Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 08:18 PM

673 posts, read 3,082,641 times

Advertisements

Recently, this girl was telling me how girls don't like being hit on in gym. She said I definitely should never try to flirt with girls at gym.

Then, a few weeks later I hear she has hookup with this hot guy from the gym! Supposedly, he was such great guy she just had to go out with him. It was implied she already had sex with him also!

I find it absolutely annoying when people give out advice they don't seem to follow. Make me wonder how many of advice I get are just plain worthless since they people themselves may not be following it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 08:22 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,983,891 times
Yes, a lot of the advice is worthless and some even harmful! Some can be good, but the adviser doesn't follow it. On the rare occasions I dare give direct advice I often put disclaimers - do as I say, not as I do!

Old 01-31-2011, 08:26 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,637,432 times
Wonder what gundam she got to see

Old 01-31-2011, 08:43 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,837,913 times
You just don't understand. These situations are totally unrelated!

Out of shape office workers with good jobs who spent too many evenings hitting the books, rather than working out, hit on and flirt with women. They hate that.

Hot trainers making $2 above minimum wage, melt their heart with their well practiced pickup lines. They love that!

Old 01-31-2011, 08:53 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,841,717 times
Are you Judge Judy? j/k

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yes, a lot of the advice is worthless and some even harmful! Some can be good, but the adviser doesn't follow it. On the rare occasions I dare give direct advice I often put disclaimers - do as I say, not as I do!

Old 01-31-2011, 09:00 PM

3,295 posts, read 6,995,606 times
Because hypocrites give advice, doesn't mean the advice is necessarily bad (I'm talking in general here).

It's like a couch potato telling you exercising is important or an extremely rude person lecturing you on the importance of politeness. Take the advice if you can figure if the results are good and don't if not. Who cares if the other person doesn't follow it. If it works and they don't, it's their loss. No need to make it yours!

Old 01-31-2011, 09:19 PM

673 posts, read 3,082,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
You just don't understand. These situations are totally unrelated!

Out of shape office workers with good jobs who spent too many evenings hitting the books, rather than working out, hit on and flirt with women. They hate that.

Hot trainers making $2 above minimum wage, melt their heart with their well practiced pickup lines. They love that!
Well, then how about just say the truth. She could said only HOT guys should hit on girls on gym and can pick up on easily. But a guy with my manners and looks shouldn't bother hitting on girls since they would find me annoying? I swear often I get half truth about what girl really wants when I do ask them in person.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:21 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,738,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unseengundam View Post
Recently, this girl was telling me how girls don't like being hit on in gym. She said I definitely should never try to flirt with girls at gym.

Then, a few weeks later I hear she has hookup with this hot guy from the gym! Supposedly, he was such great guy she just had to go out with him. It was implied she already had sex with him also!

I find it absolutely annoying when people give out advice they don't seem to follow. Make me wonder how many of advice I get are just plain worthless since they people themselves may not be following it...
What she means is she that, she does not like guys she finds unattractive hitting on her.

Old 02-01-2011, 04:09 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,584,738 times
The mouse does not ask the cat how to defend himself.

That being said, I agree with Stumbler - consider the advice itself in relation to yourself; don't necessarily consider the source.

This goes back to the old argument about how an overweight doctor can tell you how to go on a diet, or how people on a Net forum can give relationship advice when they haven't so much as kissed anyone yet - although their advice doesn't seem to work for them, it may work for you.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:16 AM

42,831 posts, read 87,983,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
The mouse does not ask the cat how to defend himself.
That's a good one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships