Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 10:29 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,444,943 times

Advertisements

Is the honeymoon over already? Chelsea Clinton and Marc Mezvinsky 'spending three months apart'

Read more: Chelsea Clinton and Marc Mezvinsky 'spending three months apart' | Mail Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 10:42 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,376,466 times
Yes I heard this on the news today.

Let them live their life out of the spotlight and figure it out.

Why do we have to make celebs out of ordinary citizens? Chelsea Clinton-Mezvinsky is an Ordinary Citizen!

I think people like to point fingers in this country - "this one does that, the other has this, blah whatever (so that means I'm not as F'ed up as they are!!) - LEAVE IT ALONE!

My gut says there's nothing wrong.

I'm sick of the media in the private lives of ANYONE with a "name".

Old 02-02-2011, 10:56 PM

14,561 posts, read 22,984,963 times
Now is my chance!

Old 02-02-2011, 11:01 PM

15,853 posts, read 35,035,161 times
"desperate" to start a family sounds so......well.......desperate.

I think "anxious" to start a family would have been a better choice of words. Perhaps hubby isn't so anxious (or desperate).

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-02-2011, 11:06 PM

15,893 posts, read 18,239,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Yes I heard this on the news today.

Let them live their life out of the spotlight and figure it out.

Why do we have to make celebs out of ordinary citizens? Chelsea Clinton-Mezvinsky is an Ordinary Citizen!

I think people like to point fingers in this country - "this one does that, the other has this, blah whatever (so that means I'm not as F'ed up as they are!!) - LEAVE IT ALONE!

My gut says there's nothing wrong.

I'm sick of the media in the private lives of ANYONE with a "name".
I agree. Plus, she is working on a degree and 3 months would add a hunk of time to getting the degree.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:31 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,837,478 times
Default More Tabloid "Journalism"

"Ms Clinton, meanwhile, is remaining in New York, where she is currently studying for a degree in public policy at the city's Columbia University.

The fact that the pair will be living apart comes as something of a surprise, given that friends claim Ms Clinton is desperate to start a family."

Well, what is it? Or is this just salacious gossip?

Old 02-03-2011, 12:51 AM

570 posts, read 880,455 times
unfortunately for her, being good in bed is genetic ...

you'd think those women would learn that it's not all about them, that they should please their man ... if they want them to stay around that is.

But that's a consequence of being a psycho feminist

Old 02-03-2011, 01:55 AM

570 posts, read 880,455 times
i'd never marry a woman who insisted on keeping her last name .. that is a red flag of a future divorce or a real miserable one sided marriage

Old 02-03-2011, 04:44 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,176,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future View Post
unfortunately for her, being good in bed is genetic ...

you'd think those women would learn that it's not all about them, that they should please their man ... if they want them to stay around that is.

But that's a consequence of being a psycho feminist
Yes, but isn't her pursuit of a another degree a sign that she is not being pleased by her husband? I am not suggesting that woman not pursue activities outside of marriage but it should enrich their relationship, not separate them.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:34 AM

3,769 posts, read 8,768,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisan View Post
Yes, but isn't her pursuit of a another degree a sign that she is not being pleased by her husband? I am not suggesting that woman not pursue activities outside of marriage but it should enrich their relationship, not separate them.
There are couples who respect and love each other enough to permit them to pursue their goals even if it means there are temporary physical separations. Being married does not mean you do not remain an individual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships