U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 12:04 PM

2,529 posts, read 2,814,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkiel View Post
I have a hard time asking girls out because I feel worthless. I don't feel that I have anything to contribute to them. I'm still a college student but I'm not very handsome and I seriously don't know what I can offer them.

I chatted with a girl online but I didn't want to show her picture because I wanted to went until I've done at least 1 month at the gym. I'm not fat, I weigh around 150 pounds at 5"10.

I don't have very good grades so I can't prove to her that I'm smart.

I used to have confidence but last year I got addicted with something and that'd completely ruined my life. I'd almost failed out of school and made me very depressed. I've recovered from the depression and addiction but I now have less than 10% of my old confidence. Before I would ask questions in class but now I feel like I'm just a twig.

I want some actionable suggestions for improving confidence. I went to see counselling but I don't have it anymore since they don't think I'm depressed enough to commit suicide.

They don't address confidence problems.

1)WORKOUT..I'm serious. WORKOUT. Go to the gym.

You kill 3 birds with one stone.

First you feel great and look great.

second...Women will notice that you look great.

third Guys respect you more.

2) GET SOME HOBBIES
Play the piano.
Play the drums..
Learn to dance...
Do boxing
Play football idk..

Me I love to modify cars. But thats me I have an obsession with cars.Being obsessed with a talent or something you love takes your mind off of things like that.

3) Hangout with guys who get alot of women.
Learn what they do. Study them. Don't be a creep about it. Just learn from the best.

Follow this..and you will A ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2011, 12:09 PM

199 posts, read 264,302 times
Honestly the best thing to do is fake it until it starts improving. Low self confidence is always a turn-off for women so try to do things assertively without hesitating and they like that.

Old 04-22-2011, 03:18 AM

1 posts, read 345 times
Quote:
I have a hard time asking girls out because I feel worthless. I don't feel that I have anything to contribute to them. I'm still a college student but I'm not very handsome and I seriously don't know what I can offer them.

I chatted with a girl online but I didn't want to show her picture because I wanted to went until I've done at least 1 month at the gym. I'm not fat, I weigh around 150 pounds at 5"10.

I used to have confidence but last year I got addicted with something and that'd completely ruined my life. I'd almost failed out of school and made me very depressed. I've recovered from the depression and addiction but I now have less than 10% of my old confidence. Before I would ask questions in class but now I feel like I'm just a twig.

I want some actionable suggestions for improving confidence. I went to see counselling but I don't have it anymore since they don't think I'm depressed enough to commit suicide.

I think people like your qualities more than your looks.So what you need is to improve your qualities or if you will improve your grades then you will be noticed by other people and they will interact with you.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:30 AM

7,492 posts, read 8,258,153 times
Everyone has things they don't like about themselves. Some of those things you can change, others you can't. Confidence comes from finding the things you like about yourself and not thinking too much about the things you don't like. I know a guy who isn't tall, isn't particularly good-looking, and doesn't have a prestigious job title. But what he does have going for him, and what he likes about himself, is his intelligence. He knows he's smart and can talk about anything. And knowing that he can converse with someone on a wide variety of subjects makes it easier for him to approach someone.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:13 AM

7,536 posts, read 6,003,416 times
Quote:

I'm sorry Bro!

This world is so cruel.

I would suggest you forget about girls for now. It's not a good idea to hit the highway on a long road trip when you need a tune up.

You sound depressed to me. I am not sure what the addiction was or is but it always will be there. You have to continue to battle it forever. It's just something you avoid now.

You need to find friends that have a positive effect on you. Maybe someone that believes in you. Someone that says nice upbuilding things to you. Even if it is your parents or close relative. Someone that will say nice things to you.

Heck! A visit to an animal shelter is enough confidence for me. There is a pooch that is on death row and will hop up and show you attention as if you were the best thing in the world. If I were in that dog's paws I think I would be more like, "What do you want?"

Try it. Take a trip down there and make those animals happy to see you. It will brighten your day...trust me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships