U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 03:32 PM

201 posts, read 337,189 times

Advertisements

i dont know.. i guess it is my fault really and that i shouldnt be perpetuating bad behavior. someone said i should take their advice and just say no next time, which actually sounds like a good idea. maybe if i took better control these situations wouldnt happen. worth a try i guess. I'm seeing the issues it can cause just in this forum and didnt think about the persons household and maybe what goes on there. Right or wrong, opportunity or not, it probably isnt the best idea in the long run. it can lead to some bad times. i guess thats the reason i posted this. i needed help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2011, 03:35 PM

8,067 posts, read 9,229,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
I don't care how vulnerable you think they are, they are grown adults.

Some people are vulnerable to alcoholism and I don't see people protesting in front of liquor stores with signs saying "predator".

Grown adults make there own decisions. Married women are NOT children. If they chose to cheat, the responsability falls on them. Even moreso if they are older than him and should know better.

You can twist that any way you want, individuals are responsible for their actions, regardless of outside influence.
I am not twisting anything. I already said they make their own choices. They are responsible. That doesn't mean they are not being preyed upon. We are not talking about addictions. We are talking about vulnerabilities.......you do know that one can be vulnerable and not be an addict, yes? Still, even addicts start somewhere.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:42 PM

6,995 posts, read 13,047,429 times
This thread should be renamed Confessions of a Gigolo.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:51 PM

1,041 posts, read 746,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Maybe you can't wrap your head around the fact that she doesn't want to be married, regardless of being together with you?

Anyone that isn't a simpleton will concede that children will bound a couple more than anything. And probably the only reason she stays? Do they have your last name?
No matter how hard you try to be incisive, you still sound like someone who has an extra chromosone.

Keep dancing.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:14 PM

11,441 posts, read 9,218,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
Absolutely correct. It can devastate children so badly that they either repeat the destructive behavior of the parent or they get into bad relationships when they become adults.

Adultery can ruin many, many lives and not only of the two people involved.

That's what this OP doesn't care about that he can possibly destroy many lives with his behavior.
What ruins lives is the social attitudes about adultery. Just have a look at the the self-righteous, religiously moral people, stones in hand, lining up for their turn to throw. Got your throwing arm ready yet?

Last edited by Visvaldis; 02-04-2011 at 04:36 PM..

Old 02-04-2011, 04:17 PM

4,941 posts, read 2,139,075 times
Quote:
No matter how hard you try to be incisive, you still sound like someone who has an extra chromosone.

Keep dancing.
You, disapproving of me, tells me I am doing something right.

The fact that you never answer my questions, shows me some doubt.

I'll take my extra chromosone out for supper.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
You, disapproving of me, tells me I am doing something right.

The fact that you never answer my questions, shows me some doubt.

I'll take my extra chromosone out for supper.
I'm not answering your questions because they are so off from reality and it's obvious you are trolling.

The problem is that you are a painfully unfunny troll. Not even a little entertaining.

I think you've earned a place on my ignore list. Congrats!

Old 02-04-2011, 04:30 PM

11,441 posts, read 9,218,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie1 View Post
I do believe that it is natural to experience sex with different partners but when a person marries, there is an understanding that it is now between only those two and they are committed and bonded to each other sexually and in other ways unless they have agreed to an "open marriage". If the commit will be broken then why get married?

What I have bolded is a poor excuse to cheat. Is that what you tell your partners when you are out cheating? Let them feel that it is them to blame because of their flaws.

Of course someone that cheats shows a lack of character. They are weak in character and actions. Do you not think that everyone has been tempted in life? Of course, but it shows what type of person you are when you can walk away from temptation and be true to the person you are with.

That's what people say that are proclaiming that they are innocent in their bad behavior by asking people not to judge them morally.

Who is passing judgment? Not any of us but we are telling him that he is not innocent or confused in his actions and he knows exactly why he is preying on the same type of women.
You can believe what you want to believe. Beliefs have no limits.
You can label someone who cheats as a lack of character. But can you back it up with sound reason and logic? Probably not. Or you may want to quote the bible.
You do not have to like people that cheat. That's your decision. You can call them any names you desire. But always remember, those are your personal opinions, nothing more.
Your two last paragraphs contradict one another. Your opinions are not the standard of moral judgement.
This whole thread is loaded with self-righteous smug condemnations against people that have sex outside of marriage. One poster even hopes the OP gets hurt.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:34 PM

4,941 posts, read 2,139,075 times
Quote:
I'm not answering your questions because they are so off from reality and it's obvious you are trolling.

The problem is that you are a painfully unfunny troll. Not even a little entertaining.

I think you've earned a place on my ignore list. Congrats!
Well, I can say I did something right today. Bye.

Old 02-04-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
What ruins lives in the social attitudes about adultery. Just have a look at the the self-righteous, religiously moral people, stones in hand, lining up for their turn to throw. Got your throwing arm ready yet?
Exactly.

Funny to hear all these tradional folks pontificating about marriage and how it is morally superior but they will throw everything away because their little ego was hurt because their partner had sex on the side. I cheated on women and I was cheated on. It is not the end of the world and most of the times, there is a good reason behind it and it is forgivable if you can get over yourself and your little outdated principles. But these righteous folks will destroy their entire family because OMG, adultery is against God will! The kids will be in a broken home because of what? An ego.

And am I the only one who finds that people who are so self-righteous on adultery are often people who wouldn't get any even if they were single? It must be easy to act morally superior when you're past your expiration date and no one ever hits on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships