Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2011, 08:54 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,835 times

Advertisements

Man.... So many pages of posts to get caught up!
Been so busy that I have not been able to get over here.
But, enjoyed reading all the dialog.
Missed so much, not sure where to begin.

The most recent post that I can relate to, guess that is a good place.
RE: being emotionally engaged for the sex to be any good for Venus in water signs
*raises hand wildly*
and the whole getting attached quick.... Suffered that and said not gonna do that again....yeah.... Right... Damn Capi moon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 09:31 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,515,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donna in az View Post
my friends really seem to be into astrology and the like in determining their mates. I will admit i have looked these things up after meeting someone special but just out of curiosity.

Does it matter to you at all? Do you look into it if you meet someone special and would that affect your approach?
No!!!!!

Old 03-17-2011, 08:14 PM

449 posts, read 516,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
My sister has her Mercury in AQ, devil's advocate, contrarian, makes it a mission to always take an opposite stance. It's not just Mercury in AQ that creates this, it can be Mars/Venus/Moon in AQ. Even I'm guilty of this, at times, don't know where it comes from, perhaps my Uranus in the 1st house.

No matter how well-crafted, how much time I spend stating an opinion to my sister, I always know the outcome: she'll find a way to poke a hole in it.

I walk on eggs every time I converse with her, so predictive, I always know what's coming, she's bound to disagree with me, even if I've laid out an ironclad fact to her. Disagreeing for the sake of disagreement. When these people make this a consistent mission, it gets very old and boring after awhile, which is why I rarely call her anymore.

Arguing is inherent with the 3 air signs, in varying degrees and it's a necessary ingredient to being a lawyer, as all court rooms are nothing more than arguing fields, may the best arguer win!

So! Why doesn't my sister take her Mercury in AQ argumentative skills and become a lawyer and then get paid for arguing or become an argumentative politician?!!!

Yes, Peanut Nore, there's a lawyer, a politician parked in you somewhere. And unlike Libra the Lawyer (perhaps the prosecutor), Aquarius the Lawyer you might see being a Criminal lawyer. Can't you see argumentativeness at its best? Trying to get a serial killer, with overwhelming evidence against him, acquitted!

AQ, like Saj, are two of the most fun-loving signs of the zodiac. Fun, fun, fun, 'til "Daddy takes the T-bird away"! I always see AQ as the party-'til-you-drop sign. And, with my living in Las Vegas, I'm sure this city attracts more than its share of fun-loving, party-animal AQ types. My Pisces sun/AQ moon cousin comes here twice a year, and the partying starts the minute he arrives and doesn't stop until the plane takes off. Air implies sociability.

My last partner, had his Mars in AQ, and he just lived for the next party he would stage at the house, with no less than a hundred people showing up.

Moving from Iowa to Vegas for injections of fun, yeah, not surprised. I would be surprised, and question your birthdate and time of birth, if you had moved from Iowa to Bozeman, Montana!
Tij,

First off, I love my job! I'm a teacher/ speech language pathologist. I can't imagine being in a job that was unrelated to children. I could NEVER be a politician nor a lawyer! I don't think I have the ability to swindle anyone, and I loathe confrontation. I'll go to great distances to avoid a confrontation. Strange, considering I am the devil's advocate in conversation. While I think I am giving "sage advice", others might see that as argumentative.

I'll always take 'the other side' of things, but I don't see myself as argumentative. " Perception IS your reality" right?

I'm rather intrigued by interpersonal relationships and how people can feel like they are acting one way, but their actions are perceived in a completely different way.

On another note...

What do you think of the astrological signs changing due to the Earth's rotation ? I mean, how does that change the field of astrology, or does it? Under the new dates/signs I would be an Aquarius, not a Pisces. And my husband would be a Pisces, not an Aries. I think the general descriptions of these signs would fit us (my hubs and I) more appropriately??

Things that make you go hmmmm.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:28 PM

449 posts, read 516,673 times
Quote:
Any personal placement in Virgo can trigger this. I have my Mars/Saturn in Virgo and I went thru my health-freak stage years ago, but my live-for-the-day Aries Sun and Venus in Pisces finally came to the rescue and duct-taped those placements, and now we blow cigarette smoke into their eyes and gobble down junk food guaranteed to shorten my life.

I work in the health care field and I encounter these hypochrondiacs too often. And, with the extreme cases, even if they had an MRI, Catscan, blood test every month, when they've convinced themselves something is wrong with them, no test will ever give them any peace of mind.

And they can be the most award-winning actors, guaranteed to throw any nurse of Doctor off-course. If the first Dr. they go to, tells them there's nothing wrong with them, out the door they go to another Dr. and another and another until they find one who will find something wrong with them.

Being that two patients must share a room in my facility, the staff put a man with advanced stage of AIDS in with one of my wacko-Virgo-flavored patients and when he found out his roommate has AIDS, OMG! He was convinced, even from breathing the same air in the same room, he was going to get AIDS. Gotta get tested, am I now HIV positive or negative? Tell them they're negative, is that going to bring them peace of mind? One more test, one more test, one more test!
I think my mother must have this in her chart.... She's convinced that her newest prescription of Xanax "must be from Mexico" and isn't really Xanax, despite the label. And that the doctor MUSt HAVE pulled the ole' switcharoo with her mammogram results because *gasp* they came back normal!
She just can't except that she is healthy?? hmmm, why in the world would a doctor prescribe HER xanax??

I'm not that way...I do like reading WebMD, but mostly because I'm interested. I don't REALLY think I have tapeworm, nor Capras Delusion, but i DO want to be prepared, just in case I develop any symptoms!

My biggest trait related to this, would be WORRY. Big worries, Little Worries... being worried that I don't have anything else to worry about.
Oh, and I'm a constant list maker...just because I love the satisfaction of crossing something off the list. Not because I'm organized!

I'm worrying right now that I've derailed this Astrology in Relationships thread....

Old 03-17-2011, 08:44 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut Nore View Post
Tij,

On another note...

What do you think of the astrological signs changing due to the Earth's rotation ? I mean, how does that change the field of astrology, or does it? Under the new dates/signs I would be an Aquarius, not a Pisces. And my husband would be a Pisces, not an Aries. I think the general descriptions of these signs would fit us (my hubs and I) more appropriately??

Things that make you go hmmmm.
You're a single planet Pisces, no other supportive placements in that sign, and with your two placements in AQ why wouldn't you be confused, or identify with AQ? And what does air do to water? Evaporation!

Anyone with only their Sun in any sign, and the rest of their placements in neighboring signs are bound to be confused. I have my Sun in Aries, no other placements in that sign to strengthen it, overwhelmed with three earth placements. My Aries Sun is bombarded, attacked constantly.

Linda Goodman made one of the most profound statements ever: The divine law of astrology is to live up to the essence of your sun sign. That's where the riches, the treasures lie within us all.

When I'm in touch with my Sun sign (not an easy task) I feel I'm at my most powerful.

And many, are more than happy to have their other placements overwhelm their Sun sign, as many hate their sun signs. If you were a single planet Scorpio and you had 2-3 placements in next door fun-loving Saj, or your Moon in fun-loving AQ, how much time would you spend with your Scorpio Sun sign? Zero?

Like I said earlier, I've achieved my aim, to bring you into a state of excited confusion.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:46 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut Nore View Post

I'll go to great distances to avoid a confrontation. Strange, considering I am the devil's advocate in conversation. While I think I am giving "sage advice", others might see that as argumentative.

I'll always take 'the other side' of things, but I don't see myself as argumentative. " Perception IS your reality" right?

That's interesting, I'm kind of the same way at times.

(Aquarius sun, Pisces Moon & Merc)

It's not any kind of desire to argue or have conflict, as it is to help broaded the perspective.

I tell ya, it really bugs me out when people are so fixated on being right and talking blah blah blah, that I will definitely take another stance just to rise to the challenge. It's really not about convincing them of anything other than there is a much larger picture invloved. So it's not really about bringing them over to "my side, as it is just about bringing awareness overall. Yes. Other points of view exist. Let's open those minds, shall we...lol

It's the element of surprise, most likely they are not expecting it

This is a rare treat.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:52 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Quote:

Linda Goodman made one of the most profound statements ever: The divine law of astrology is to live up to the essence of your sun sign. That's where the riches, the treasures lie within us all.

This intrigues me...

Someone once told me we are to aspire towards our True Node...

Mine is in Leo, but I'm Aquarius, which the complete opposite so I don't even know..lol

Old 03-17-2011, 09:29 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Anyone with only their Sun in any sign, and the rest of their placements in neighboring signs are bound to be confused.
My only other Capricorn is Mercury. Enough to strengthen the goat? It doesn't feel so...

Old 03-17-2011, 09:40 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
My only other Capricorn is Mercury. Enough to strengthen the goat? It doesn't feel so...
I really don't think it would do my Aires Sun much good to also have my Mercury in Aries for back-up, as my Cap moon would beat the crap out of it anyway. It has to do with strength. Capricorn is reputed to be the strongest sign of the zodiac. And? Fire is the weakest of the elements.

And if my Cap moon ran out of steam, my Mercury in Taurus and Mars in Virgo would come along and deliver the final punches!

Old 03-17-2011, 09:43 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
I really don't think it would do my Aires Sun much good to also have my Mercury in Aries for back-up, as my Cap moon would beat the crap out of it anyway. It has to do with strength. Capricorn is reputed to be the strongest sign of the zodiac. And? Fire is the weakest of the elements.
So my Scorpio Moon will beat the crap out of everything, too...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships