Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2011, 10:55 PM

896 posts, read 1,852,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
It's not any kind of desire to argue or have conflict, as it is to help broaded the perspective.

I tell ya, it really bugs me out when people are so fixated on being right and talking blah blah blah, that I will definitely take another stance just to rise to the challenge. It's really not about convincing them of anything other than there is a much larger picture invloved. So it's not really about bringing them over to "my side, as it is just about bringing awareness overall. Yes. Other points of view exist. Let's open those minds, shall we...lol

It's the element of surprise, most likely they are not expecting it

This is a rare treat.

OMG I hate this. Im close minded. Not in an absolute way but in like a....I have it my head that say, this tax cut is ridiculous or that rail network will surely benefit my state, and Im completely not open minded to the possibility that I might be wrong.

My virgo girlfriend always messes with me and I hate it. Like ill be spouting off about some worldly issue, and although she isnt as informed on such things as I am.....ill tell her about something and how I feel about it, and all she does is poke a million holes through my case, and a lot of the times makes my argument look weak, and she winds up being right, and I hate it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 12:14 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,592,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
And many, are more than happy to have their other placements overwhelm their Sun sign, as many hate their sun signs. If you were a single planet Scorpio and you had 2-3 placements in next door fun-loving Saj, or your Moon in fun-loving AQ, how much time would you spend with your Scorpio Sun sign? Zero?
Even before I knew much about Astrology I have always identified and liked being a Gemini. I'm a very strong Gemini as I have 4 placements "and" supposedly I'm a double Gemini due to my birth date. In fact I was astonished to see all the Gemini hate here on the board...lol. People dislike Gemini's? That's news to me...

Now...for some reason...when I even hear the word Scorpio...I want to run. I think stings and oppression. Funny, my mom is a Scorpio. As a child I was always hiding from here with my stack of books during the summer. If she ever caught me reading she would put me to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I really don't think it would do my Aires Sun much good to also have my Mercury in Aries for back-up, as my Cap moon would beat the crap out of it anyway. It has to do with strength. Capricorn is reputed to be the strongest sign of the zodiac. And? Fire is the weakest of the elements.
So...this will be a fun deductive exercise...So if earth is the strongest element, fire is the weakest, and air evaporates water...does it go like this:

Earth>Air>Water>Fire ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
So my Scorpio Moon will beat the crap out of everything, too...?
Runs...ahhhh, Scorpio...wait...instead I will fly, far, far away.

Hahahaha!

Old 03-18-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias C View Post
OMG I hate this. Im close minded. Not in an absolute way but in like a....I have it my head that say, this tax cut is ridiculous or that rail network will surely benefit my state, and Im completely not open minded to the possibility that I might be wrong.

My virgo girlfriend always messes with me and I hate it. Like ill be spouting off about some worldly issue, and although she isnt as informed on such things as I am.....ill tell her about something and how I feel about it, and all she does is poke a million holes through my case, and a lot of the times makes my argument look weak, and she winds up being right, and I hate it!
It's kind of fun to do that you know. And usually I only do that when someone is being an absolutist, or know it all.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:43 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyra33 View Post
Runs...ahhhh, Scorpio...wait...instead I will fly, far, far away.

Hahahaha!
Fly, dear, fly! Otherwise, I may make ya fly!

http://www.kidclipart.net/free_kid_c...6-1538_SMU.jpg

Old 03-18-2011, 01:13 PM

237 posts, read 379,664 times
Fire the WEAKEST element= HUH? Must admit i've NEVER heard that one before! I have read an occasional book stating that earth was perhaps the strongest element. All the elements are powerful, but in different ways.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingjupiter View Post
Fire the WEAKEST element= HUH? Must admit i've NEVER heard that one before! I have read an occasional book stating that earth was perhaps the strongest element. All the elements are powerful, but in different ways.
For that matter I have always wondered how earth was an element...because doesn't it include all the others...fire/air/water?

Old 03-18-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Fly, dear, fly! Otherwise, I may make ya fly!

http://www.kidclipart.net/free_kid_c...6-1538_SMU.jpg

Awwww, awesome. I have been wanting to ride in one every since I went to the balloon fiesta in NM.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:00 PM

237 posts, read 379,664 times
Quote:
For that matter I have always wondered how earth was an element...because doesn't it include all the others...fire/air/water?
I know! But some astrologers say earth is self-sustaining,thus its the most powerful. Try telling a grand fire trine, triple fire, or fire dominant chart that fire is the weakest PPPPPLLLLLEEEEAAAAASE! Can't we all be equal?

Old 03-18-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingjupiter View Post
I know! But some astrologers say earth is self-sustaining,thus its the most powerful. Try telling a grand fire trine, triple fire, or fire dominant chart that fire is the weakest PPPPPLLLLLEEEEAAAAASE! Can't we all be equal?
At first glance I would have said fire was the most dominant...think of the major forest fires we have and through that life begins anew. I think of the the fiery sun which would definitely rule over the earth. Also the earth may be self sustaining but stars, such as the "fiery sun" created all the elements that in turn make up the earth! Meanwhile as air I'll just float while you other elements duke it out.

Out of my sun-moon- ascending and planets 7 air, 2 water, 1 fire, 1 earth
sun............air
moon..........water
ascending....earth
mercury.......air
venus..........air
mars............water
jupiter..........air
saturn..........air
uranus..........air
neptune........fire
pluto............air

Old 03-18-2011, 02:30 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
At first glance I would have said fire was the most dominant...think of the major forest fires we have and through that life begins anew. I think of the the fiery sun which would definitely rule over the earth. Also the earth may be self sustaining but stars, such as the "fiery sun" created all the elements that in turn make up the earth! Meanwhile as air I'll just float while you other elements duke it out.

Out of my sun-moon- ascending and planets 7 air, 2 water, 1 fire, 1 earth
sun............air
moon..........water
ascending....earth
mercury.......air
venus..........air
mars............water
jupiter..........air
saturn..........air
uranus..........air
neptune........fire
pluto............air
I just feel like prickin' ya! That must be an easy life... http://on7.ca/images/envy_icon.png (broken link)

http://www.costumeshop.us.com/images...on-2434sma.jpg

http://on7.ca/images/envy_icon.png (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships