Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 10:21 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,042,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by queensgrl View Post
OP: Yes, I think it's relevant to the question I posted.
It may be poetic, but it certainly didn't mention anything about lack of conditions. We all can do conditions... that's easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 10:23 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,746,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It may be poetic, but it certainly didn't mention anything about lack of conditions. We all can do conditions... that's easy.
Sierra: I did try to address the "unconditional love" part in question, in Post #3, in this thread?

ETA: I do unquestionably believe, in the power and the potential, for unconditional love. And I believe that it is a very real, beautiful thing, to either give or to receive.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:37 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,342,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I already explained that...

BECAUSE you can scare the guy off, or just turn him off completely if you say this before he feels the same way.
He may not want a relationship with me and that's okay. But I do love him. And (to me) saying it just solidifies the feeling. He may run but guys run even when you don't say it.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:40 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,489,477 times
Quote:
He may not want a relationship with me and that's okay. But I do love him. And (to me) saying it just solidifies the feeling. He may run but guys run even when you don't say it.

Well, as long as you are okay with him running off

My point was, if you would like a chance to see if this relationship can become something, don't scare him off too soon.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:43 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,746,080 times
Quote:
Totally agree with you there queensgrl -- you have nothing to lose, and everything to gain, by telling him how much you love him. (You had said it perfectly: that if you *don't* say it, then you risk losing him anyway, the same you would as if you'd never said it at all.)

Good luck & best wishes, to you!! I truly hope, that he feels the same way about you, as you do about him

Old 02-02-2011, 10:52 AM

28 posts, read 33,467 times
I dont think in today's world it is possible where love only means sex to everyone....or just spending time with someone....

Now a days, we only love to those who look good, who have good figure, who is hot...i have never heard that love is between one beauty and one is not having good looks...so i think it is not possible...!!!

Old 02-02-2011, 10:53 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,831,571 times
Quote:
Why shouldn't a woman be the first to say that she loves a guy. Look, if that's how she feels, why play games? The part of it being unconditional is that you can feel it, say it and move on even if the other person doesn't feel the same way. What do you think about that?
if he likes you, he'll try

if he doesn't, he won't

there's no need to be so bent about what happens in the end. continue to love him if you want, there's no real need to declare it. i'm sure he's happy without your declaration... your happiness and his happiness aren't resting on it.

seriously, just relax. let things run their natural course.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Well, as long as you are okay with him running off

My point was, if you would like a chance to see if this relationship can become something, don't scare him off too soon.
Message received. I'll keep it in mind.

This is a little off topic but why do guys withhold saying ILY? Is it to be in a position of power?

Old 02-02-2011, 10:55 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,489,477 times
Quote:
Message received. I'll keep it in mind.

This is a little off topic but why do guys withhold saying ILY? Is it to be in a position of power?
Not necessarily.

Men just have a lot more riding on that declaration sometimes, so they must be really sure of their feelings and personal situation before they go there .

Old 02-02-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilsharma577 View Post
I dont think in today's world it is possible where love only means sex to everyone....or just spending time with someone....

Now a days, we only love to those who look good, who have good figure, who is hot...i have never heard that love is between one beauty and one is not having good looks...so i think it is not possible...!!!
Yes, this is all true. I wrote the other day that we put up obstacles that don't allow love to come in. When we think about WANT first, it becomes very difficult to even get to know a person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships