you wish to have them refered to as. He doesen't respond in the exact manner or fashion that you would like him to. Perhaps even worse (gasp) he doesen't seem to have picked up on your subtlety at all. What a moron/ape/dumb... Get the picture? Your average guy (neanderthalus-americanus) is not in search of coquetish manerisms (femailia without-dateus). How about a smile and "Hello."? History has proven this method for the better part of 50,000 years or so now. And guys, if she's a bit to much into the "if he's Mr. Right he'll know exactly what 'this' means" game; it's possible that she is still connected to some idealized dream guy she conjured up from a romance novel she read as a girl. Or just some princess/drama queen that thinks way to much of herself in which case, not worth the effort.
I've met a guy and he was a little slow. We talked every morning for about 2 weeks (we rode to work together on our rail system). I asked, hey would you like my number. He said, yes.

We talked off/on. I finally give up. I'm not going to waste my time on a slow talking and slow acting man.

Him: How are you
Me: Okay and you
Him: Would you go out with me sometime
Me: Of course I would. Are you looking for me to ask
Him: I don't mind a woman taking charge
Me: Oh really
Him: Well, ummm, oooh, so, you'll go out with me, huh
Me: Yes, I will. I would love to.
Him: Ohh, okay.

Listen, I did everything. I talked to him first. I offered my number. Now, I should ask him out to. Nope. What else. I should offer to have sex as well.

All the conversations were slow. I didn't have time to figure him out. He was deleted from my phone that night.

I started riding on a different car.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:20 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,796,165 times
Quote:
And yet there are plenty who tell you that when she's looking at you and smiling, she's interested.

See, this is why I'm starting to hate asking for advice on women. You get 20 different answers that all contradict each other.
Hurricane, most of us has said the same thing over and over and over again. Smiling, eyes and touching. That is a clear sign.

She was interested. Sounds like, when you're shot down, then you stop hunting women.

A woman looking and smiling. Dude, you couldn't read her. You should go back to the pizza place.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:26 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
Thing is I'm pretty sure she was interested. But in typical Hurricane fashion, I never did anything. Woulda been awkward anyway since I was there with my dad.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Thing is I'm pretty sure she was interested. But in typical Hurricane fashion, I never did anything. Woulda been awkward anyway since I was there with my dad.
Well, you better get a new Hurricane trend going!

Some unsolicited suggestions:

- exercise some
- replace the glasses with contacts
- pay more attention to hair and clothes

Old 01-30-2011, 04:43 PM

61 posts, read 92,662 times
Hey, now... guys with glasses can be hot, too!

Old 01-30-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeChick View Post
Hey, now... guys with glasses can be hot, too!
They can, but in my observations those without get more attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships