Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 05:27 AM

19 posts, read 63,451 times

Advertisements

I've been intimate with this guy 2 months now. So here's the deal. He always wants to meet my girlfriends. He insisted on meeting this one when she came for holidays and even before seeing her he wanted both of us to go clubbing with him alone (no other guy).
When they finally met, he tried to impress her by talking about his promotion and offering to spend time with her on his holiday while I am back at work!
Then he insisted on taking us out, which he never did with me after we got intimate, when I ask him to take me out he always found excuses not to. But he drove us all around town just like she wanted.
Then at a bar, I saw her removing his hand from her butt and standing up suddenly when he tried to hug her and she joined me on the dance floor. Then he asked her to dance, several times (not me) and she refused, then she pretended she was sick so that we'd live the place, and he kept insisting that we go to a club (a friend told me that men do that so they can hold the girl) and she kept saying she was sick because of the smoke. So then we took her home and he was like we need to do this again, I'll find a club that doesn't have smoke!
He knows she's traveling back next week.The thing now is he has her number and knows were she lives and is very confident about his charm. I'm gonna break up with him, and I already told her that, but do you think I can ask her how he behaved at the club before I do? Just to confirm what I saw and make sure I am not over reacting? Will she tell me?
My boyfriends often hit on my close girlfriends, why is that? What is it with me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 06:40 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,157,939 times
You already know the answer. Delete his phone number. Ignore messages, delete texts, do not go anywhere with him, including out for coffee. He doesn't even deserve a 'break up' conversation.

You want to ask your friend how he behaved -- why? You saw what you saw, you feel what you feel, and your feelings are important and legitimate and you are not wrong. You want to say to your girl friend "did I really see him put his hand on your a** and while you tell me here's a salt shaker for you to rub salt in my open weeping wounds"

You:
"My boyfriends often hit on my close girlfriends, why is that? What is it with me?"

Your standards are too low. Start expecting good behavior, insist on it, and if you don't get it the guy isn't worth your time.

Look, OP. Every guy wants it (unless they're gay). Doesn't mean you have to give over. Let them want it. Don't put out for guys with no integrity. No exceptions.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:32 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,834,904 times
This should be in the relationships forum

Old 01-08-2011, 07:32 AM

66 posts, read 330,752 times
Wow r u serious?! I'm sorry you had to go through that. But you handled the situation very well, cus if dat was me, there would had been some problems for that guy and I woulda left him there at the club. That is just disrespectful! I totally agree with birdinmigration. Just lose all contacts with him and don't even bring it up to your friend. You know what you saw. Dust it off and move on to the next. Sweetheart any dude who is disrespectful and at that, can be so low to try to mess/flirt with your friend right there in your face certainly do not deserve YOU!

Old 01-08-2011, 07:51 AM

1,250 posts, read 2,157,939 times
One more thing to think about. Your girl friends will start losing respect for you if you keep dating loser-ish guys who hit on them. Nobody can relax in that situation. It's unpleasant.

(Don't fool yourself that guys who drive you around discussing their promotions and splashing out on clubs and dinners can't be losers, a rich guy can be as much of a jerk as a poor one)

Old 01-08-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
One more thing to think about. Your girl friends will start losing respect for you if you keep dating loser-ish guys who hit on them. Nobody can relax in that situation. It's unpleasant.

(Don't fool yourself that guys who drive you around discussing their promotions and splashing out on clubs and dinners can't be losers, a rich guy can be as much of a jerk as a poor one)
You're right, but he's not even rich cause he has a cheap car and did not spend that much. And true my friends are loosing respect.
I am usually very demanding on guys, but then they respect me but no one dates me.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
How do you do that? I had to google to even find out how to create a thread? Couldn't find the button anywhere.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:59 AM

5,545 posts, read 2,037,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
Instead of posting that it should be in the relationships forum, why don't you just report the post so it can be moved?

Old 01-08-2011, 11:57 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
What's with the kids these days, I feel like I got clubbed to death all over again

Old 01-08-2011, 11:58 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,310,461 times
Here is an idea for you. Why don't you talk to your girlfriend and apologize to her for the way your soon-to-be-ex boyfriend acted that night. Tell her you are very sorry he made her uncomfortable and harrassed her... maybe she will open up to you and start talking about what he did!!!! You won't even have to ask her, just start apologizing.

I think the reason he is doing it is because he wants a threesome. Maybe that is why all your past exes have tried to hit on your girlfriends. They think something is going to happen if he gets close with her, and he is already going out with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships