Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 07:59 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolva1977 View Post
i do not date. I am very busy with school and work and my wonderful life, and honestly dating is not worth the hassle.

If god wants me to meet a great guy he will send him my way. I will not have to look for him.
"Hello! This is God speaking. I DO NOT reward laziness!":d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 08:39 AM

97 posts, read 161,229 times
I love dating and love women. Relationships are hard and in the last couple years haven't found anyone worth making the effort. I have a lot of fun dating and getting to enjoy the company of women. I am not rush anything and have plenty of other things that keep me busy, like grad-school and my career.

I do know what you meant that a relationship can be stressful, but I think if you find the a good person it won't be.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:05 AM

1,646 posts, read 2,372,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
"Hello! This is God speaking. I DO NOT reward laziness!":d
I know who you are LOL

Old 02-02-2011, 09:19 AM

8,938 posts, read 20,360,557 times
I would ABSOLUTELY hate being single again, especially at my age now! But, for the 22 yrs I was single/divorced, I had some bad relationships, BUT that never/ever stopped me from pursuing a relationship/marriage with a lady. I just don't have the "I give, not any more" attitude! I knew there was a lady out there for me and I finally found her AND married her.......that was 10 yrs ago!

Old 02-02-2011, 11:17 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_gateway View Post
I'll explain: For a long time I didn't date because I had two really bad relationships, one right after the other. After the last one crashed and burned, I swore off seeking women for quite some time. I couldn't be bothered with the stress of a relationship. I simply didn't want to handle any future possible negatives, no matter how minor they might be. For me, it didn't seem to be worth it. Maybe it was just me, but I seemed to attract the crazies and it was painful for my brain. I just couldn't handle it.

I actually lost a chance with a great gal; I actually turned her down. I remember I told her straight up I was worried about anything remotely stressful, and my brain wouldn't be able to handle it.

So my question is this: Do you avoid dating because of the stress a relationship puts on you? Have you had a string of bad relationships that have taxed you to the limit? I understand my past has negatively affected future chances, I\m not okay with that but I accept it.

Stories?

I can understand frustration from bad past RELATIONSHIPS with the wrong guy but frustration from dating? As a woman, what frustration is there to have men take you out for dinners, drinks, wine, entertainment, etc.? If you do like them, how nice! A relationship can develop from there. If you don’t like them, you stop seeing them but at least got to enjoy the places he took you out to. What’s there to lose?

Old 02-02-2011, 11:23 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
I have avoided dating kshe95girl. I dont want to tick her husband off!

Old 02-02-2011, 11:26 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,636,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney1987 View Post
you must be really attractive. good for you.
Thanks.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:32 AM

28 posts, read 33,486 times
Yes, I do...but I always love to date with women

Old 02-02-2011, 12:51 PM

746 posts, read 1,676,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney1987 View Post
Why is a relationship stressful to you? You shouldn't be trying to drive it towards anything or be expecting someone else to make you happy/content in life. Even if that person walks away or does something hurtful, it really isn't the end of the world.
I've just had two really bad relationships back to back that turned out to be terrible. Even after the dust has settled with my last one, and everything is "done", it's not.
With this last one, there is still the house and stuff to deal with. Now we have to talk re: splitting everything up, and still having to talk with her, it brings back bad memories and that hurts me.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:54 PM

746 posts, read 1,676,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
I can understand frustration from bad past RELATIONSHIPS with the wrong guy but frustration from dating? As a woman, what frustration is there to have men take you out for dinners, drinks, wine, entertainment, etc.? If you do like them, how nice! A relationship can develop from there. If you don’t like them, you stop seeing them but at least got to enjoy the places he took you out to. What’s there to lose?
I think that having so many bad relationships has changed me, and it's harder for me to have a good one. Like I said before, I lost a really good chance with a great gal, because the stress of bad relationships before has negatively affected how I view future relationships. I know it's terrible to say, but I don't know what to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships